Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!!!! Enjoy and be safe!!!!

I have no access to LBT from my home computer, dial up access.. extremely slow and does not connect to several sites.. UGH :thumbup:

Happy Holidays to all!

We are getting so much winter weather in the Seattle area. It is unusual to get so much snow and then to have it stay around for so long. We are all stir crazy. My husbands office is even shut down. I did manage to get out a bit yesterday so we can at least serve dinner to our guests on Christmas. Although the kids kept making sure I was driving carefully enough the whole time.

I grew up on the East Coast where you got 20 inches of snow overnight and still went to work the next day. But it is very different here with less infrastructure to take care of things and icy conditions. And very easy to want to fill all this time at home with eating!

But it will be fun to have a white Christmas - and maybe I will even be in a picture or 2 this year...

Merry Christmas To Everyone!!!!

I'm off for the next couple of days, and looking forward to spending them with my family!!!! Christmas is at my house this year. Then before we know it.... we will be ringing in the new year!!!!!

All of us have so much to look ahead to on our journey to a healthier life!!!!

Merry Christmas to all my March band buddies!!!

I started my weight loss journey December 2007 (doctors consult). What a year!!! Take a few minutes during this Christmas season to reflect on all the positive changes in your life that you have made in just a year. WOW!!!

Merry Christmas to everyone!! I've been reading but just not been posting lately, but even with the holidays the past month, I've managed to lose 6 pounds. I thought I'd jump on the weekly weigh-in thing you guys put together. I usually weigh in on Monday but will start weighing in on Fridays starting this week. For now, I'll post my weight from Monday :thumbup: I'm hoping this will help keep me accountable.

I had my last fill (# 5) about 5 weeks ago and I'm starting to get hungry a lot and think I'm eating more than I should be, so I'm contemplating setting up an appt for fill #6.

We are having our family celebration this afternoon and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

Happy Holidays everybody!!

Here's my starting weight for the log. :sad:

NAME *******START WEIGHT *******CURRENT WEIGHT *******GOAL *******LBS. Lost

aJoneen............212............212............XXX............0

Fenton.............XXX............XXX............XXX............0

HarleyGirl.........XXX............XXX............XXX............0

Hopeinapril .......236............241............XXX............0

Hungry4help........XXX............XXX............XXX............0

Lynn1215...........174.5..........174.5..........XXX............0

NurseNiki..........229.8..........229.8..........190............0

Nycm00.............220............219............XXX...........-1

Potatie............229............229.....................

scrappy_friend.....170............170............150............0

SpecialK...........274............274............165............0

Sugarbean..........200............200............XXX............0

Tess415............294............294............289............0

WestCoastMom.......155............153.5..........140..........1.5

Thin2bme..................191.2 . . . . . . . . XXX . . . . . . . . . 160 . . . . . .

Sharona...................244...................192..................140......................

Sorry your going through this around the Holidays. It really sounds like you could use some stress management to help you out. 3 kids....yikes thats enough to drive anyone to eat. Try to enjoy the holidays and be sure to follow up with MD...you definitely don't have a normal reaction going on. I think we tolerate a lot thinking that we will lose the weight if we do. Treat yourself well. I'm only getting now what my mother said to me for years "if you don't take care of yourself you can't take care of anyone else"...Happy Holidays to everyone. I'm glad it will be a new year

sharon:)

Merry Christmas Eve!!!:

NSV - At yesterday's family gathering I saw someone I had not seen since last xmas. She didn't even recognize me. We had a good laugh after she realized who I was. It was nice to "shock" someone that much. :tongue2:

Hope everyone had a great day. The food was a plenty, and I tried to be careful!! as much as possible. Lots of salad and cheese for me..and a few glasses of wine!!

scrappy_friend.....170............172............150...........+2

Sugarbean..........200............200............XXX............0

Thin2bme..................191.2 . . . . . . . . XXX . . . . . . . . . 160 . . . . . .

not a good time to weigh in after christmas

Sugarbean..........200............199............150...........-1

I'll take -1 after all this Christmas partying. I still am 2 up from my ticker weight.

Tess415............294............295............289............+1

Up a pound this week..not too bad I guess.

I think a little bump-up is hardly the end of the world, this week of all weeks...

Well, I'm back in the US as of 12/25, but I'm not going to be weighing myself until next Friday. Yeah, Amanda, I said it!

IN OTHER NEWS: Yesterday I met my online friend for the first time in real life, and it went very well. She's cancelled her hotel and has moved in with me for the week. And she is very, very great...

LOL Fenton..."very, very great...." LOL. I am so glad for you!

My stomach is back to "normal" I have gone from being able to eat 3 bites a day to feeling hungry and eating 2 half cup meals a day. Conincidence that DH has left the country and the Holidays are over?

Cutting the dairy out of my diet has done little to nothing. Something one of you guys posted about there being some kind of irritation in my upper stomach where the food is kept until the pouch emties is really sounding like that might be it.

The looser the band (lessening stress in this case not a fill or unfill problem) the quicker the food empties and the less burning/pain. So, I think I will push for an endoscopy to check things out after the esophogram.

I dropped a pound this week...218...

Nycm00.............220............218............XXX...........-2

Tess415............294............295............289............+1

NAME *******START WEIGHT *******CURRENT WEIGHT ********GOAL ********LBS. Lost

Nycm00.............220............218............XXX...........-2

Potatie............229............229............XXX.............

SpecialK...........274............272.9..........255.........-1.1

Tess415............294............295............289...........+1

Thin2bme...........191.2..........XXX............160............

Edited by SpecialK

I jumped on the scales, oh so quickly, and noticed I had a 1.5 pound bump, too.....I will take it on the chin, though. I deserve it. I'll also be happy that it's not the usual 7-10 pound bump!

The goodies are just about gone, so it will even out. I do think part of it was HAM....I never eat ham, but did so on Christmas day, twice. I'm pretty sensitive to sodium. My rings have been snug, so I know some is Water.....been drinking like a Water buffalo yesterday and today to see if I can purge some of it out!

Glad to hear the meeting with your new 'friend' went so well, Fenton! Always good for the spirit....well, and the body!!!!!!

My hubby and I have had such a great holiday season. I've felt closer to him than I have in a long time. It's nice falling in love all over again.