Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Twenties NSVs

okay... let me just say-- i have been in ONEDERLAND for one whole day.... and it... feels...

AWESOME!!!

its so crazy that just one pound difference makes you feel soooo different! its like, an entirely different mindset and i have yet to wrap my mind around the concept that I SERIOUSLY WEIGH UNDER 200 POUNDS. just being at the rec center and typing in your weight on the treadmill and typing it in with a ONE first-- or not weighing as much as when a skinny person talks about a really heavy person ("they must have weighed like TWO HUNDRED POUNDS!" as if that is some far-off number)... seriously... guys. i thought my scale was playing an april fools day joke on me. but its legit.

i cant wrap my head around this yet!! i didnt think it would be that exciting but now that the day is finally here, it really IS!

Jane I am so happy for you. You are doing wonderful you should be very proud of yourself!

Yaa! I finally get to post! Ha!

I have two pairs of the same jeans... one is size 20 and one is size 18. I never wore the size 18's due to losing the reciept so I bought a 20 because I loved the style. ANYWAY... I went to put the 20's on and waaaaay too big! WOO HOO! The 18's are a bit tight... (I mean who cares if I had to lay down the zip them up)... but THEY FIT!

haha. I was stoked!

okay... let me just say-- i have been in ONEDERLAND for one whole day.... and it... feels...

AWESOME!!!

its so crazy that just one pound difference makes you feel soooo different! its like, an entirely different mindset and i have yet to wrap my mind around the concept that I SERIOUSLY WEIGH UNDER 200 POUNDS. just being at the rec center and typing in your weight on the treadmill and typing it in with a ONE first-- or not weighing as much as when a skinny person talks about a really heavy person ("they must have weighed like TWO HUNDRED POUNDS!" as if that is some far-off number)... seriously... guys. i thought my scale was playing an april fools day joke on me. but its legit.

i cant wrap my head around this yet!! i didnt think it would be that exciting but now that the day is finally here, it really IS!

CONGRATS!!!! That is amazing! I can't wait for that day! 44 pounds to go!

Way to go! You look great!

Yaa! I finally get to post! Ha!

I have two pairs of the same jeans... one is size 20 and one is size 18. I never wore the size 18's due to losing the reciept so I bought a 20 because I loved the style. ANYWAY... I went to put the 20's on and waaaaay too big! WOO HOO! The 18's are a bit tight... (I mean who cares if I had to lay down the zip them up)... but THEY FIT!

haha. I was stoked!

That's awesome. I love being able to pull clothes out of the closet that I couldn't wear. I'm sure those 18's will be loose on you in no time! Keep up the good work.

Bah I'm sooo happy/jealous for/of you Jane! Keep it up :thumbdown:

So yesterday I was hanging out with my future roommate who just moved to Austin. We went to the mall and had lunch and then she suggested that we go shopping for some clothes for me because it was starting to look like I was wearing sacks for clothes (NSV #1 Haha). Now, as a big guy I've never been able to shop in the mall for clothes. I told her that and she goes "ah well then I'll pick a store." So we head to Pacsun. I've always wanted to be able to shop there, but everything was tooo small. I went in there and tried on some shorts and a shirt, and they all fit! The shorts were 38's and the shirts were XL!! I never thought I would see this day. I love my band!

Haha - I LOVE this thread. I'm excited for when I can post something here!

I've lost 29 lbs and the most i have is my pants are feeling really loose. and i can take off my wedding ring without trying! it's not tight anymore.

Bah I'm sooo happy/jealous for/of you Jane! Keep it up :blink:

So yesterday I was hanging out with my future roommate who just moved to Austin. We went to the mall and had lunch and then she suggested that we go shopping for some clothes for me because it was starting to look like I was wearing sacks for clothes (NSV #1 Haha). Now, as a big guy I've never been able to shop in the mall for clothes. I told her that and she goes "ah well then I'll pick a store." So we head to Pacsun. I've always wanted to be able to shop there, but everything was tooo small. I went in there and tried on some shorts and a shirt, and they all fit! The shorts were 38's and the shirts were XL!! I never thought I would see this day. I love my band!

Congrats DREW!

I can't wait to be able to shop in "normal" mall stores. I have no idea where I am going to go first!

Congrats DREW!

I can't wait to be able to shop in "normal" mall stores. I have no idea where I am going to go first!

I second that!!!

um yeah. i have been avoiding the mall at all costs lately, bcs i am a compulsive shopper, but i KNOW i dont want to buy anything until i am at my goal weight. then im getting myself an entirely new wardrobe!

laurr925 -- you at least have to go shopping halfway through your journey! getting new clothes is sooooo motivating if you hit a plateau later on- so much fun to see the smaller clothes sizes. it gives you so much confidence! just shop in the cheap clothing stores since you know you wont need the clothes to last very long (i cant believe i can shop at forever 21 now... wow). great job on your weightloss so far!

oh hey-- new nsv for me today! check out the BMI on my TICKER--- i am no longer OBESE! I AM "JUST" OVERWEIGHT!!!!

so there's this guy I've known for the past year and a half or so, my friends think i'm crazy for secretly having a crush on him because he is ridiculous-- like an ogre (6 foot five and can push a one-ton truck up a hill, competing soon in the strongman competitions, his night job is a bouncer at a bar).. he's so crazy and loud and obnoxious and has all these stupid tattoos of a sailboat, a tiger cartoon, one that says "yo momma" (really now?) ... but i can't help myself, i have always found him so oddly attractive! haha but anyways, the point of this being a NSV is....

so today, i saw him in a computer lab where we were both working on different group projects. the whole time he was flirting with me from across the room, giving me kissy faces and winking and whatnot-- but i just figure we were joking around because we always kind of friend-flirt back and forth. but as hes about to leave about an hour later, i stand up to talk to him and he gives me a big bear hug (like a serious bear hug since he IS a bear).. and goes "jane-- i dont know how to tell you this but have you lost weight or something?" and i kind of sheepishly smiled and go "yeah actually i have, thanks for noticing!" and he was like "damn girl how could i not... you are just looking soooo good! like seriously, goood! i mean i wasnt gonna say anything bc i didnt know if you would be offended that i noticed or something, but really jane, you look hot." and the way he was looking at me was different than the other times we have friend-flirted with each other. haha i mean obviously this boy is no husband material (nothing im looking for right now anyways), but it felt sooooo good! seriously made my week!

and it is such a motivator to eat healthier and workout more when you have someone in the back of your mind pushing you right along! even if this doesnt go anywhere (i kind of like the flirty friend level that we're at for now), i think i am going to use his strength skills to cross off another goal on my NSV list-- to be picked up by someone! he could handle my weight, right? he flipped this huge tire:

n504258862_1537041_5324417.jpg

alright so NSV crossed off here: have a guy i find attractive tell me i look hot

Jane! You are too adorable! I LOVE reading all of your NSV's!

Congrats on another great accomplishment! You are awesome!

:( by the way... Big buff silly guys with tatoos are amazing... I've been with mine for almost 3 years!

haha yeah i love him, he is a big buff silly guy but seriously he could never be the father of my children. i forgot to mention that he volunteered himself to be tasered by the local police for a story he was doing (he's a reporter originally from new jersey). if you are curious to find the type of crazy weird men i secretly find attractive, he is the one in this video getting tasered and totally fine afterward! hahaha he makes me laugh soo much which i think is why i have always liked him!

- Columbia Missourian

haha jane you are too funny! congrats on your NSV! and please, were young, go out and make crazy decisions, life is more fun that way. so if you want to flirt with "big buff silly guys" dont even think twice about it!