Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

I think I have the anatomy part right, but I don't really have restriction experience, so I think Chica's take on it is more useful than mine. Even though her judgement is occasionally thrown by her menstruating all over town.

(FAMILY GUY joke - anyone a fan?)

(Other than me, I mean.)

I guess this is where the expression "paint the town red" comes from???:)

Harley,

Great pictures!!! Looks like a fantastic time. I can't wait... I leave on Thursday to go to the Smoky Mountains!!!! I am planning a few hikes for myself... hell, I might even buy myself a walking stick!!!!:)

Tess

I've never been to the Smokys......definitely on my "someday I will" list!

I'd love to see pictures when you get back.

You got it!!! I think everyone should post their vacation pictures... it really is nice to put a face and family life to these posts!!!

Tess

That looks like a really fun trip, just perfect.

But Harley: I can't believe you have 58 more pounds to lose.

That looks like a really fun trip, just perfect.

But Harley: I can't believe you have 58 more pounds to lose.

Aw, thanks.....I'm at 198 right now.....my "ideal" weight is 140....but I really like curves, so I'm going to play it by ear...and we'll see how it goes!

It was just a perfect trip. I got to fish both the Madison and Buffalo Rivers....the Madison is the river in "A River Runs Through It"....magnificent days. We caught a few nice fishies and set them free!

Hey Harley, if I looked as good as you I wouldn't worry about loseing more weight you look fantastic girl.:)

pat

Hey Harley, if I looked as good as you I wouldn't worry about loseing more weight you look fantastic girl.:)

pat

Thanks, you're too kind!

You gotta know I cherry picked the pictures that I looked the best in!

I still gotta whole lotta "back" goin' on!

Penny

I think the same thing happens to me. When I don't chew well/bite too big I definitely feel something "stuck". It happened with fried rice the one and only time I have tried it since banding. Kind of like a golf ball not going up or down. I just relax, stand up and stretch. I don't try to wash it down for fear of retching. I have had a few times with Water kind of backing up is what I call it. Usually happens with cold Water and when I take a big swallow. Kind of like the water has met a burp and there isn't room for both. When it happens try to stay calm and relaxed.

I don't see this as a problem, more of a reminder to take small bites, chew well and not gulp cold water. But I will be letting my Dr know it is happening next week when I go in for my 3rd fill.

**A side note** some folks get food stuck and don't/can't puke it up. I've heard of drinking a bit of pineapple or papaya juice or taking a papaya tablet to help dissolve the food. Just something to keep in the back of your mind if needed.

Welcome home Harley. It sure looks like you had a really good time.

Harley...welcome back. Looks like a fabulous trip. Not what I was pictureing when you were describing your cabin in the woods. LOL...I was thinking rustic. ooks like a beautiful place and you look amazing!

Christine

Back from vacation and lots to catch up on!

It was a great trip and I really didn't do bad at all!

Had a couple of cocktails two nights....picked at a few things I shouldn't have, but overall, I would rate it a success!

Did a lot of walking and was surprised at how much better I felt than last year! Did a bajillion stairs getting to Mesa Falls and was barely winded.....amazing how dropping some weight will help the lungs!

Lots to catch up on, I'm off to read some posts!

Welcome back Harley thank goodness your back to bring some control to this unruly group!!!:thumbs_up::biggrin: congratulations on a grat vacation, remember we are never "bad" we just make poor choices some times...