Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

I'm glad we're all reporting in after T'DAY!!

I only had a peice of cheese up til dinner time around 5. Ate a small version of everything traditional -- including those starches of mashed pots., dressing, candied yams, cranberry, pie but it was still way more than my usual small meals. That came after the day before which was my B'Day where there was 2 servings cake/ice cream!!

For some really odd reason --- I actually got up weighing LESS this AM!!!!!!!!! I'm thinking that's because I walked and shopped my butt off in NYC for 3 days before that. Now I'm afraid 2 days of pigging out is gonna show up in a day or 2.

I guess it's time to get the lead out and start exercising. I'm really very afraid I won't do it. I just have to figure this out and do it or I won't get to goal.

I did pretty well, too!~!

Had a few more crackers and cheese than I should have, but overall....I would call it a success.

I haven't felt good today....and I had to work....so no temptation with leftovers.

Just fixed a plate with turkey and some gravy....that did me fine!

My weight was down this morning, too....WEIRD!

Tess - I sure hope you feel better.

I ate well for Thanksgiving. I did however have a really small piece of pecan pie. Just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth without overdoing it.

I shopped unitl I dropped today. I bought a treadmill (My Christmas present) I plan on completing my Couch 2 5K training on it this winter. I want to run a 5k in the spring. I am about finished my shopping. I still have my father and father-in-law. What do you buy an 80 year old man that has everything????? They are the hardest to buy for.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Wow, I am slowly on the mend... ate chicken Soup and Jello yesterday, but am feeling really bloated and not normal that's for sure... I must have picked up one hellofa bug!!!! I am not one to get knocked on my butt, however, this has seemed to take the wind right out of my sails!!!! I am scheduled for a fill on Tuesday, I will definitely call and cancel it!!! It will be a while before I'll need on of those!!!! I feel pretty restricted now, which is new from this episode!!!

Sugar... you are doing fantastic!! Glad to hear you bought yourself a treadmill. I am still (before getting sick this week) doing interval power walking at the gym. I've been using the pre-programmed incline settings. I do 1 mile uphill and 1 mile flat... its a really good sweat!!!!

I still have my father and father-in-law. What do you buy an 80 year old man that has everything????? They are the hardest to buy for.

I have a 89 year old grandma... same thing, what do you buy?!?!?! My husband and I spent a month in August cleaning and painting and putting up new curtains and blinds... that felt good to do that for her... but when it comes to purchasing a gift, its hard!!! She turns 90 in January and I am planning a party for her and putting together a picture slide show, so I have her birthday covered, but Christmas, hmmm.... another story.

Belated Happy Thanksgiving to all. I haven't been on in a couple of days. I too just ate a little bit of what I wanted and a sliver of pumpkin pie. It was way less than I usually eat on the holiday. Tess I hope you feel better and Harley you too. You both had some great NSV's. Harley I love the dress and you only paid what???? I had 3 pairs of pants in the closet that I bought at a sale 4 years ago and never got to wear them cause the weight was going up and now they fit perfectly. Ah such a good feeling. Have a good weekend everyone.

I hope Tess and Harley are back to feeling 100% - this is hardly the time of year to be feeling unwell!

Well, it looks as if I was the one who let the team down T-day! I probably took in a good 2000 cals, but because of my weight, that was hardly the end of the world, and I have no doubt I lost on the day.

I do have some restriction now, something I've been reminded of twice in the last couple of days. Friday I wolfed down a piece of leftover turkey with white bread and a bit of mayo - apparently not enough mayo because it got stuck and was rejected. And last night I was in Madison Square Park (a public garden, not an arena) and went to the shake Shack (a kind of trendy, high quality take-out place in the park) where I got a hot dog. Which also got stuck - luckily it was dark and cold, and no one saw me sending it back the other way into the garbage.

I'm slowly coming to terms with this thing, and that I can't gulp stuff down like a gannet! I actually have to follow the guidelines if I want to continue to thrive.

I'm losing weight - I had to tighten my belt another notch yesterday (small NSV!). I'll weigh in tomorrow morning at my office, then tomorrow night I get on a plane, and will be in Paris until Xmas day. And we shall just SEE how I do there.

I think I'll do quite well - I mentioned I'd met someone online, and we're going to meet for the first time on the 26th or 27th, when she'll be visiting NYC. It'll be interesting to see which is stronger, the allure of the perfect pastry, or the possibility of love!

I don't know how often I'll be on for the next few weeks - I haven't yet had internet service installed in my apartment. I have to finish writing this damn thing, and I didn't want to be distracted by anything.

Now I'm thinking I don't want to be isolated over the holidays, so... we shall see!

BTW, I don't know if any of you are on Facebook, but feel free to Facefriend me, if you'd like. There are lots of Jonathan Hayeses, so the best way to find me is to search for "jonathan hayes precious blood", I think.

ALSO! If you we are Facebook friends, let's be discreet about how we met! I've been kind of private about my band - family, colleagues, a few friends - so I won't be all about saying things like "Buddy! How is your WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY thing going? How much have you lost???" and "I puked up a half-chewed porterhouse this morning at breakfast!!!"

BTW, I don't know if any of you are on Facebook, but feel free to Facefriend me, if you'd like. There are lots of Jonathan Hayeses, so the best way to find me is to search for "jonathan hayes precious blood", I think.

Tried to find you, but I must be search retarded.....

I'm the first Paige Ansley that comes up....so hit me up!

I'm with you Fenton on probably getting close to 2000 calories on Thanksgiving by grazing and eating too much fudge and Cookies. Its all packed up now and has names on the tins and gift boxes so that ends me opening the refrigerator for a meal or Water and seeing goodies. I know, I did it to myself so I can't whine too much but I really enjoy baking and cooking.

I did try something different the next day and that was the Blue Raspberry Isopure Zero Carb Protein drink in a glass bottle. It was 160 calories for 40 grams of Protein. I thought it was just liquid and wouldn't keep me full but I quickly found out I couldn't find room to eat lunch 1-2 hours later with my Mom. Interesting.

I am finally coming out of the closet at work about having lapband surgery but I am still pretty private about it. Surprisingly those I've now confided in are pretty cool about it. So, yes, let's respect each other's privacy if that is what we ask for.

Last, Fenton -- stay connected to your support group via LBT while in Paris at least 1x per week so we can help you feel accountable. There are tons of WiFi places with free or low cost internet access. We'll be looking for you to check in.

Well I got a fill on Monday and now at 7cc on my 10 cc band. I am really restricted now. I only lost 2 lbs in 6 weeks so I knew it was time to fill ur up again. I can only eat about a tablespoon at a time and am full for at least 4 hours. Had a small amt of stuffing/turkey/turnips and gravy on Thanksgiving and that was more than enough. Probably about a 1/4 cup total. I am also fitting into things I haven't fit into before and people are asking if I lost more weight.....still working on how to manage this band thing. I try to chew chew chew but its hard...it takes a few seconds before I know that I've eaten too fast and then...well you know.:blushing:

Fenton you have to promise to get online when your in Paris. We fall apart without you....we are looking for you, worrying about you....please the stress is awful!!!:cursing: Stay in touch...Harley beautiful dress..... I admire your wanting to wear sleeveless!!! omg!!! I'm just too old for that and with the hanging fat...well its descriptive enough..just winding down with my students who have their last clinical rotation this week then off until January..

Hoping this finds you all well...

HUGE NSV for me today!

I had the energy to climb up and down the ladder 10,000 times to hang Christmas lights outside!!!!! My house looks so festive for the first time in YEARS!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHH! Finally back in the flow of traffic after this damn flu!!! Got out to shop and cooked today!!!! Dressed with makeup on!!! Gee, almost a human being again!!!

I am on vacation this week, hope to knock out the rest of the shopping this week. I was able to eat real food today, back to normal pre flu restriction which was needing tightened, so I will let the doctor's office know and tell me what to do, I would prefer to reschedule to be safe and get my money's worth of fill when he does it!!!

I think I am going to call the doctor for an unfill. There is pressure in my chest when I drink. Each day it seems to get a little worse. I ate okay on Thanksgiving, but it has been down hill since then. It hurts to eat yogurt and drink. I do not want to get dehydrated.