Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

getting banded on March 19th

Thanks you too I'm very nervious, but I'm sure I will be fine

wow, I love this site. Anytime I start to get even a little nervous about my banding next week, all I have to do is log in and I realize i'm not alone. I am greatful to have you guys.

I'm also happy to have such a great group of people to turn to, people that have or are going through what I am. Thank you all so much.:blushing::thumbup:

hello all I'm still looking for a good protien drink, I did get the eas powder, have to try it .

anxious, a bit nervous, excited, how else can I fel. only 1 more week.

:smile:

Just hope I cam stick to the 2 day liquid diet. I know it is not that bad considering I see so many having to go weeks before surgery on liquid. i am not looking forward to 4 weeks liquid afterwards.

good luck to all and thanks so much for the chance to air my feelings and just have a chance to talk

Hello All,

You have no idea how helpful and supportive you all are to those of us lurking around this site. Thank you so much for helping me make my decision. I read Dr. Ortiz's book "Lap Band for Life" and will be going to Mexico for my surgery. Actually it worked out perfectly because I am going on a cruise out of San Diego with my daughter and granddaughter. It is a Body, Mind and Spirit cruise with Wayne Dyer and others. Since my daughter paid for my flight from Michigan I will already be in San Diego and will go for my surgery right after the cruise. My BMI is around 40 so I was allowed to forgo the pre-op diet. That's a good thing although I don't plan on splurging on the cruise I'd hate to be in my cabin drinking Iso-Pure while the others were dining in luxury :-). I look forward to having the help of all you wonderful people after surgery on April 14th. You are such a great group you have no idea how much you are appreciated.

Blessings,:smile:

Sally

Good luck to everyone! I have been on the liquid diet now for 6 days. It has gotten better. The first 4 days were tough. I am so jealous of the people who don't have to do the 2 week pre-op diet. One more week till banding. Have fun on your cruise!

I feel the same why, but I went to a support meeting last night and I feel alittle better, it will all work out. one day at a time c-

ready for next week to get here. I am so anxious to get this surgery done. My doctor is using the Realize band.

Everyone is telling me to go out and eat all my favorite foods, but i really do not want to. I am trying to adjust my life to eating in a different pattern and going to eat all my favorites before I start my liquid diet just seems to defeat that mindset. I will admit there are a few things I would truly enjoy. :drool:

Right now I am hoping to stay healthy, so much sickness is going around work, I wear a surgical mask to keep away the germs!!

Good luck to all of us getting banded this month

Everyone is telling me to go out and eat all my favorite foods, but i really do not want to. I am trying to adjust my life to eating in a different pattern and going to eat all my favorites before I start my liquid diet just seems to defeat that mindset. I will admit there are a few things I would truly enjoy. :drool:

That's the right attitude, lynnt! You'll likely get another chance to at least try eating those things a little later down the road.... :teeth_smile:

I am getting banded March 19th. Have been on liquid and vegie diet for a week now, today I really felt I couldnt do it anymore and needed food. I ended up having a small piece of fish and a few extra vegies thank goodness but I so could have had a steak.

I just wish next week would hurry so I can start the next step.

Goodluck to all of the March bandsters. We can do it if we stick together.

I know what you mean,NAT36, I lost it on the liquid diet a couple nights ago. Pretty much ate anything that wasn't nailed down. It made me feel so bad about myself. I've really been sticking to the diet since then. I just can't find any Protein Drink that I like. They're letting me do 2 Protein Bars each day and then a very small dinner that's high in Protein and low carbs & fat. I took my camera to work this morning and had my co-workers take pictures of me. I am going to start a journal of my experience. I could not believe how big i've gotten. I've never been more determined than after seeing those pics of myself. ugh!