Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

29Feb - losingjusme's plastics day

thank you -

it doesnt help matters that i refuse to tell my family (step mom) how much i've lost... she sent an email to another relative saying that i wont tell her but she thinks i've lost over 200 pounds .. damn. how big did she think i was??? i dont think i wanna know that answer. :thumbup:

It never ceases to amaze me the people in our lives.

At this pint I would go way overboard and "leak" it to her that you LOST something like 425 pounds. Be really serious about it.

On a bad day I would be in her face and she'd be on the receiving end of a LONG LONG speech....other days Id live to slap her one for ya'!

You KNOW you are not your number....high or low!

You've come so far and are doing SO WELL!

Your is one of the threads I look forward to reading!

Thank you.

Congratulations and I hope your tree trunk syndrome goes away soon!

I may have missed it (and very sorry if I did) but I am curious why you chose to have your reconstructive surgery now as opposed to when you reach your weight loss goal?

Hope you feel well soon!

I read through more closely and saw why you had your surgery before reaching goal.

Congrats again on all of your many accomplishments!

Edited by cori in wa

It never ceases to amaze me the people in our lives.

At this pint I would go way overboard and "leak" it to her that you LOST something like 425 pounds. Be really serious about it.

On a bad day I would be in her face and she'd be on the receiving end of a LONG LONG speech....other days Id live to slap her one for ya'!

You KNOW you are not your number....high or low!

You've come so far and are doing SO WELL!

Your is one of the threads I look forward to reading!

Thank you.

i think i may do that ... i'll make it REALLY REALLY high (like 500) so she'll go REALLY? and i can say NO! and then i'll ask her why she wants to know...

Congratulations and I hope your tree trunk syndrome goes away soon!

I may have missed it (and very sorry if I did) but I am curious why you chose to have your reconstructive surgery now as opposed to when you reach your weight loss goal?

Hope you feel well soon!

I read through more closely and saw why you had your surgery before reaching goal.

Congrats again on all of your many accomplishments!

yeah, my pannus was just hindering everything (exercising, life in general...)

thanks!

Hey at least your MIL acknowledges you have lost weight!!!

My SIL and I went to be banded together. She is a horrid bandster, no exercise, she has lost her weight simply due to starvation, had herself so tight at one point she dehydrated enough to do kidney damage!!! She has her DD doing her fills and unfills!!! So by doing all this, she dropped suddenly from a size 24 to a size 8.

I have gone much slower....make that M U C H slower!!!!! LOL, but I have gone from a size 22/24 to a comfortable size 14 which will drop if I can follow in your footsteps with the TT.

So....my SIL took 2 of her 3 DD's to be banded, and they are doing just like us....1 is at goal and cannot eat still, and the other is like me, slowly dropping.

I mentioned to my loving MIL, that the one niece is just going to do like I did....and she tells me......"Oh no! I think she will be successful, it might just take her longer".........I kept telling myself--she is 80---she cannot remember what you started at. But every now and then the old "you failed" message gets tossed at me, and I come sooooo close to losing it!

And I get the message from my SIL, that she did not do something as drastic as WLS to only be a size 14, she wants to be THIN, not normal---to her normal is still just less fat. So for my birthday last year----quite a few pounds ago, they bought me clothes, my MIL & SIL--bought me size 10 capri's and size 8 blouses. I wear a 38DDD bra-----on what universe are these babies EVER gonna fit in a size 8??? I will be going to a 36 soon---as my bras are getting loose again, but an 8? Gimme a break!

It is hard not to let people like that mess with your mind---that is why (well one of a bazillion reasons) I love the support here at LBT. Even when I joined, before surgery, I was accepted, and supported----you guys are always there!

Kat

LJM you are doing very well. I am also still swollen up! My plastic surgeon (she is a woman) said to me it is a VERY big wound! Its not just the scars they had to tear all your skin. So its not surprising it swells up... Once the swelling has disappeared you should have your curves back.

I am getting a tiny bit myself back as the swelling goes down. After the TT I had gained 22 lbs in liquid! While she cut of more than 12 lbs off me in skin. I upped my protieine intake drastically. Am eating lots of proteine bars and such. I also eliminated salty foods and such. Already lost half what I gained in liquid. Just takes time.

I understand how you feel though. When I look in the mirrow I think hmm yeah looks straight then I see my thighs... and think URGH!!!I am going to need the whole works before I can feel normal! But one day of the time. What helps is remembering how bad it was before you lost the weight..

thanks marillon... :smile:

my PS did say he basically 'traumatized' my body and its not too happy right now. im still quite swollen and my tum feels like ive done a billion crunches right now. this muscle ache (not pain, just almost a dull ache) has just started early this week... grrrr)

im seeing my giggly thighs and horrid boobs/arms now even more too... this is going to be a really long process.

but im starting to realize that there are not many perfect people in the world. i saw a co-worker today (she may weigh 140 is about 5'8" looks GREAT) and she has the back fat/side boobies going on ...

i need to redefine my version of 'perfect'... i just ordered a book from Amazon: When Women Stop Hating Their Bodies: Freeing Yourself from food and Weight Obsession... hopefully that will help.

kinda TMI ...

right now, my tummy is flat (as in i can go from where my ribcage used to be :wink2: stupid swelling alllll the way down to my hoo-ha in a flat line ... no bumps, no ridges, just a very slight swollen mound of my tummy...) before, it was a chore just getting there :wink2:

i'll post a review of the book once i finally get it and read it.

What I have noticed since I lost some weight and my sagging has started is that I have some anger with myself. I think how did I end up doing this to myself? I don't mean the surgery, I mean all the overeating that got me to this place. I know I had a faulty "food" thermostat. It just didn't shut off when it should have, so i kept shoveling food in. UGH!

I have to get past that and the only way will be to fix as many of the problem areas as I can with PS later.

Where to start, right? Well, my neck is first. I wanted/needed that done before I lost any weight. ( hereditery, my mom had it) I have that hanging crepey skin thing happening. That's all I see when i look in the mirror.

Then on to pannus.But what about my thighs, they are already really bad and my bat wings! Yikes.

I was self pay for the band and that money was supposed to be for my PS.

I am worried that I should not tempt the "going under anesthesia often" gods with all these surgeries.

It is so helpful to see the courage all of you ahead of me in their journey have. It is all so daunting, but you just do it!

Don't even get me started on family and comments. I have the SIL from hell. Thank god, the other SIL is the BEST!

I will see them both on Sunday.... already worked up about it... the evil one does not know yet that I was banded. I hate to have to say the words, "I had lap band surgery" to her, but I don;t want HER to have that much control over me.

Losing: You WILL get to your goal. I have no doubt about that. Thanks for all the posts from you veterans. I don't know where I would be without the forum. I have learned so much here.

And whoever said to you that "you were sawed in half" really made me laugh. I just keep picturing you on a stage with a magician in a box as he "saws" the "assistant" in half! I can't get that picture out of my head.

Kat: You know you're doing the right thing by not being too tight. I don;t care how slow I lose, I do not want to be too tight. It is unhealthy, unnatural and dangerous. I refuse to lose weight through starvation instead of restriction.

The reality is your SIL cannot trust herself at all to work "with" her band. she thinks she has more "control" than you do, but the reality is just the opposite.

I believe we will do better in the long term when we lose slowly as we are changing our habits, for the long haul.

Thanks everyone!

Losing, I think you are FANTASTIC! I was so pleased to see an avitar with your pretty face. Even though I'm new to LBT, I look for your posts to see how you're doing. Such an inspiration you are!

Kat, I'm so sorry you're having to endure those hurtful comments. We'll remind you how wonderful you look, and what a fine example you are. Doesn't sound as if your SIL is doing things very safely. Some major body issues going on there!

last night i got to take a bath and it was heavenly!! only bad thing is that i didnt want to get it too hot due to swelling.

it's gone down a bit, but my left side still has that swell buldge that annoys the crap out of me.

LJM: Did your doc say that lopsided swelling is normal? My left breast is a lot more swollen than the right one. Makes me worried that I'm going to be lopsided. The swelling is the pits. Do you think that exercise makes it worse? I want to at least start walking again, but I don't want to swell up. I guess you just have to go for it?

i actually made a special trip to Dr. P cause i was concerned with the uneven swelling. he poked and prodded and said i was fine and that swelling will occur. he did mention that he did more tightening in that area, so that may be it.

im sad to say i havent exercised (formally) since the 15th when i walked for an hour. :)

i have however been active (laundry, general house stuff, i cleaned out my closet and packed up all my old clothes)... im not carrying anything but just up and down and stuff..

dr P says it may take several months for the swelling to go away completely so its just something i have to deal with. i had a clothes dilemma yesterday. i was so swollen my new jeans werent fitting and not swollen enough to where my old jeans fit ... nothing to wear. literally .. :wub:

hope your swelling subsides soon...

thank you - really... but i still see a fat woman in the mirror... i weigh 242 pounds ... there are LOTS of people on this board that start their WL journey where i am now ... and i've lost 160 pounds :wink: still have 82 more to go... that's a ton of weight... (ha - and i wanted to call goal by my birthday in June ... double HA!)

i dunno if i am really the person to actually give the guidance... i just log my experiences (tell it like it is) for my journalling ... cause i cant remember shit...

i guess im just SO frustrated that i still look like a tree trunk... yes, the big huge gut is gone, but im still a very large girl.

it doesnt help matters that i refuse to tell my family (step mom) how much i've lost... she sent an email to another relative saying that i wont tell her but she thinks i've lost over 200 pounds .. damn. how big did she think i was??? i dont think i wanna know that answer. :angry:

Well, I am starting at 235-240 but I am only 5' 2" and I wear 22/24 jeans. I would have to get down to 160 to get into 14's. I am one of those who carry thier weight well and most would not guess I am over 200. Everyt time I get weighed the nurse always starts out with the large weight in the 100's and I shake my head and move it to the 200's.

I know you are upset with your step mom and when it about ourselves we always assume the worst. But isn't it possible that since you look so good she thinks you have lost that much weight and weigh much less now than you actually do, rather than thinking your starting weight was higher ????