Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Sharona,

I have heartburn frequently and was just wondering if you have acid reflux. I have had acid reflux about 5 years and now after the surgery it seems worse.

Sharona,

I have heartburn frequently and was just wondering if you have acid reflux. I have had acid reflux about 5 years and now after the surgery it seems worse.

prior to surgery I occssionally had heartburn but it wasn't anything that was chronic, I did have a small hernia that was repaired at surgery. NO heartburn since surgery until now. I think I irritated my esophagus with it being tight and waited 4 days until I got an unfill. I'm going to try to go on just fluids for a few days and see how that works out. Gosh I have a whole new respect for GERD patients....been taking pepcid with some resolve...

Carrie and Terri -- WOW you both look great. Thanks for sharing the photos.

SharonA -- to post pictures you have to use the POST REPLY button to create a new reply instead of doing a Quick Reply and then there is a paperclip icon to let you attach .jpg files. The Post Reply is at the Bottom Left of the last thread reply you can see.

prior to surgery I occssionally had heartburn but it wasn't anything that was chronic, I did have a small hernia that was repaired at surgery. NO heartburn since surgery until now. I think I irritated my esophagus with it being tight and waited 4 days until I got an unfill. I'm going to try to go on just fluids for a few days and see how that works out. Gosh I have a whole new respect for GERD patients....been taking pepcid with some resolve...

I had severe GERD prior to surgery. Hads a rather large hernia repaired at the time of surgery. I have not taken a Nexium since surgery. Occassionally I have a few reflux issues, but know the trigger.

Hope the few days of liquid help you

Thanks for the compliments, I'm happy with where I'm at currently, but look forward to getting the rest of the weight off.

Carrie you've done an amazing job yourself, keep up the good work, you look great!!

Hey all. Congrats on all of your hard work and success through out the past year! Love the pics!! Everyone looks amazing:) What a difference a year makes..

Soooo... I got back from an amazing vacation in Daytona a few weeks ago. Boy, I wish I never came home! It's freezing here, I demand spring!! It was 25 freaking degrees out today.. There's still 3 feet of snow on the ground. I just want to get out and move around in the sun!

I gained 1lb while on vaca.. After a week and a half diet of pizza toppings, corn dogs, long island iced teas and white russians, I guess I was shocked to see only a 1lb increase?? I did work my butt off a few times in the gym, and did loads of walking every day, so I guess it helped me maintain? I did not expect to go so hog wild.. Ughh, I couldn't hold myself back. I'm glad it was only a pound increase, but it proves to me how much I need to work on my compulsive eating habits.. I have an appointment with the nutritionist tomorrow. I hope it helps me get back on track. I've really been struggling with what to eat for a while now. I can only eat something so many times and I'm over it from taste, to smell, to texture. It makes me nauseous to think about chicken, fish, and hamburg at this point. Once I can get a few more options/ ideas I know it will make meals and food choices so much easier for me.

Unfortunately, I had my bandiversary 4 days ago and decided to wallow in self pity rather that Celebrate the 50+lbs I've lost... I'm more than half way there and I'm determined to turn this around so that next year I can Celebrate at goal:) I can do this, I know I can, I just need to figure myself out and get the show on the road!

So anyhoo, enough of my "Dear Diary" post lol.. I just wanted to pop in, vent, make myself accountable, and last but not least, wish everyone a happy one year bandiversary:) Congrats again on all of the accomplishments! You guys rock!!!!

Edited by k_podski

Wow Teri--- you look great!! Way to go!!

I promised some before and current pics as well; let me see if I can make this work.

There... I think I did it.

Ignore the date on the picture where I'm standing with black pants. That was taken last year at this time.

The one in blue was taken two years ago.

the two photos where I'm wearing a black shirt is yesterday.

I'm very proud of how far I've come, and am on the fast track to collar bones. :rolleyes2:

Congrats to all of us!!

i want to know where you took the pictures with all the blue bonnets. My wife would love that. I actually have the yellow rose of texas on my chest w/ my wifes name onit.

Andrew -

we went out I-10 and took a right on 71 headed towards Austin. Bluebonnets start almost immediately and continue on for about an hour to an hour and a half's drive. We took pictures in several places, but the ones on the hill were best. It's near an overpass, and it's the only overpass I can remember between Schulemberg (sp) and Austin on Hwy 71. The flowers are on both sides of the freeway, once you see it, you won't mistake it.

We had such a great time. We go every year. We've made this trip a tradition and I hope that it will continue so that we can watch our kids get bigger - and me get smaller - tee hee

Andrew -

we went out I-10 and took a right on 71 headed towards Austin. Bluebonnets start almost immediately and continue on for about an hour to an hour and a half's drive. We took pictures in several places, but the ones on the hill were best. It's near an overpass, and it's the only overpass I can remember between Schulemberg (sp) and Austin on Hwy 71. The flowers are on both sides of the freeway, once you see it, you won't mistake it.

We had such a great time. We go every year. We've made this trip a tradition and I hope that it will continue so that we can watch our kids get bigger - and me get smaller - tee hee

appreciate it, I'll have to make that trip. Beleive it or not i've been in texas for about 8 or 9 years and have never been to austin.

Hi Shamrocks!

Sharona - I LOVE my wii and wii fit. What I never heard from anyone is that the game will "unlock" more games the more you play it. The hula hoop is fun. The step classes are short and cute. The balance games are fun. Even the yoga isn't too bad. The more you do, the more you unlock and more variety. I just got my wii last Friday and I have played most days. Beware though, you will actually get a work out. I have been sore most days since I got mine!

Thin2bme - You look great!!!

Sharona - I am so sorry the doc took out 2cc. Ugh... You would think he would only take out what he just added to resolve your problem.

My problem of pressure in the chest and gurgling came to an immediate stop after the doctor took out the 1/2 cc. Apparently I only need about 5cc in my 14 cc band. I have lost 114 pounds with about 30 or so to go. (30 pounds lost before surgery) I can do this by eating the right portion, right food choices, and exercising.

Today was my 1 year anniversary!!! I am really happy with what I have accomplished. I know it has been slow progress the last few months, but winter is hopefully gone and spring weather has recharged me to get out and exercise. Sunday my DH and DS and I took a big hike in the woods behind our home. I have never been down there before. It was beautiful. The walk back up the hill was long and steep, but I made it. I never stopped. I would have never been able to do that last year.

Take advantage of the beautiful spring days and go out and get some fresh air. Have a good one.

Hey Shamrocks!

Today is my one year band anniversary. It's hard to believe it was that long ago. I've had my ups and downs but am truly thrilled I had the surgery.

Sugar - I love your post. It shows how far you have come. Congrats on the one year. I giggled when I realized that you had lost twice what I have and felt that your weight loss slowed down. I guess we all have different speeds of loosing. Good luck with your continued success.

well.....I did it!

I bought my first two piece swimming suit......

it's 'not bad'.....I won't be stopping traffic.....for good OR for bad...but it's not heinous....and that's okay with me!

well.....I did it!

I bought my first two piece swimming suit......

it's 'not bad'.....I won't be stopping traffic.....for good OR for bad...but it's not heinous....and that's okay with me!

wow, a 2 piece bathing suit. can't see that in my future, but WTG..:thumbup:

maybe a tankini.. to cover the rolls in my tummy....no matter what I will ook a heck of alot better in whatever I wear at the pool or beach this Summer.

I feel much better but feel like the dam has been opened!!! I can eat so much I can't really believe it!!! It took months to get to a restrictive point...I have an appt on Tuesday for a fill so I'm expecting a 1 cc fill then I'll go back in a week or two for another cc and keep it there....

Thanks for all the support. I got the wii game and I'm trying it out tomorrow when I can concentrate how to get the flippin thing working with the television...I'm afraid to get on the scale....

sharon;)

hey where's FEnton????