Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Twenties NSVs

Hey guys :ohmy: Haven't posted in here in a while, but yesterday was a huge NSV for me. I ran in Urban Dare with my friend Suzy, which is like a 1-day Amazing Race. We covered about 7.5 miles in less than 2.5 hours and got 7th place out of 43 teams! I didn't run it all, but we were able to power walk and choose a smart route to get 7th :wub: My knees and hips are killing me today, but I invested in some Joint juice and a bottle of liquid tylenol :smile:

Weight loss has been slow, but it's the little things like this that make up for it.

thats awesome! good for you!:smile2:

Ok so went to the bar with my friends the other night for my late-birthday celebration. A girl I never met, who had once made fun of me for being fat and tried stealing my boyfriend (yes, she's a real winner) was there. This was two years ago. She had told me "Go eat a cheeseburger you zamboni."

Well she was drunk at the bar, go figure. She finds out who I am and will not leave me alone. "I'm so sorry, omg! you're f-ing gorgeous. You're so f-ing hot." I was flattered but I'm glad I got away from her, she's a bit crazy.

My NSV for the week, is yesterday I ran a 10k (6.2 miles) in an hour and 5 mins, I am so proud of myself, I started running in june, only be able to run 1 miles and Now i am up to 8miles per run, It feels great..

My first non-scale victories of my adventure:

~For the first time in memory, I'm not hungry between the moments I actually have food in my mouth.

~I didn't need to take a break walking up the hill by my house. I got to the top and just kept on walkin'.

~I've already gone down from a sz 24 to a 22.

I went to Victoria Secret and for the first time ever I bought a bra and it fits!!!! I have never been to Victoria Secret for anything but perfume. Unfortunately that is when I discovered that me and my mom wear not only the same EXACT size but we also have the same color preference and style of bra. Our similarities are kinda starting to creep me out....

I love this, it so nice to finally talk(read) about people who have the Band who are my own age!

I had a great ones this last few months.

My grandmother and mom both have had the band dune and they keep telling me how good I’m looking and it showing in my face, well I finally found the pic’s of me on the day of my sugary and omg look like a blotted cow! my face is so much smaller now. I still have a lot to go and am looking forward to when I have lost 100 pounds only 22 to go for that!

This summer my cousin and I when shopping and she loves old navy, I dreaded it cuz nothing fits , well I take that back cuz now it dose I have gone from a size 28 to 20 and am almost at 18!

I went out with my good friend Heather and she is one of toughs truly beautiful girls who all the guys drool over, most of the time I sit back and watch everything that happens cuz most of the time I enjoy it but I also hated being the one in the background there just for supporting the "pretty girl" well this time a guy came and started to flirt with me and not her, now he was not my type and need the lap band too but it felt nice not being over looked.

Wwell no one has posted here for awhile, so I thought that I would in hopes to drag some new people here. Ive been banded since 11/10/10, but Ive had some nsv's before and after the band. Here are a few post band:

• my rings slide around my fingers, and Im gonna need sizers soon
  • the watch that I bought 2 weeks after my surgery left imprints on my wrist. Now it slides around, and I might have to take a link out.
  • my calves dont get stuck when I put my feet into rubber boots!
  • I dropped down 2, almost 3, pant sizes!

Wow no one is on here!

Yestereday was a great day Talk to the cute guy at the bar, had someone hhit on my and ask after me and not my sexy friend.

IM A 18 now!!!!!

I've had a few NSV's lately. :)

~One that I hadn't even realized I wanted-on of my dr's commenting on my skin and telling me he's going to give the name of a plastic surgeon-that totally made my day :)

~Starting at a 26/28, and I'm currently in 16/18's

~going from a 44G to a 36/38DDD(depends on the bra)

~ I was walking to the store last week, and a guy riding his bike whistled at me as I went past

~ Being able to borrow clothes from my mom

~ Guys telling me I'm beautiful, or sexy

~ Having lost a shoe size, I can now share shoes with my little sister

~ Going shopping, and being able to get stuff in regular sizes

~ The compliments I get from friends and family

~ My dad telling me I've inspired him. He's now training for the Ironman competition

~ My Dr.'s office asking for before and after pics to possibly use on their website/brochures

~ Being flirted with in general

~ I wore stretchy/spandex leggings to the gym!

Have a couple more to throw out there :)

I went to a family party last weekend, and my Aunt didn't recognize me at first

Most of us were wearing Sherrif Stars with our names on them (Wild West Theme) and my cousin told me mine should say Skinny Minnie. FIrst time someone has said that!!!!

I am now only "Overweight"

Back in Dec of 2009 I had bought a pair of Capri's from Torrid in a size 12 to wear at some point in the future. I tried them on yesterday, and while I am no where near being able to zip or button, I actually got them past my hips!! 6 weeks ago they wouldn't go past my thighs!

I have a "friend" who has seen me at my heaviest, and has seen me now. Even with my saggy wrinkly skin, he calls me sexy :wub: He's a great ego boost for me.

I can bend over and tie my shoe like a normal person

None of my rings fit anymore. I have a pair of rings I got the christmas I was 13. I got them to fit on my ring finger. I now have to wear them on my middle finger because they are too big. My ring size on my ring finger is down to a 5 1/2. (I've always had pretty small hands though) My 12 year old sister now wears a larger ring than I do, and she is skinny for her age :)

The pair of skinny jeans I got in Jan in an xl are bagging on me

I ow no longer have to unbutton my pants to get them off.

I fit into a size L dress from Kohl's :Dancing_biggrin:

So right before surgery I went into Lane Bryant and bought a few items that were on sale and were dirt cheap. I bought some 18/20, 22/24 shirts- at that time I was a 26/28. I also found nice work pants for cheap so I bought 2 size 22, and one size 20. Two days ago I put on my normal pants and was disgusted by how baggy and saggy they looked. I have been hesitating to try my smaller size but finally decided that it was worth a shot. I grabbed a pair and they fit! Slightly tight in the booty, but not enough to not wear them. I also was super thrilled when I put on my 18/20 shirt and it looked good! I was so excited I called my mom and best friend at 7:30 in the morning to tell them that I had new pants on. But this is not even the best part! I washed them along with a few other things the next day and while folding I discovered..ready-here comes the BEST part!!!...I had acidentally put on my size 20, not the 22 like I thought! YAY, ME! I have gone down 3 pants sizes!!!

Miss Michelle. I gasped and my eyes filled with tears with your size 20 punchline!!! You must be so proud!!!! I haven't been banded yet but my day is coming this winter and I can't wait to change into smaller pants :)

I can see my collarbone clearly

Fitting into smaller clothes, although the sizes are moving slowly

Can cross my legs, I don't have to pull it up halfway with my hand

I'm no longer overflowing into other peoples' seats at the movies or hockey games

And not really NSVs, but....I'm much more energetic now, my overall mood and attitude have changed completely, I now dislike sitting around the house for hours on end, I have started on increasing my flexibility (as of right now I'm as flexible as a brick), and overall I just want to go out and try new things that I never did before because of the weight.