Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Lydiafree - next step is; when they receive your information, they (Malissa's Office) will call you and invite you to the next orientation. Stay on them (859-2067). Call in a few days and make sure that they received your app. After the orientation they will schedule an appointment with Dr. Hoffman.... make sure that you request Dr. Hoffman. If you stay on them, they are really good. Its just that after a orientation (March, April 3rd) they get swamped with applications and appointments. Good luck and keep us informed on your progress.

Hi Cythia & Loraine! I finally found you guys! I kept my $150 bucks and lost 2 extra lbs! So I get another $87 bucks tomorrow for being a winner - I'm going to buy some smaller work slacks that will actually fit me! What a great feeling :huh2:).

I will be at the park this Saturday, I had my days mixed up and thought I might not make it, but I will be there and possibly my husband! I've been working on him to join us.

Talk w/ you soon...

Nicki

Hello,

I just want to chime in here as Dr. Forbes did my surgery. She did not try to convince me either way, in fact I was quite suprised at how the decision was completely mine. Being under 250#'s I wouldn't think bypass to be an option for me. Regardless, I felt very at ease with Dr. Forbes, I was confident that my surgery would be a text book operation and it was. I am not disappointed in any way. Since my operation her involvement has been scarce and I did not know how detrimental that is to my success until I met the wonderful ladies in this thread and started walking with them in Deleware Park. I have lost 8lbs since I met them about 2 weeks ago! I don't think you can go wrong at BGH, but the after-care support from Hoffman is undeniably far above and beyond than any Dr. I have encountered in my lifetime. If I knew in November what I know now, I would have chosen him.

My seminar is tonight and I'm so excited!!! My sister's going with me but my other sister who is in town from Baltimore for work is also coming with me because she wants to know the score. How awesome is that?

Question: does anyone have BCBS who has been approved lately? What did they need or not need? AHHHHH I'm so nervous and just want to get on with the process!!!

I asked Cynthia this just now, but in case she doesn't get the message by the end of the day---would any of you recommend calling Dr. Hoffman's office this afternoon before the seminar and scheduling an appointment?

I just want it all answered for me, lol! You've all been so helpful and I can't wait to meet you at a meeting on day in the park! Next week definitely!!!

Hello all.... It's me Cynthia here!!! OMG Nicki I knew you could do it!!! The winner of the big bucks......... 8lbs since March 22 your one rocken chick......... Sorry I've been a bummer these past days/week etc... Sick the weekend before and work is a complete swamp..... I'm going to really try and make it Sat. @ the park.... Still in the middle of Home remoldeling and Sat. maybe filled with workers..... Yikes!!! I know stop all the excuses...... Shoot being a single mom of two my weekends get so darn booked up.......Ex-hubby still lives in Hawaii so it's just me for them. Need to really start making me first but I'm getting there... Workin on that one as I'm losing!!! LOL,LOL,LOL

So on to other things....... I'd love to get a social outting going to meet up some evening, just us getting together to sit talk and really get the group on a friendship level and relax and talk more about our success, struggles and over all love of the band etc...... Anyone have a preference on which week/weekend night, times or anything to help so we don't leave anyone out. Maybe suggestions of a place or event?? dinner, coffee bar, Bar/bar or somethnig that everyone feels comfortable with..... Just trying to feel the crowd out on this.......

Sally I sent you a private message........ You should be getting a call soon for your appointment, Maryetta will call you!!

Good morning, all!

Well, I went to the seminar last night with my sisters in tow...and I was really impressed (as were my sisters)! Wow, it's obvious that this team really takes care in prepping you for not only what will rock but what will suck! :thumbup:

I was unable to meet Dr. Hoffman personally because he was in and out with an emergency and in the end I wanted to speak to him while Dr. Forbes took her turn at questions at the end, but he was speaking to Dr. Posner about something and I didn't feel comfortable interrupting. I stood up and went toward them but then they moved away from me, it was awkward! Dr. Forbes was fantastic and really good about answering questions, though.

I met Marietta, she said that she needs 2 weeks to schedule everyone's appointments...that seems long in comparison to you guys, do you have any advice here? Should I call Lisa immediately after to schedule the doctor's visit, etc.?

And as for getting all the testing done, I think I'm going to get the sleep study and 24 hour urine thingey done before I even go in, they say the more you do ahead of time the better. What other testing has to be done? I have a pretty recent potassium and thyroid (I'm hypothyroid) test done. The whizzed through the last slides about all the testing last night.

Well, part one over!!! I'm still on the band kick, that's for sure. Even though I'd done my research, and they've only had one death in over 500 bypasses, hearing from their mouths that the death rate is still 1 in 200 and that it's just as dangerous as open-heart surgery---dude, say no more!!!!

:rolleyes: Sally

Hey guys,

I have a question about the support group on Saturdays---about how many show? And where do you meet in Delaware Park?

Also--should I stalk Marietta about setting up my appointments? And should I call Lisa at Dr. Hoffman's to set up my doc appointment? The earlier I know the better I can schedule my sick days.

I'm just so excited...about everything!!

--Sally

I am going to the May 1 seminar. When will they give me the appointment for the dietitician, that evening? Just wondering which of the psychologists any of you went to. Any suggestions or favorites?

With going to the seminar on May 1, how long do you think it will take to get the surgery scheduled? Insurance will be approved quickly, CHAMPVA, they really do not require much and I have already had sleep study.

For me it didn't take to long. I filled out the application, I hounded Malissa at 859-2067 to see if she received info ... she scheduled an appointment with them (3 hours) & I attended the Orientation, then I did all the blood work, and everything I was requested to do ... I met with Dr. Hoffman and 3 weeks later my surgery was scheduled. I sent in my application in September, my surgery was November 26th. Not too bad. Just stay on Malissa :rolleyes: (she's a great girl, very helpful!)

Who is Melissa? I have talked to Lisa and Marietta but have not met Melissa. I made my first call on 2/4/08 so I am anxious to know who else I can call to get this moving.

Hope to see you at the park Saturday.

I believe that Malissa is another assistant with the group. I've also only spoken to Marietta; both will do the same job for you.

You won't get your appointment until after the seminar--Marietta called me a week later (I of course called twice during that week and left messages).

One note: if you want Dr. Hoffman, you make sure that you tell Marietta that when she calls, end of story. They had told me that I would have Dr. Posner without asking if I had a surgeon preference. I then ended up calling Lisa (Dr. Hoffman's assistant) thanks to Cynthia and I'm thinking it's all cleared up now. I have to call today to make sure, though.

I'm going to have my sleep study and 24 hour urine thing done before my big appointment on the 17th. They tell you at the seminar to do as much as possible because it will move your surgery along. I would personally like to know when I can get my appointment with Dr. Hoffman, and get a surgery date ASAP.

I'm hoping to be at the park this coming Saturday as well.

When did you go to the seminar? What psychologist did you see?

I have already had my sleep study, am already diagnosed with sleep apnea.

I hope you come to the park.

Thanks for the information.

I had to wait two months after my first appt to get an appt with Dr. Hoffman. I met him at an earlier appt however. He is truly a compassionate dr.

I already know Hoffman, I am just trying to get the shrink and dietician etc. scheduled. I am waiting for them to call me back now with the names of the various psychologists so I can get an appointment with one in May.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I saw Dr. Ron Lelito and BGH will accept him for your needs. Here is his Web-page. Nice guy....... You won't be disappointed. Call his office right away and get in to see him!! 632-4942

Dr. Ron Lelito

Do you need any other information? Let me know!! Cynthia