Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

One year check up with my doctor was yesterday. She is pleased with my progress. I am just having issues with making the right choices in what I eat. I have great restriction, no need for another fill at this time. I just need to get my head back into the game..

Hello, this is my first time on this site and not really sure how everything works, yet. I was banded on March 11 by Dr. Metz. Surgery went smoothly and I'm currently in Phase 1 of post-op eating. (liquids/baby food texture only). I'm VERY tired of drinking my food but only 4 more days to go until phase 2. Great idea to have all March banders in one spot. THANK YOU.

Hi Shamrocks:

Andrew - good to know that the vettes are priced reasonably. There is a '68 vette out there that is a convertible, but also has a hard top. That is my pick of a vette. I may peruse e-bay just for fun.

outsidekid - congrats on a great choice. By all means come in and chat with us. We have plenty of experience under our belt. I couldn't wait to get off liquids myself. (Be sure to check out the March 2009 bandsters as well.)

I am a little bummed that I actually gained a pound this week, but I know I made good choices....just the pleasure of being a woman will knock the scale up a pound! But, good times are coming! I bought my wii yesterday and put it together. I love it! I had taken yoga classes before, but they were relaxing and easy going. Holding the poses is NOT easy! I spent a good 1 1/2 hours playing with the thing. (not all exercise, but you can't sit down and play this thing) FYI, Toys R Us has the wii fit in stock.

Hopefully, I'll drop a good number for next week's weigh in.

Good for you finding something you enjoy doing!! That will really help keep you motivated.

Well, I just got back from an emergency hosptial visit. My 1/2 cc. fill Friday left me too tight. It hurt my chest when I drank and I was gurgling like crazy. I barely drank 2 cups today -- agonizing cups.

My doctor is over 2 hours away. The doctor on call suggested that I go to a closer hospital (about 1 hour away) It was wierd talking to a different doctor, but he was wonderful.

The doc took out 1/2 cc and poof. It is like magic the pain, pressure, and gurgling instantly stopped.

I am banning fills for awhile. This is my second unfill. December and March. I'll just have to step up the exercise and make better food choices.

Have a good one Ladies and Gents.

Hi Shamrocks:

Andrew - good to know that the vettes are priced reasonably. There is a '68 vette out there that is a convertible, but also has a hard top. That is my pick of a vette. I may peruse e-bay just for fun.

outsidekid - congrats on a great choice. By all means come in and chat with us. We have plenty of experience under our belt. I couldn't wait to get off liquids myself. (Be sure to check out the March 2009 bandsters as well.)

I am a little bummed that I actually gained a pound this week, but I know I made good choices....just the pleasure of being a woman will knock the scale up a pound! But, good times are coming! I bought my wii yesterday and put it together. I love it! I had taken yoga classes before, but they were relaxing and easy going. Holding the poses is NOT easy! I spent a good 1 1/2 hours playing with the thing. (not all exercise, but you can't sit down and play this thing) FYI, Toys R Us has the wii fit in stock.

my 68 has a vinal hard top but has probably never even seen the light of day. I don't even attempt to bring it outside if the weather is not perfect.

I think the stories on here of what it feels like to be at 1 Year Out are so helpful -- more so than any surgeon could have explained pre-op that we would lose slower, and that it could take 2-3 years even to reach full weight loss. That reality that Year 1 (March 2008-Feb 2009) was our "Lightening speed round" and that Year 2 (March 2009-Feb 2010) are the marathon half-way point for me and maybe Year 3 (March 2010-February 2011) will be my marathon 'wall' (like the 24 mile marker in a marathon) where I am at 90% of my goal and not sure I'll cross the finish line but even so, I am determined to keep putting one foot in front of the other, slow down and walk if I need to, (slow losing periods), and even stop and take a breath (plateau on weight loss) if that is what it takes to get through a 3 year plan for me.

I am going to ask my surgeon for a small fill tomorrow, maybe as little as .25 cc to see if that adjustment will help me retain my food in my pouch longer. Its not so much the quantity I can eat at one sitting, but its how long it stays with me and how much time before I'm hungry and looking for something else to eat.

Last, this end of Year 1 point, has made it that much more for me to have empathy for those who went the RNY route, lost tremendous weight in the first year, and then slowly figured out how they too could keep on eating a little bit more, and more, and then realized they didn't have restriction any longer or figured out they could eat sweets and that knowledge sabotaged them finishing their journey too. I am that much more committed to the idea of the Adjustability of the lapband, that if I keep going for follow ups, I will get there. For my RNY friends who I've known now for a year from monthly hospital support group meetings, are now hitting their slow loss period and its disconcerting to them too except they just have to go it as is from the perspective that there isn't anything the surgeon can do now for them except tell them "stay committed to small portions."

Edited by SpecialK

Hi everyone, I wanted to share my Before and Current pictures with all my Shrinking Shamrock buddies after losing 107 pounds in the last year. I still want to lose another 30 to 40 pounds but I know I will get there, hopefully by year's end. Hope my pictures come through.

BEFORE - Taken 2/25/08

post-228084-13813138256536_thumb.jpg

Teri_3_16_09.bmp

OK trying again, not sure if you're able to see the 2nd picture. Hopefully, it will work this time around.

post-228084-13813138256919_thumb.jpg

post-228084-1381313825773_thumb.jpg

You look fantastic, Teri!!

WTG!

I didn't get pictures taken this weekend after all.......maybe sometime this week!

Amazing Teri, you look fabulous! I have plenty of before pictures, unfortunately. I am totally going to take some new during pictures soon, so that I can share.

Wow Teri--- you look great!! Way to go!!

I promised some before and current pics as well; let me see if I can make this work.

There... I think I did it.

Ignore the date on the picture where I'm standing with black pants. That was taken last year at this time.

The one in blue was taken two years ago.

the two photos where I'm wearing a black shirt is yesterday.

I'm very proud of how far I've come, and am on the fast track to collar bones. :crying:

Congrats to all of us!!

post-220904-13813138258414_thumb.jpg

post-220904-13813138258751_thumb.jpg

post-220904-13813138259051_thumb.jpg

post-220904-13813138259326_thumb.jpg

Edited by lafsalot

setback:

Well I had a fill on the 12th then went for a Upper GI series to check things out as it is their policy after a year The series was on that Monday. I ended up with incredible heartburn after and without the ability to drink or eat. Drinking an 8 oz glass of Water took two hours. Saturday went in for an unfill and he took out 2ccs...I had 7.5 cc...now I'm backtracking :(....feel a ittle better but having pain when I eat...gosh I've gone a whole year without a single complication. I don't have any idea and neither does the physician as to why the GI series would trigger this...I still have heartburn but not as much...hopefully this will resolve itself..

:frown:

Carrie and Teri you look fabulous. I don't know how to load pictures on line how did you do this??? I tried but couldn't find how it worked...

Hoping for good weather this week and trying to get back to the gym...

By the way I found a Wii game online and it should be here tomorrow with the wii fit...can't wait to try it...are all you still enjoying yours??? any suggestions?? Sugarbean I just read your post, I hear you!! I just went through the same, I wish he only took out what he put in, instead he took out 2cc's.... :frown: don't know when to go back but I'm still having some pain...any advice?? This is the first time its happened to me..