Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

I'm also so excited....... I can't wait... Tue. won't come fast enough.

I love that Dr. Hoffman uses the AP 10 & 14cc bands seems less fills are needed for restriction I won't need a fill again this coming appointment and this will be my second round allowed to be filled.... Awesome I tell ya.

Oh I had my first PB yesterday..... Warning!! I was a little to brazin on eating a bite of Sushi at Wegman's last night. I thought hmm I could eat one of those!! Wrong cold sticky rice not good for me right now!! I took a small bite and BA Da bing it sat right there stuck in my darn band.... Hurt like a mother... I ended up in the ladies room spitting it back up.... Learned my lesson quite quick... Stay on plan and don't chance anything like this outside your own home!! Live and learn!! I sure did!! But I still love my band even if Sushi is off limits!!

Dr. Hoffman says he uses a new band is this the AP? What is it? Sushi I will remember to stay away from. So last night we took the kids to

seseme street live, on the way home my sister in law wanted to stop at tim hortons, we did. They ordered a dozen donuts. I went up and ordered a diet coke for myself and the lady behind the counter actually laughed at me. I cant wait to be banded and be on my way to a skinnier me.

Yes, it's ring is filled 360' all the way around. So you have a much better contour around the stomach. Plus they can add fill during the operation so the fit is perfect once you come out of the OR. He also stitches in the port so it won't filp ever on us. I've heard that this can happen if it's not anchored down. He was taught this when he was performing over 450 of his Lap-Bands in Long Island. He will be joining Children's Hospital soon in the Bariatric's for Children with weight problems. Wow what an honor that is for him to be asked to join.

Your so good not getting Tim Hortons last night....... What great will power. Your on your way to the best you!! One less donut pound to burn off before your band. Cheers to you and your "WILL-POWER" it gets easier. Once you get the taste of the losing you'll never go back!!

Hi Everyone ...

I can't wait for the walk fest to begin. Saturday, March 22nd sounds GREAT to me ... lets meet at 9:00am at the juice BAR (it's closest to Knottingham Street .. park on the side street). So we can identify each other, why don't we wear some sort of material on our LEFT arm! (color doesn't matter)

Sound like a plan?? Let me know if anyone wants something different, I was just thinking out loud.

Cynthia - I told Dr. Hoffman that we were chatting on this website, I met you a week after your surgery ... I didn't know if you were the same person but Hoffman told me "It must be!" He told me he was going to see you on Wednesday at work and would confirm or deny!! LOL I DID NOT get a fill the other day ... the sky is the limit for us!! :rolleyes: I don't have an appointment with Hoffman till April, make sure you tell him about the 22nd when you meet with him next week. Good luck on your weigh-in ... I'm with brubear ... i'm sure you lost more ... go get girl!!!

Hey yes I do rememer you.... You had your boss with you..... Looking into him having the band correct?? I'm the one who lifted my shirt for him and had him check out my port etc..... Now I remember...LOL Funny how you can meet someone and ya never know how they'll impact your life later on down the line. Awesome we can meet on the 22nd at the juice Bar 9:00 and we can make ourselfs Team Hoffamn, we could come up with a color band like a gang of "Losers" almost like color teams on the Biggest Loser show. I'm game also!!

Hello All,

I want to have the Lap-Band surgery. I am looking to get the contact information for Dr. Hoffman to setup an appointment. I have a few questions for you guys that have had the surgery.

How long from your first appointment until you were able to have the surgery?

Could anyone tell me what is the recovery time after having the Lap-Band surgery?

After the surgery was there a lot of pain?

How long until you were able to go back to work?

Thanks guys

Hello Juan1026 welcome to the Buffalo Losers….. LOL, LOL it’s wonderful you taking these first steps to bandster heaven. First if you want Dr. Hoffman give his secretary a call and get started @ 716 859-4024 she’s really great and can help get you started on you way!!

I started getting all my requirements for my insurance done late Aug/07 before Dr. Hoffman arrived back in Buffalo…… I had it all done and could have had surgery in Nov. but opted for a late Dec. date. I liked having two weeks off for Christmas and New Years so I spent two weeks off from work. I could have gone back in one week to ten days. I was not in a lot of pain. I did have some the first night which was controlled by IV and the wonderful nursing staff @ Buffalo General. I was sent home with a script for the high powered stuff but I managed to only use liquid Extra strength Tylenol and it worked fine. I was more tired and sleepy more than anything. I had NO gas shoulder pain, NO port pain so I must credit Dr. Hoffman in that department of skill and patient care. I would do it all in a heart beat again, I was to thinking more into the after care and recovery before hand and it ended up I worried more than the actual difficulties I ended up having.

Advise on surgery - I have really nice small (scares) tiny little reddish/brown what I call marks on my skin. Largest being 1 inch long (port) due to the fact I told the staff at my pre-op I have a sensitivity to steri strips and bandage adhesive. I ended up with medical glue to cover my incisions and that was a Hugh plus for any further problems, mess and scaring. steri Strips can pull, creates a rash or burns the skin. Takes a long time for them to slowly wear off the wound which creates little curly tags for catching on clothes etc…… making life harder. The scares are smaller and heals nicer with medical glue…….. Nice low profile smooth skin in the area.

Thanks a lot LiveLoveLaugh Huge help.

Did you call your insurance for the form? and what should I asks for?

I have Empire insurance may I what you have?

Thanks again

I have BC/BS and called them last week to see what I need to do. The Rep told me that the Doc would have to call in a referral for surgery. She also mentioned that there are strict criteria (which I already knew from their website). But she did give me the # to the Medical Dept to give to the Doc. She said that Medical would only speak with the Doctors.

BigGurl

Hey your always welcome to any information I may have....... I have Independent Health and they had a few things to complete before I could start the real ball rolling. What I did was start getting them knocked off before my first appointment with Dr. Hoffman. I did have a hugh BMI of 64 and found I had sleep apnea during my check ups..... Once everythnig was together I was approved with-in three days of sending in the paper work which was awesome!! I ended up taking about 2 1/2 months to finish all requirments. It was waiting for appointments that made it longer. So book what you can now for the right doctors to get in the requirments for your insurance!! Check with empire first by phone or on-line to see what is required and speak to Lisa at Hoffman's office to see which doctor's he recommends etc....... Plus Lisa should know what most insurances require by other patients before you. If you need anything let me know I'll do what I can..... Also ask Lisa for the starting paperwork to fill out to get the process going with Buffalo General, You won't make this months seminar but you should for next month in April. Before you know it you'll be banded by summer time fun!! I see Dr. Hoffman today, I'm excited to see what I've lost since Feb. 5th. I still feel I don't need a fill after 11 weeks..... I went and picked up new clothes last night and I'm down from a lose 5X shirt to a fitting 2X I was so blown away.... But I did go down two cups sizes and four inches in a Bra..... Dang why do we woman always lose our TaTa's first.... Must be that soft squishy fat first!!! Dang it!! Also two sizes in jeans...... So I only got a couple of really good sale items to help get me feeling better!! Since I know I'll be giving these away by end of spring/summer.

Hi Everyone .... mark your calendars ... March 22nd at 9:00am in Delaware park (Ran, Shine or Snow) LOL. Meet at the juice Bar off Knottingham Street. I CAN' WAIT!!

Livelaughlove (Cynthnia) ... how was your visit with Hoffman. I am sooo excited that you are doing soooo well, keep it UP ... or should I say DOWN!!

Hello everyone! I was away on a cruise and was hoping to return to the application to get this process started. I still haven't gotten anything. I saw someone posted Dr. Hoffman's secretary's number. Would it be best to start with her? I originally just called the Buffalo General baratric number and someone named Brenda told me to just leave message on their vm and they would send out an application but i'm still waiting! I would love to at least get into the next seminar for next month!

Any suggestions?

Welcome Back from your cruise! I bet the weather was warmer than it is here. Call Malissa at 859-2067 she is the one that gets all the applications when they are sent in. I just left her a message because I want a friend of mine to get into the April 3rd orientation. She is the one to bug ... great girl ... very helpful.

Hello all.... I'm back and lost 12 lbs this last month...... A total of 47 lbs to date!!! I'm so blown away!!!

I was Talking to Dr. Hoffman and he told me he's been telling everyone 8:00 for Sat. March 22nd at the park!!! We better confirm this with everyone... I'd hate to leave someone out of the loop!!

Yes, Malissa is so very nice....... I did get my application by fax and then faxed to her when it was completed. This also might be an option for you.

wow 47 pounds I am so proud of you!!!! Way to go. 8am is good with me. Is it ok if us prospective banders attend? I am so excited tom is the seminar. I feel like this is a step in the right direction. Can't wait to begin this part of the journey!

Also if anyone is interested in more info on the band and surgery I bought a book called Weight Loss Surgery with the Adjustable Gastric Band by Robert Sewell. It is pretty good. I got it because when I see Dr Hoffman I like to have any questions ready.