Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

???? My birthday is in January????

OOOPS!!! LOL

It's Hope and me that match birthdates !!!!

I am nervous too about baking this year... I am going to stick to one kind that my family likes, instead of making a bunch of my favorites!!! I have never met a cookie that I didn't like!! (LOL!)

I am even asking Mr. Claus to be health conscious when filling my stocking this year!!!

I have noticed now that I'm over the flu, I really have minimal restriction and can eat anything... not good for me. I really have to be careful, I don't get a fill until 2nd week of January. (YIKES!!)

My family did a cookie exchange (Sunday) for the first time this year. There were 6 of us, so we made 7 dozen. We put one dozen on the table to sample and then each of us ended up with 6 dozen Cookies (1 dozen each) I only ate two, which I think was pretty good. I froze almost 5 dozen for my DH's christmas party at work later in the month. DH, DS, and friend ate a few and I took the rest to work today. They were coconut, DH doesn't like them. Oh, I ate one when I was baking :-)

I do not plan to bake anymore. They will have to get there goodies elsewhere.

I find that I don't eat as much when I'm cooking, for some reason. Focusing on preparing food is sometimes just as satisfying as consuming it.

I now have a refrigerator and a microwave and a blender - the essentials for healthy eating! But I'm homeless for the next two days - the painters rolled up at 9AM and kicked me out for the day, and they're back again tomorrow.

Still no major falls. Still eating two meals a day, small ones. I am having a bit of ice cream (my non-McDonald's free internet fix), and the day before yesterday I had one of my favourite pastries from the best pastry chef in the world. It was not that bad, and it was every bit as good as I remembered it, SO worth it - that was the day I walked well over 6 miles. Actually, come to think of it, I mentioned planning on walking to and from his shop some time back.

One thing, though: whoever recommended the Isopure powdered Protein Drink - had you actually TRIED it? I'm guessing not - I find it just about inedible. I can't choke it down!

But I'm going to have to try harder - I'm worried about my Protein intake.

And that's my update from cold, grey Paris.

Fenton, I mentioned I had bought the Isopure blue raspberry pre-mixed in a bottle and with it chilled I thought it was okay. Hadn't tried Isopure powder.

For all - I did get a packet of Syntrax Matrix 5.0 Cookies & Cream whey Isolate Protein Powder and it is something I liked the sample well enough that I went online and ordered more. It mixes instantly and 1 scoop = 130 calories and 23g Protein. I use 1/2 scoop in my coffee in the a.m. and it is good that way and gives me a Protein start to the day in liquid form. The same company makes a protein mix called Syntrax nectar and I had a sample of strawberry Kiwi that was good so I checked a website and found they have one flavor called Fuzzy Navel - mix of orange/peach for a nice fruity taste - and I mix it with ice in a blender and kind of make a smoothie. Second they have a Syntrax Nectar Cappaccino flavor and I also mix it into my coffee -- you can use lukewarm/cold coffee and ice and also make yourself like a iced cappacino.

Anyway, see if you find somewhere with a sample packet if you'd like to try these as it was a little pricey to buy the smallest size container they had but I am pleased with them as an alternative to chocolate Protein shakes and I didn't find plain vanilla Protein Shakes that good so I was looking for variety.

Supplement Facts for Matrix 5.0 Cookies and Cream

Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 1 level Scoop (35 grams)

Servings per Container: 70

Amount Per Serving

% Daily Value

Protein

23 grams

46%

Trans Fat

0 gr

Sodium

125 Milligrams

5%

Vitamin A

0%

Iron

0%

Cholesterol

55 Milligrams

18%

Phosphorus

10%

Total Fat

2 grams

3%

Calories

Vitamin C

0%

Total Carbohydrates

5 grams

2%

Magnesium

6%

Calcium

10%

Potassium

230 Milligrams

7%

Saturated Fat

1 gr

5%

Sugars

2 grams

Dietary Fiber

0 gram

0%

Calories from Fat

Supplement Facts for Important Amino Acids per 100g of Protein

Amount Per Serving

% Daily Value

Glutamine

8.4 grams

Histidine

2.1 grams

Tryptophan

1.9 grams

Valine

6 grams

Leucine

10.3 grams

Lysine

8.7 grams

Methionine

2.2 grams

Phenylalanine

3.6 grams

Threonine

6.4 grams

Isoleucine

5.8 grams

Arginine

2.5 grams

Directions

Mix one scoop of Matrix 5.0™ per 8 ounces of Water or milk.(I put it in my morning coffee) For those with lower protein needs, one half scoop may be consumed with 4 ounces of Water or milk. Note the extra calories when combined with milk. Consume Matrix 5.0™ two to three times per day to satisfy your protein requirements. Remember, the best times for supplementing protein are immediately upon rising in the morning, after intense physical activity such as weight training and prior to sleep. Matrix 5.0™ mixes instantly with a spoon and tastes great... GUARANTEED!

Here is the per scoop nutrition info for what I gave you in a baggy Saturday. I gave you 2 scoops of each to try.

Supplement Facts - FUZZY Navel flavor whey Protein Isolate

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (~27 g)

Servings per Container: ~ 36

Amount Per Serving

% Daily Value

Calories

Calories from Fat

Total Fat

0 gr

0%

Saturated Fat

0 gr

0%

Cholesterol

0 Milligrams

1%

Sodium

60 Milligrams

2%

Potassium

120 Milligrams

4%

Total Carbohydrates

0 gr

0%

Dietary Fiber

0 gr

0%

Sugars

0 gr

Protein

23 gr

45%

Calcium

15%

Vitamin A

0%

Phosphorus

8%

Vitamin C

0%

Magnesium

6%

Iron

0%

Important Amino Acids Per 100 Grams of Protein

Arginine

2.4 gr

Glutamine

7.4 gr

Histidine

1.7 gr

Isoleucine

6.7 gr

Leucine

11.9 gr

Lysine

9.7 gr

Methionine

2 gr

Phenylalanine

3.3 gr

Threonine

7.2 gr

Tryptophan

2.1 gr

Valine

6.2 gr

Directions

Based on taste preference, mix one scoop of NectarT per 8-16 ounces of water. For those with lower protein needs, one half scoop may be consumed with 4-8 ounces of water. Consume NectarT two to three times per day to satisfy your protein requirements. Remember, the best times for supplementing protein are immediately upon rising in the morning, after intense physical activity such as weight training and prior to sleep. NectarT mixes instantly with a spoon and tastes great!

Supplement Facts - Cappaccucino flavor Whey Protein Isolate

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (~28 g)

Servings per Container: 36

Amount Per Serving

% Daily Value

Calories

Calories from Fat

Total Fat

0 gr

0%

Saturated Fat

0 gr

0%

Cholesterol

0 Milligrams

1%

Sodium

60 Milligrams

2%

Potassium

120 Milligrams

4%

Total Carbohydrates

0 gr

0%

Dietary Fiber

0 gr

0%

Sugars

0 gr

Protein

23 gr

45%

Calcium

15%

Vitamin A

0%

Phosphorus

8%

Vitamin C

0%

Magnesium

6%

Iron

0%

Important Amino Acids Per 100 Grams of Protein

Arginine

2.4 gr

Glutamine

7.4 gr

Histidine

1.7 gr

Isoleucine

6.7 gr

Leucine

11.9 gr

Lysine

9.7 gr

Methionine

2 gr

Phenylalanine

3.3 gr

Threonine

7.2 gr

Tryptophan

2.1 gr

Valine

6.2 gr

Directions

Based on taste preference, mix one scoop of nectar LattesT per 8 ounces of water or milk.(I put it in my coffee) For those with lower protein needs, one half scoop may be consumed with 4 ounces of water. Consume NectarT two to three times per day to satisfy your protein requirements. Remember, the best times for supplementing protein are immediately upon rising in the morning, after intense physical activity such as weigh training and prior to sleep. NectarT mixes instantly with a spoon and tastes great!

Edited by SpecialK
Added the vendor's nutritional info label

Oh, I LOVE (well, not really, but am actually able to swallow) the Isopure pre-mixed drinks! There's a new flavour, a green tea or a lemon tea or something which is just about alright!

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is keeping warm in this winter wonderland!

I am heading out of town this weekend to spend all day Saturday and Sunday making Cookies with my Mom and Sister! I am really looking forward to the quality time we will get to spend (without our children and hubbys at our feet) but I am also a little nervous about bringing home the treats! I hate how the WRONG stuff goes down so easily!

I have really been trying to eat more Protein. I know that there were days the last few weeks that I only had 30gms or so. I know how important it is for our bodies, but it is not what I crave and I really have to chew well to have it go down.

I tried to put some of my Whey Protein in my coffee, but it did not go so well. The powder just floated up to the top, and even after mixing it well, it was very gritty. Maybe I need to try your brand Kathy???

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I must confess I was the one who suggested the Protein powder mix. In my defense I never said it was good.

Jonathan when you were talking about the apartment and not having a blender I just assumed your had a fridge and such. You really were behind the eightball. Glad to hear you're back among the epicurean enabled.

Christine Im very sorry to hear of your MIL's passing and the upheaval of the last few weeks. Im sure you've heard the term you're never given more then you can handle? Well you're one strong lady!!

Rhonda- can you feel the green flames of jealousy shooting from my fingers? Honestly, you're doing a wonderful job of tuning up your lifestyle. It is plainly evident you are doing the hard work it takes to succeed. Congratulations on your accomplishment.

As for baking- That is not happening in my home this year. I will be going over to a friends home on the 21st to make some holiday treats, but I have decided to not bring any home for consumption. Until I have a better fix on mindless/boredom eating I just can't have danger foods around.

I bid you all Holiday Peace!!

Okay... I am starting the day off on the right foot. Back to the basics. I am meeting with my life coach today and I am going to re-focus my energy and get back to the task at hand. I am afraid I will spend the holidays scooting by and not losing, just self indulging. I don't want to be passive, even though it would be easy to use the holidays as an excuse!!!

I've been here before the band, almost looking at being halfway, and feeling half way to nowhere... it's hard to know that the journey is long and ongoing.

I think I am just feeling overwhelmed or something... hopefully my coach can straighten me up this afternoon!!!!!

UGHHHH!:angry_smile:

I tried to put some of my whey Protein in my coffee, but it did not go so well. The powder just floated up to the top, and even after mixing it well, it was very gritty.

That is a common problem with the Protein Powder. The heat curdles the Protein. To mix properly the liquid must be lower then 130º F – do not heat above 130º F.

When I want protein in my coffee I add the powder to a cup add about 1/4 c milk, about 2T of the hot coffee and mix really well with a spoon. Than I pour in the rest of the coffee. Seems to work for me. Anyone else have a trick?

I've been here before the band, almost looking at being halfway, and feeling half way to nowhere... it's hard to know that the journey is long and ongoing.

AMEN sister!!!

Hi Everyone, I know what you mean about the baking. My friend from work invited me to her house this last Saturday to bake with her and her daughter. We made over 7 different kinds of Cookies. She gave me a plate. I was very pleased with myself. I had 2 and my husband ate the rest. Then I gave the plate back already. :) I was so thankful that I did not have buy all of the stuff for baking and then have to stare at all of the "bad" food. :thumbup: But I am glad that I was able to participate in the tradition of holiday baking.