Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Wow Potatie 130 is really low. I am right at a bmi of 25 now and my doc is thrilled. He was happy when I had a bmi of around 30. Best of luck with your surgery.

Hi Potatie....

I actually am Ok with my loss so far. I had a lot of issues and was unfilled for over 6 months. In those 6 months I gained a total of 16 pounds back....that is really good in my opinion.

I am happy to be back on the losing side of things again and hope to keep doing what I need to get where I want to be. Even if I cannot get to 175 pounds....which is my realistic goal, I am happy to no longer have high blood pressure and normal blood sugars.

Christine

went to my LB surgeon yesterday, had a slight fill maybe .25cc. feel good today, just being careful and not pushing it. I have about 20-25 # I want to lose, but am content where I am and extremely satisfied with my TT..

just moving forward in life

Hi Scrappy, The 130 is what doctors say would put me at 22 BMI. That to me is a little scary. Thank you for the well wishes.

Hi Christine. I would also be thrilled to have only gained 16 lbs being completly unfilled. Congrats go out to you!!! Sometimes it is the NSV that are more important than what the scale says. :thumbdown:

It is still weird getting used to the new me. I am still having some head issues with the new body size. At times I do not want to believe that this is me and that I am not in a dream. :cursing:

Hey strangers, rarely posting, always lurking, and still so proud of all of you!

Potatie, I can so FEEL you on this. Right now my head is a mess, an absolute mess I tell you! For the first time in my life, I feel like I am being seen, you know? I am a Recruiter, and I work in a plant that produces nutritional product (PediaSure, Ensure, EAS, Similac, Isomil, Alimentum, and the like). So, suffice it to say, I work around 85% men. And they are big time noticing the changes. I get compliments, people who have not talked to me in 2 years go out of their way to say good morning. A few female friends that work in other locations of the same company have heard about the 'HR girl who is totally hot'. They claim that they are referring to me, but I can't yet accept that. There are also at least two guys who have an obvious crush on me. Ok, it feels funny to even say that, crush on me? No way, exactly what parallel universe would we be in if that actually happened?

The attention is hard to deal with, mind-bending really, but moving on with an actual relationship has been even harder. There is a guy that works where I work, that I have been crushing on for well over a year, hard! Trust me when I say that the man is hotter than the surface of the sun, lol! One day, I must have been smelling myself something fierce (well, I DID look cute that day!), and after flirting for months, I gave him my number. Yeah, you heard me, I put it out there, yay me! Huge step considering I have the self confidence of a pre-pubescent teenager. Well, he called, go figure! We are dating, nothing serious, just having an amazing time, lots of fun. But I am in my head so much of the time that I can't even enjoy it. Every time he doesn't call or text when I think he should, I am convinced that he has opened his eyes and wondered wtf he was thinking, I mean sheesh, this girl used to weigh almost 360 pounds!

And ummmm, female sidebar, I am PETRIFIED of how he feels about the skin. We, well, have obviously went there, and he came back for seconds, and thirds, and thirteenths, sooo.....lol. But I keep thinking that one day he will touch the wrong thing and go 'ewwww, wtf, am I sleeping with a shar-pei?'. It keeps me from fully enjoying the entire experience, and I am so pissed about it! I know, intellectually, that it is in my head, but dam it, my rather ample flap-tastic gut refuses to listen to logic!

I am sorry for the amazingly long post, but no one in this world could understand like you ladies can, and I just needed to vent to people that can feel what I am going through. My friends keep saying 'He is there, so duh!', but it is so much bigger than that for me. This man, literally, was my Mt. Everest, and I don't know how to accept the fact that I, Ms. Super-Obese, have reached the peak. If any of you are dating, how in the hell do you do it and remain sane???

Edited by BrandNewLisa

Wow, I am envious of the -170 lbs but I am sure you have worked hard for every pound. Congratulations.

I saw my surgeon this week and he put back in .25cc to take me back to 10cc in a 14cc band after having taken .5 cc out 6 weeks ago. Resolved the reflux but definitely left me with less restriction.

He asked a good question: ARE YOU EATING UNTIL YOU ARE FULL OR ARE YOU EATING A MEASURED PORTION?

I had to say I was eating until full and he told me not to do that - to go to measured portions and try to stay with 3 meals a day, 2 Snacks in the day and try not to snack after my dinner meal. Will try this and see if it gets me kicked into gear.

He also gave me a mental kick in the butt by explaining to the resident that was in the exam room helping with my fill that I was half way to where I needed to be, what my pre-op weight was, what a normal BMI weight for me is and how much I had to go -- 100 lbs to go not the 60 lbs I have been keeping on my Ticker. Oh boy... now I need to commit even harder to lose more steady.

No Halloween candy for this house!

BrandNewLisa -- We are happy for you. I am like you that I keep wondering will I ever get brave enough to get out there on the dating frontier again let alone believe someone really appreciates me. Keep posting on this topic. I need to hear how you are overcoming and getting through this.

The Mt. Carmel October support group topic was on post weight loss body image! Timely subject.

Kathy

Hey strangers, rarely posting, always lurking, and still so proud of all of you!

Potatie, I can so FEEL you on this. Right now my head is a mess, an absolute mess I tell you! For the first time in my life, I feel like I am being seen, you know? I am a Recruiter, and I work in a plant that produces nutritional product (PediaSure, Ensure, EAS, Similac, Isomil, Alimentum, and the like). So, suffice it to say, I work around 85% men. And they are big time noticing the changes. I get compliments, people who have not talked to me in 2 years go out of their way to say good morning. A few female friends that work in other locations of the same company have heard about the 'HR girl who is totally hot'. They claim that they are referring to me, but I can't yet accept that. There are also at least two guys who have an obvious crush on me. Ok, it feels funny to even say that, crush on me? No way, exactly what parallel universe would we be in if that actually happened?

The attention is hard to deal with, mind-bending really, but moving on with an actual relationship has been even harder. There is a guy that works where I work, that I have been crushing on for well over a year, hard! Trust me when I say that the man is hotter than the surface of the sun, lol! One day, I must have been smelling myself something fierce (well, I DID look cute that day!), and after flirting for months, I gave him my number. Yeah, you heard me, I put it out there, yay me! Huge step considering I have the self confidence of a pre-pubescent teenager. Well, he called, go figure! We are dating, nothing serious, just having an amazing time, lots of fun. But I am in my head so much of the time that I can't even enjoy it. Every time he doesn't call or text when I think he should, I am convinced that he has opened his eyes and wondered wtf he was thinking, I mean sheesh, this girl used to weigh almost 360 pounds!

And ummmm, female sidebar, I am PETRIFIED of how he feels about the skin. We, well, have obviously went there, and he came back for seconds, and thirds, and thirteenths, sooo.....lol. But I keep thinking that one day he will touch the wrong thing and go 'ewwww, wtf, am I sleeping with a shar-pei?'. It keeps me from fully enjoying the entire experience, and I am so pissed about it! I know, intellectually, that it is in my head, but dam it, my rather ample flap-tastic gut refuses to listen to logic!

I am sorry for the amazingly long post, but no one in this world could understand like you ladies can, and I just needed to vent to people that can feel what I am going through. My friends keep saying 'He is there, so duh!', but it is so much bigger than that for me. This man, literally, was my Mt. Everest, and I don't know how to accept the fact that I, Ms. Super-Obese, have reached the peak. If any of you are dating, how in the hell do you do it and remain sane???

Brand New Lisa....I am married, so not going through the dating scene. I have not lost any significant weight since last winter, so I won't be much help on the topic.

I wish you well and hope that you find yourself able to enjoy your new body. If you have already gone there and he keeps coming back for more, he's enjoying it, so you should too.

I am planning on a Tummy Tuck and breast reduction/lift when I lose another 40 pounds. I don't like the way I look naked or in a bathing suit and I deserve to do this for myself.

Please keep us posted on how things are progressing.

Christine

Special K....Ihope that 0.25 is what you need to give you more restriction.

Chrisitne

think I once again need more restriction. just had .25 in last week, but still eating more than I know I should.

go back on 12/4.. hope I can hold out until then

Hi Special K, Thank you for the kind words. I did work hard, just like everyone else on our page. :unsure: congrats on resolving the reflux. I just got mine under control finally I am able to sleep through the night. :seeya:

Hi Brandnewlisa, I hear you about the HR girl thing. I am in HR as well. I have old pictures posted from last year and people are always asking me who that person in the picture was. They can not believe that it was me even from a year ago. I wonder what they will say after I have surgery? He He ha ha

Howdy fellow banders!

BNL - Congrats on getting to the top of the mountain. Time to set another goal! I'm single, but haven't been dating. Mostly, trying to work on myself at the moment.

I have to admit that more people are noticing. Men are opening doors for me. (I didn't realize they did that anymore!) I now have friends with jealousy issues. I had one friend tell me that "people are going to be surprised when they see you at the Christmas party." I go to a industry holiday party every year. Last year I wore almost the same outfit I had worn the year before, despite the fact I had lost almost 45 pounds. I really can't wear that outfit now, so I must go shopping. I am finding that I like being seen. But, I have to admit being invisible was good at times...

I am finding that I like being seen. But, I have to admit being invisible was good at times...

Thanks guys for the comments. I am still soldiering on, trying to not think about all the flab beneath the clothes. In clothes, I look hot. Naked, not so much, lol! Hope, I agree with you, to a point. Invisible is easy, no work. But I have found that I rather like being noticed, being seen. I feed on it actually, it gives my spirit sustinance. I pay attention to my hair, make-up, clothes, to how I am perceived every single minute of every single day. It has been ages since I even CARED how others saw me, prolly because no one actually did, and I am honestly grateful for that. I think about ME all the time, right now, me is what it is all about. For so much of my life it has been about everyone and everything else, I like it being about me for once. Yay me! And yay us! Damn, I can't wait until I get some PS poppin off, I will really be trouble, lol!

:P

I think the massaging of the scars/incisions is to break down the "hard" tissue,,

I am just getting in some walking. with the circumference and muscles.. too much discomfort to do much excessive. I did go bowling the other night and felt pretty good.

lHEllo everyone, so good to see that you are all doing well. I'm still struggling with an 8 lb weight loss in 5 months...just not doing the right things any more....I need help o get back on track and just don't know what to do...I haven't had a fill since May but I have 7 cc in a 10 cc band so how far do ya pus it!! Its been 16 months and only down 78 lbs...have 30 more to go....I want to get my eyelids done as they are drooping soooo bag..and I havehuge bags unde my eyes. I hate looking in the mirror..I know I should be happy but I'm not, I still feel fat fat fat....Please HELP!!!!:crying::thumbup::blush:

((((Sharon)))) As I got out of the shower this morning I was thinking the exact same thing you said in your post....I still feel fat, fat, fat.

What will it take to get us back on track? I really wish simply wanting to do it was enough. I think you should go see your doc and maybe get a small fill. Maybe just 0.2cc will put you on the losing side of things again.

For me I just don't know what I'm going to do. Even with my band totally unfilled I could not eat meat and hard cooked veggies (carrots, broccoli etc). After all the testing they decided it was delayed gastric emptying. After 6 months of being unfilled and gaining back 16 pounds, now I am getting fills again...I have been labeled "band intolerant".

I get a lot of pain about 1 hour after eating any food that will stick around in my stomach. So I am sticking with liquids and mushie foods (and not making the best choices...ice-cream, high calorie liquids). It's not as bad as before my un-fill, but can see it moving that direction.

So, I'm still not losing weight because I am making bad choices.....what I wouldn't give to know that I could eat a salad or a piece of chicken without being in pain for 3-4 hours after I eat. I feel like a failure. I spent so much money on this tool that I cannot use properly without being in a lot of pain.

And I am still fat....only down 53 pounds since the surgery, the other weight was the pre-surgery diet. But I am so grateful for the normal blood pressure and blood sugar (no more pills!) I could not have done it on my own....wish I could lose another 40 pounds!

So today I will do better. Today I will not chose ice-cream. Today I will start to lose more weight.

Christine