Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

29Feb - losingjusme's plastics day

Lilo, I agree her butt is pretty doggone good :biggrin:

But I have to respond to your comment saying she doesn't look swollen...I think she's quite swollen but perhaps because it is all so smooth it doesn't appear that way in the photos? If you saw her post earlier, she measured her waist pre and post-op and it was actually (I believe) **9 inches** bigger after the surgery than before. That's a lot of swelling.

C, I remember reading Georgia's thread (puddin) and even three months out she still had swelling that kept her at a size 8 when she ended up a 6.

Fear not, lambchop! You ARE swollen and it will be a bit before it's gone.

Yep, Faith, I stand corrected. I can see where that was misunderstood. I do understand that LJM knows that she is absolutely swollen all to hell. Was just making a comment that in the photo she did not look swollen. After you commented on my statement, I knew exactly where you were coming from. I guess I missed that 9" part. Sorry.

holy crap am i swollen!!

im sitting here without my binder (was cutting into incision) a "wife beater" that is about 10 sizes too small and my pants around my hips... SO wouldnt have done this last week!!

DH lovingly poured peroxide on my incisions this morning.. dear god that burned like an MF!! we put some pain relief neosporin on it and that helps...

thats about all going on. pretty boring day! :biggrin:

LJM,

So glad to see and hear you are doing okay. I hope the swelling will go down for ya in the next few days. I was just wondering about the Peroxide and Neosporin? They wouldn't let me do that for my lapband incisions. Is that something exclusive to plastics??

DH lovingly poured peroxide on my incisions this morning.. dear god that burned like an MF!! we put some pain relief neosporin on it and that helps...

thats about all going on. pretty boring day! :biggrin:

Ok, that line just made my groin quiver in pain and my inner thighs hurt.... oh and my port throbbed a little too... :-)

my PS poured peroxide on my incisions Saturday morning and its in my 'handbook', so i guess its ok..

he didnt specify neosporin, but any antibiotic ointment will work

holy crap!! when i am standing not only can i see my thighs, i can see my knees, calves, toes and heels! OMG!!! :shades_smile:

How close to goal were you when you got your TT?

i was not as close to goal as many would prefer. my pannus was severely hindering my exercising (and my life actually) so i got the TT earlier. there is a 99% chance that i will need a revision and that's fine with me and my family. this was a good time for me to do it. YMMV.

holy crap!! when i am standing not only can i see my thighs, i can see my knees, calves, toes and heels! OMG!!! :shades_smile::ohmy:

Awesome!! :blink: I want PS too.... right now. I'm not near goal, and have no $... but this makes me want to see the things I haven't in years:embaressed_smile:! lol:tt2:

I had to do a "wash" of 1/2 Water 1/2 peroxide, then neosporin, just on the two stitches where the two tubes were. I didn't have to do anything to the dissolving stitches, but as soon as they started to heal I started using Mederma. Next time I see my ps I'm going to ask for a RX of some type of bleach.

I had a great NSV yesterday, I tried on 12's and they were too big, I had to get 10's!!!!!!!!!

the past several days (since Sunday maybe) i've had severe headaches while sleeping. make me want to throw up severe.

the only thing that really knocks out headaches for me is Aleve and thats on the medicine nono list. i truly want to hurl.

lst night i took 3 tylenol pm ... they knocked me out but i still got that incredible headache. i dont know what im going to do.

i cant think i cant concentrate on anything more than a couple of minutes.

thereare pm's i want to respond to and i just cant and i feel horrible. :thumbup:

please just know if you sent me a PM adn i havent responded its not cause i dint want to. just cant think ...

c

Are you dehydated? Maybe that's the headache problem?

You look fabulous. It must feel so great ( other than the headaches, the healing and the pain)!

Ring your PS hon and ask them if there is anything else that you can take. It might be dehydration you know, I get corkers when I dont have enough to drink!There are all sorts of toxins flying round your body at the moment as a by product of the healing the more that you drink that more you will flush them out.

Hope you feel better soon hon.

Nina x

LJM,

Have you tried Excedrin Tension, Aspirin Free, that helps me and it should be band friendly? I hope you feel better soon. Sorry you are feeling so crummy!! ((((Hugs))))

also posted on blog....

so last night i was getting ready for the ordeal (formerly known as a shower). DH has to observe me to make sure i dont ohhh, pass out or something....

so my binder is off of me, laying in bed pretty much nude except for my 'wife beater' t-shirt that is basically covering the girls and not much else. and i start crying ... why??? many reasons i think.... im still REALLY swollen and basically just look fat... not huge fat, but fat none the less.... im not flat like the other pics i've seen x days post op... i knew that would more than likely happen, but did i have my expectations too high? did i want to be flat? you bet your ass i did... i wanted the perfect flat tummy that i've seen in so many pictures...

also, im concerned that my very dear DH has taken such great care of me (house is another matter, but i digress...) and seen me in such horrid ways and helped me dress my bandages (who am i kidding, he's done all the work)... that when it's time for him to stop being my caregiver and start being my husband and when the physical intimacy starts up, all he'll think about is how gross i looked X days post op and how the scabs looked and how horrid of a kendoll i had (have)... he wont see me as an intimate partner but as a patient... that really started the waterworks...

**sigh**

i shared this all with him (except the housework part...) and he truly is the best... he got me thinking why i wanted this tuck in the first place.... it wasnt to look perfect... it was to make my life easier and the looks part is a bonus. he made the best analogy too... he told me to think back about the band and when i first got it. did the band make me lose weight?? i told him of course it didnt.... it was a great tool to help me lose weight, but it wasnt the cure all.... he said i should approach my tuck as that same type of tool. a catalyst to help me finish my journey. we talked about my goals and why i truly wanted plastics and he helped set things in perspective for me...

i truly love my DH with all my heart... he may say some stupid stuff every once in awhile (dont we all??) but he is f'ing phenominal....

revised goals:

goal weight is now 160 instead of 180

run the Disney marathon in Jan 2009 (along with probably walking Minnie in May 2008)

when able to exercise, PUSH it like i never knew was possible

be happy with the results i have so far, they are more than likely temporary and will need a revision, but that's OK...

thanks for the replies about the headaches.

doc said probably dehydrated, but that if it happened again i could take some aleve. that's usually the only thing that can knock headaches out for me.

drink drink drink ...