Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Hi ladies. I've been on vacation and also working crazy hours but still hanging in here. Been on a 3 month plateau but still trying to work this 1 day at a time. I still have restriction as I proved in the last day by eating just a small amount of chicken breast one day and a small amount of tender beef stew and carrots today so I guess I just need to convince my body to hang in there and let go of the pounds.

Howdy ladies!

Robin, I have heard that the band has pushed some relationships to breaking, but most seem to have had some real issues and the loosing weight just brought it out more? I don't have any personal experience as I am single.

Ugh, the scale is just moseying around these days. I absolutely know I am at fault. I can't seem to stop having one cookie or one small piece of chocolate a night. I am soooo close to being under 200 pounds! Anyway, I am nervous as my annual baking frenzy is this weekend. The good news is that when I am not baking I will not be at my house! I will have all the junk out of my house by Monday, so I believe I will have the willpower to stay away from the stuff.

I have off from Dec 24 to Jan 4th, but I am only doing a few day trips. Anyone have any cool holiday plans?

Hope in April thanks for sharing as I am in the same boat -- love my Christmas baking and things but havent been able to stay out of it. I am going to get it shipped out to family by the weekend and I am promising myself next year not to do the baking unless I mail it the same day!

I am trying really hard to hang in here and not go up but I am also desperately wanting to cross the 200 lb mark and I have about 30 to go. I am going for some counseling here starting next week to see if I can get my head issues lined up to be successful in the new year. It seems I am sabotaging myself and being content where I am even though I easily need to lose 60 lbs more.

Let's keep encouraging each other.

lynn1215 -- I see you were at 234 lbs around your surgery date by your ticker/signature and I am stuck right about that number 234 and can use some help with kicking in gear. What all kinds of things were motivating you at 234 to want to have your lapband. I'm afraid that with the loss from 355 to 235 I am too content at where I am and I need to dig inside my head and find the motivation to keep rolling on.

Some of the big motivation things I had like fitting into a seat, buckling the seat belt in the airplane, not feeling like the biggest person in the room, etc. are gone and I am not having health problems at the 233 number I am at, so I know I should think more about what health issues I am pretending I don't have at 233 lbs -- anything you can share will help me. Thanks.

How much have you lost from the 234 and what is keeping you motivated now?

Kathy

Kathy, I am now around 180. Hoping to lose about 20 more, even though I have had my TT and thigh lift.

Biggest thing to remember is exercixe. I find if I lapse on that I see little change. Try new foods. When I get really stuck I'll do a feww days of liquid, then soft , mushie etc.. just like after surgery,, on a smaller scale.. kind of a jump start.

Also, food journal. it is amazing how many calories there are in those little "innocent" nibbles..

Thanks Lynnt1215 -- yes I am committed to hang in here for the long haul and I have let down recently on exercise and nibbles so I am definitely not blaming my stall on the band as a tool but on myself so sloppy effort. Thanks for answering back. All good ideas.

Tough time of year for all of us. Without the band I know my weight would skyrocket. We are all greatful for our decision to be "banded" and know it is our tool to help us get a better, healthier life. All we can do is our best and remember how much better we feel and how much more we are able to do to enjoy the holiday season with family and friends.

I am surviving on Protein Drinks, mostly right now, since my activity has been curtailed to recovery from cellulitis, and instructions to keep off my leg, but happy to be home..even with cabin fever..with or without the 18" of snow we got here yesterday!!

A HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON to all family and friends and fellow bandsters. Enjoy and be happy

Wow -- 18" of snow! I heard stories on the news of the east coast getting the snow but whoa! Central Ohio just has a tiny bit around, enough to be pretty but not to stop me from getting out and about.

I am promising myself to check in with my support group boards like this and obesityhelp and keep in touch with those who can support me and know what I am going through. Friends and family are just happy I am where I am and that may be part of my complacency is their acceptign me at this weight just like they accepted me at 355 lbs but I know if I lost more, they'd be happy for me too at that.

Hi ladies!

Well, lots of baking yesterday and today. I did ok with not eating much. I tried to use the people around me as taste testers. Right now the thought of eating anything with sugar is sickening! I still have more stuff to do tomorrow. The snow (Lynn and I live only a few miles apart) is good and bad. Because we had so much I shoveled my driveway 5 times! Bad news, I can't get rid of all the baking stuff until Tuesday. But, I figure I will be busy finishing the baking tomorrow and will put the boxes/bags in my car tomorrow night. I should be rid of all that stuff by Wednesday.

The scale was not my friend today, but I think that will also make me mindful of what I put in my mouth.

I document everything I stick in my mouth. It sure keeps me honest! I highly recommend it. I don't make resolutions, but I think exercise has to be my next committment. It is something that I do off and on. I need to be much more regular about that.

Well, I need to sign on a little more regularly and will make that effort. Thanks for being here!

I baked about 50 dozen Cookies between friday and saturday. I sold a few cookie trays and gave some away. Have plenty for famly for christmas day.

yesterday I was busy in the kitchen for about 15 hours I ate 5 Cookies and woke up this morning 2 pounds lighter. I think I want more of them cookies. Actually I think just being so busy burnt off any calories I ate. To say the least I was pleasantly suprised.

My weight is staying between 136 and 140 most days. I was back up to almost 150 right after Thanksgiving. I sort of flip out when it hits 140. I feel I am at a perfect restiction if I just leave the junk food alone.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

I have started to see Lapband commercials on TV -- they are starting to gear up to snag people who are committing to lose weight in the new year. Seems funny because I never saw commercials about it before I investigated the surgery more than 2 years ago now. In December 2007 I was still jumping through all the qualifying hoops my insurance (Aetna) had me doing. Time has flown by since then.

For those of you with tons of snow, take it easy - we don't want you hurting your back or overdoing it on your heart and things with that snow! Ohio had a 24 inch snowfall last year and I just kept working on 8 inch then the next 8 and then the next 8 inches and I thought it would never end but I did get through it.

I am sure it looks beautiful!

I am scared of cookies! Thank GOD that they are all boxed up or hidden from me! I'm scared of the scale as well. But, hopefully, it will keep my mouth shut. I am debating on making my last batch of Christmas goodies tomorrow. I have all the necessary ingredients, but I don't want to eat any. I think I will make it as late as possible tomorrow night, bag the stuff up and then get rid of it!

The snow shoveling wasn't as bad as it sounds. I would have hated to shovel 20 inches at one time. So, shoveling 3-4 inches the five times I did didn't seem that bad.

Anyway, hope you are all doing great at keeping the goodies out of your mouths! B)

I had a good session today with my psych counselor I connected with about the time I was doing my clearance for surgery. I hadn't seen her in quite a while and it was a good session. I showed her my scrapbook of my weight loss up to now and was so proud of that. Also explained how my job has been eating me alive in the past months and that is triggering me to eat to soothe things over. I think she is going to be able to help me get back on track. She gave me the advice to seek to get reassigned to a different project due to the problems that have been involved on this one with a particular man who has been really emotionally abusive - just mean. So, now I need to talk with my boss and see what the options are to get put on a different project. At least I had a good cry and got out my frustrations with someone who could listen objectively and not just a family member or close friend who loves me. My Mom is a little afraid 9as I am too0 about how it will look to be asked to be removed off this project but it may be the very thing that is needed for all concerned to show just bad the situation has gotten to be. Hoping to get my sanity back one day at a time on this.

The Holiday's are nearing. I am so impressed that you guys are so good about baking and sending it out without doing too much damage to your own diets. Remember what it was like in the kitchen around the holiday's 2 years ago?

My band is still giving me the same issues I have been having since about 15 months ago. I think I'm going to have to have it removed, I just can't let go of it yet. I am going to look into the VSG at the time of removal.

Have a great holiday and keep up the fantastic work!

Christine

This is my cry for help. I was banded 3/17/08 - I lost 80 lbs and was doing great. Somehow I got off track and I've gained back 25lbs. I don't know where to go, who to turn to and I feel like a complete failure. I had been following this thread for a long time, just enjoying what everyone was sharing, but never contributed and haven't read a lick since March of this year. If there is anyone out there who feels like they have a good pep talk up their sleeve, I could really use it now more than ever...B)