Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Has anyone had an experience of their clothes falling off???

Embarrassing but true. On Thanksgiving day I was was fixing Breakfast for my Daughter in law and grandkids and I had on my fat panties and a nightgown. As I was cooking I had to keep pulling up my underware well my hands was full as I was carrying something to the table and the underware just dropped to the floor.

We all laughed and my dil took a picture of me holding them will make a great picture for my weight loss scrapbook page.

SCRAPPY!

Wow, wow, wow!!!!

MOST impressive, you look fabulous.....and twenty years younger! If your age wasn't shown, I'd swear you were a college student! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

Hi Shamrocks!

Harley - way cool about the pumpkin pie. I had some this year and was happy when it was gone. Hopefully, next year, I'll throw it out before I eat a few slices. I think it is awesome you threw it out! :thumbup:

Fenton - Hello! I found Paris interesting. I'm sure it will take you some time to adjust. It sounds like you have a plan. For me, the plan it most helpful!

Sugar - YEAH!!!!!! Oneunderland is a goal that I have for my birthday next year. (Which is April 15). I am so happy that you made that goal. How positively exciting!:smile2::thumbup:

Scrappy - I am in awe. :thumbup: I look at your pictures and I cannot recognize the women you were. You are one of the folks that will end up on the first page as an inspiration! Too funny about the granny panties. I have to admit I have had a few times where I almost lost my pants. When I got home, I promptly put them in the good wil bag!

OK, ready for my news???? Look at my signature! I have lost 50 pounds. Woohoo! That was my goal for the end of the year. So now, I need to up it a few pounds to maybe 55? I am thrilled with my restriction at this point. I always get scared when I say that. Plus, there is only a little more they can actually put in the band at this point, but I have really good restriction. The mornings can be tough. At lot of times I need to have a hot drink first and eat breakfast an hour later. A few ounces of Protein seem to satisfy me. But, holy cow, I am so happy that I am finally hitting some of these milestones. It has been a wonderful week. I have a holiday party tonight and I am not really worried. I know the menu and there will be plenty of Protein sources. I actually am wearing new clothes to this party. (It's a big deal, ritzy place, snazzy clothes, jewels everywhere, a DJ - I love to dance!)

I am so thrilled, can you tell? :girl_hug::biggrin:

Hope - Congratulations on you 50 pound loss. It feels great, doesn't it. I hope you had a ball dancing all night long in your new clothes.

Hey guys sorry I've been MIA. I was so busy right before T-Day and then worked Fri and Sat AM DH got the call that his mom passed away. So we packed up the kids and went to California. It was quite an experience...I've never been through an Islamic burial and all the stuff that goes along with death in my DH's culture. It was exhausting. I then flew back with the kids and went back to work. I'm still working on getting all the left overs out of the fridge from T-day and preparing for Christmas. DH is still in California and on Weds will return to work in North Carolina (this time). I'm exhausted and have a horrible pinched nerve behind my left shoulder and into my neck. I even resorted to taking one of my Percocet's left over from my surgery.

Fenton...sounds like you are doing REALLY well! I am so happy that you have found your way back on track.

Sugar....congrats on making it to onederland!! My plateau has lasted so long I don't feel like the scale will ever move again.

Rhonda...your transformation is AMAZING! You are an inspiration.

Amanda....hang in there.

Hope....congrats on your 50 pound loss!!!

Harley....I never mentioned it but I love your dress. It is beautiful! I hope you will post a picture of yourself in it.

Christine

Gosh, it looks like Rhonda's amazing success has underscored just what we can achieve if we work as hard at this as she has! Congrats on everyone for doing so well!

Christine - sounds like you've had a rough ride recently. I'd say hang in there, but it's pretty clear that you're managing the bumps and sticking to your course.

Oh, what the heck, I'll say it anyway: Hang in there!

And Rhonda! Who says I don't want my pants to fall off when I meet her???

(insert appropriate emoticon here)

Survived the first Christmas party of the year!

It was nice, because there were really excellent food choices available....turkey, steamed veggies, salad....passed on the garlic mashed potatoes, although they looked and smelled soooo good. Potatoes fill me up too fast!

Had two glasses of wine, but much better than the copious amounts of jack daniels/coke that I had last year! It was wonderful to wake up with a clear head this morning!

The dress was a hit......I did feel a little over-dressed for a harley Christmas party....but dammit, I was going to wear that dress somewhere!!!!!

Planning on putting the tree up today....finishing decorating....maybe even a little shopping!

Have a great Sunday!

Christine - Sorry to hear about your Mother-in-law. I hope your shoulder is feeling better and that things will get a little more back to normal for you.

Harley - I hope you took a picture in that new dress. You need to post it.

I went to a Christmas cookie exchange today and had 2 Cookies. Tonight I am trying to eat a small slice of pizza and it will not go down. UGH!! Not great food choices, I know.

Rhonda- WOW!!! You are a real inspiration!!!! How fantastic!!!!!

Fenton- Glad you're getting internet in your apt to keep in touch!!!!

Hope- congrats on your 50 pound mark!!!

Harley- Good for you wearing your new dress!!! Glad you wore it proudly!!!!

Sugar- My birthday is April 15th too!!!

I'm with the rest of you that I've been busy with the holiday preparations already but I wanted to take a minute to share a NSV for me -- I pack away my holiday sweaters, sweatshirts, etc. from one year to the next and I found a couple 1X things and said well, maybe next year and just for grins said let's try it on and see how tight it is -- it fit! OMG! I'm wearing a 1X red sweater to work today... woo hoo!

Fenton - the visual of pants palling down when meeting a new person :scared2:

Hope - Congrats on the 50# mark :biggrin:

Christina - so sorry about your mother inlaw. Itr is amazing on the differences in the rituals of other religions/cultures.

I survived my holiday party. A few tastes of the Desserts and a few glasses of eggnog, very potent eggnog.. I know I should have passed that up, but once a year so it is a splurge.. :biggrin:

Busy weeknd, shopping, watching my grandson, and housework. The 2 days flew by..

Has anyone had an experience of their clothes falling off???

Embarrassing but true. On Thanksgiving day I was was fixing Breakfast for my Daughter in law and grandkids and I had on my fat panties and a nightgown. As I was cooking I had to keep pulling up my underware well my hands was full as I was carrying something to the table and the underware just dropped to the floor.

We all laughed and my dil took a picture of me holding them will make a great picture for my weight loss scrapbook page.

Sounes like it's time for a trip to Victoria's Secret for some new, pretty panties!

Hi everyone!

Christine - I am sorry for your loss. It sounds like you have a good handle on things. It sure is a lot!

Harley - I thought your dress was beautiful. I bet you looked great! I have a picture of a dress I want to wear on my bedroom door. I look at it daily. Mostly, it is inspiration!

SpecialK - Way cool about the NSV. I love it when stuff like that happens!!!!

Tess - lol, my birthday is April 15th. We are birthday mates!

Well, I went to the party and had a fabulous time. I took a nibble of some rum cake. (holy cow was that stuff potent) and took a tiny bite of carmel apple cake. (yummy!) and drank 1/2 glass of wine. The rest was all good stuff. I felt wonderful. I actually didn't want any more of the cakes or booze! I had a little, enjoyed myself a lot and danced the night away. I can't think of a better way to enjoy the party. Last year, I enjoyed it, but felt so huge and like my skin was too tight. This year was so very much better!!! Another good thing was that the scale didn't go in the wrong direction.

I am a little nervous about the 22nd. It is my official baking day. I bake tons of Cookies and make this stuff called "white trash". The white trash is sooooooo good. Most of the stuff will be out of my house by the next day, so that is good. I just have to maintain my willpower for one day! It is very sad that Cookies can just slide right through the band! But, I anticipate that I will eat only one cookie. I'll allow myself one and then put all the goodie bags in my car. (hopefully, it will be as cold as it is today and no way will I go out there! lol)

Have a great day fellow bandsters!

Edited by hopeinapril