Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

I too have been cold for the first time in my life. At work I have always dressed in layers so that I could strip under my labcoat because I was always HOT. Now I can not get warm. It's really strange.

Christine

Hi everyone. I haven't posted lately but I read everyone's entries daily if I get the chance. I am slowllllllly losing but steady so I am happy about that. I've had 3 fills totalling 2.25 cc in a 4cc band. The DR thought I was close to my sweetspot last filling. You know I have noticed that 2 weeks after I get a fill my band gets tighter and then either gradually loosens after that or I adapt to it. I also noticed that if I am upset or stressed out my band gets tighter and I can hardly eat anything but liquids. I also have started taking an acid reducer before going to bed since my last fill or I wake up with acid coming up my throat and into my mouth. YUCK! Hope everyone is doing well today.

Hi Kathy - sorry to hear about the reflux, I hope your new med works. Funny, I have heard lots of people talk about problem with reflux. The surgeon that did my surgery said if you have problems with reflux this surgery will "cure it". Apparently that is not the case. I am currently free from reflux and I hope it stays that way.

Well, nothing but rain in the forecast, being funneled up to Ohio from hurricane Ike!!!! Just hanging out inside, I did go to the gym this morning and had a good work out. I have to work tomorrow... so I guess I will just lay low today.

Anyone got anything good going on this weekend they would like to share??

Congrats to Special K on passing her test and to Sharon on a new addition to the grandbabies!!! Amanda way to go on your halfway mark!!!!!! Awesome!!!

So far a verey quiet weekend. just hanging around the house and doping some shopping..

I was tinking that my band changes with the weather and stress.. maybe that is why it has been so "fickle"// I will have to ask the DR this week, due for fill #4 on Friday.

Enjoy the weekend everyone, stay dry if in the path of Ike.

I just got back from the boat. Nice day but not alot of wind.

Tomorrow DH and I want to go on a nice bike ride at a local state park.

Im trying to get out in the good weather cause come the winter I won't be out much. I do like to cross country ski but there hasn't been enough snow here the past few years.

Special K did you get back out on your kayak again?

Hi Tess,

I did have reflux on occasion before my surgery and the doctor repaired a hiatal hernia during my surgery and he told me I won't have reflux anymore. I hadn't until my last fill. Some say that means you are too tight but I can eat so I don't think that is the case. I haven't discussed it with the Dr. yet I am waiting until my next appt which is my 6 month check up in October.

Hello everyone. It has been busy but fun here getting the kids in school. It is strange now that my little one is in school the whole day.

For those of you feeling cold and losing hair - it is probably just all the weight coming off. But I did want to mention that it could be a sign of low Iron as well. My Iron is extremely low right now and I am cold all the time - my hair seems to be found more around the house then on my head...

I will be taking my oldest to Boise for an Irish dance competition this coming weekend. It will be nice to fly without worrying if the people walking down the aisle are hoping they don't have to sit by me.

I still feel such a mixed bag with this decision, but regardless, it is nice to feel more comfortable doing active things. I was just at the playground with my 11 year old, her friend, and my 6 year old. I was swinging and got up a few times to chase and run with them. I know I surprised them, but I could tell it really made my 11 year old happy.

Wishin4 - I know only you can know if you are at the right fill level. But I just wanted to say that our fill nurse always says that reflux is a sign that you are too tight. She actually likes to keep herself on the tight side, but will always say that reflux isn't something people with the band should live with. I hope it works through for you.

Amanda - congrats on moving past the halfway point! We will be on our boat tomorrow...

SpecialK - congrats on the test! I used to have to take lots of them for my job. I know it is stressful and I used to live on chips and chocolate to help.

Sharon - happy new grandbaby!

Hopeinapril - congrats on your great milestone too!

WCM

I too am having trouble with reflux when I go to bed at night. I have instituted a new plan of nothing to eat after 7PM. I found I was doing a lot of my eating after 8PM when the kids went to bed because it was easier to chew, chew, chew and swallow without rushing when not eating with the kids. I'll let you know how it goes.

For me I really don't think I am too tight. I know I have been tighter than this and feel fine until I try to lay down to sleep. I will discuss it with the doctor when I go back in October.

Christine

Hopein April----You are doing wonderful!

Amanda----Congrats!!! It does feel SOOOO good passing that half way mark. I just keep saying to myself ---“If I can do half, I can do the other half!”

Christine! You ARE losing hair?! Have you been losing a lot of weight lately?

Hi Kathy!!! It’s great to hear from you! I find the same thing with my band. At first – I thought it was just my imagination that the band seemed much tighter when I was stressed but after several events --- I decided it was really happening. So –now I’m thinking that this may actually be a GOOD thing because ----first of all ----it keeps me from old bad habits -(like eating as a response to stress or eating too fast). My band really is coming between me and a number of bad eating habits.

WCM!!! --- Glad to see you back!

Re: the reflux---Recently I had a nurse who got the band tell me that we should be taking an anti-reflux med for the first year after banding because it helps us swallow easier after surg? Has anyone else heard that? I never heard it before and I don't know if it's true but I think it's worth trying.

I am wondering if many of our friends are just taking a rest after a busy summer. Or perhaps summer vacations (or getting kids back to school) has been a bit of an interruption. Hopefully many of them will return as the weather cools and we all get back into our schedules. But we can all keep the home fires burning until they get back. And –WE are going to keep truckin’ along so we can lose the rest of our weight!!! When the going gets tough ---- the tough gets going! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

Edited by Desdemona

Well it was very hot humid and sticky today in Connecticut....I think I'm looking forward to winter (I know i'll be sorry I said that). Grandbaby gained one lb in a week....so cute....and so soft. Today was our 39th wedding anniversary...can't believe its been that long. I have found that I'm getting hungry again yet I can't really eat a lot. I'm working out and yet my weight is also at a plateau. My next visit is in October but I'm not sure if I'll get a fill. I think we've all done spectacular as we have reached our 6 month mark. I don't care how long it takes as long as I lose it.

Miss Fenton....I guess we lost him for good. I wish him well...

thanks for all the good wishes on our new grandbaby...

sharon:)

I take an acid reducer also. Unfortunely, I had acid reflux before I had lapband surgery. After the surgery, it became worse. I take prevacid daily, in the morning, to help alleviate some of the acid problems.

I don't get to post much, but I do read the entries also. Many of you seem to be doing extremely well. Keep up the good work!!!

WhatI'm finding lateuly that I am tighter sometimes than others...Does anyone else have this? I haven't lost any hair yet. I make sure I get 84 gms Protein a day which I think helps. I also love baby food (stage 3 :smile: and get their meats to eat which helps with Iron intake. I make sure I take my Vitamins daily and the Calcium. I haven't thought to get my Iron checked but it might be a good idea. do find I have periods of exhaustion that are unexplinable. Except for being 58 years old....hahahahaha

sharon:)

I have just started taking the chewable Centrum Vitamins. The hair loss pushed me. I just hate the taste.

My band definatly changes through different times of the month and with stress.

The relfux has improved with my no eating after 7PM rule. So glad, because waking up from acid flowing into my throat and coughing was getting old!

Christine

REFLUX - I had terrible refuls before surgery, but had a rather large hiatal hernia repaired at the tine oif surgery and have no issues with reflux since

Tempermental band - I also find everyday is different with my band, somedays I can eat whatever I want and then other days I may have issues with just drinking Water. I believe the weather and stress play a part in these changes. It wa an extremely stressful weekend for me and I had trouble eating. Also the changes in the barometric pressure probably is an issue

Hi!

Amanda - congrats on the 1/2 way point. What a great milestone!

I haven't had hair loss or reflux. I am very compliant with the Vitamins. My doc added Iron to my regime because I was complaining of being tired. The added Iron has made a difference. I don't have that afternoon drop anymore.

The band is variable. I find that usually in the morning it is tight. The rain always seems to make it tighter.

What I have found interesting is the small amount of food that we actually need. After the Protein, I don't eat a whole lot. It takes the mental adjustment as well. I still find myself in front of the fridge at times and wonder what I am doing there. (I'm not hungry)

Have a great Monday everyone!