Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

You get the referral form from your doctor, they have a sample or a form your doctor can fill out in the BGH packet. I can find one I have if you have a fax #. Also you need an Independent referral in place for Dr. Hoffman, Posner, Forbes and BGH (called a facility referral) they need all three doctors in place. This is due to if there ever was an emergency and the other two doctors were on call and needed to treat you. Because you can request one doctor (Hoffman) over the other two and still get him for your surgery. This covers all the doctors in the clinic to treat you and the Insurance will cover your expences.

Independent Health doesn't require referrals anymore..think I will still need one? I appreciate all this information . Yes you can fax the form to me at work 446-8827...that would be great!

Where exactly in the park do you all meet to have your chat---I want to come on Saturday but wouldn't be able to get there until 9:00....

Thanks!

--Sally

I'm going to meet you guys out there too. I can't really do a lot of walking due to low back pain but I would like meet everyone.

I finally was able to speak with Melissa today! It is very difficult to get through to that number!

So she said they received my paperwork and that I was a candidate for the surgery. Unfortunantly she couldnt get me into the may seminar ...but I will be in it for June. I tried to get here *squeeze* me in for May but she said it was aaaalll booked and no one really drops out. ((hmmm wonder if I could "sneak in" :thumbup:)).

Will you be meeting at the juice Bar at 9am?

Yvette :unsure:

judy

i went to suburban psychiatric associates and got an appt right away

For those who have had their surgery: do we have to do any pre-op liquid diet or anything? I'm just curious as I go through all of this stuff. I've got my psych scheduled, my sleep test is on Thursday night, I'm movin' and groovin'! Now I'm just wondering what kind of pre-op diet I have to face...if there is one.

Thanks!

the week before surgery they had me do very low carb. the day before surgery i could have a low carb Breakfast and then Clear Liquids the rest of the day

:confused:Hi I called two weeks ago to get info on a seminar, for Dr Hoffman and noone calls me back I called a few numbers that were on here too, and nothing. Should I say how high my weight and BMI are on the voicemail? Do you think that will get a better response? I wanted to do this during the summer, and I need to get started soon! Thanks for any help. E

Hi, did you leave your address on the voicemail? They send you out a packet of paperwork to fill out. You fill it out send it in and they contact you for the seminar.

when you call leave your name and address. they send out a packet of info for you to fill out and then you return it and they then contact you for the seminar. good luck

Okay so I went to the seminar Thursday nite with DH. Still excited about the band. :blush: Hope they call soon for my first appointment..was anyone else at the seminar? What did you think?

Good Morning Everyone,

DeeH - I was at the seminar on Thursday. A friend of mine is going to have it done, I did mine in Nov 07 (BEST thing I ever did for myself and HOFFMAN is the BEST at it). You have a partner for life in him!! I thought the presentation was awesome and very informative. I'm was glad I heard it all over again, because the statistic's scared the heck out of me all over again!!

Efran - Are you calling Marietta (859-2067)? She is the one that is in charge of putting together the orientations, my advice is to call and call and call till you get her in PERSON! Good Luck!

The WALK in thepark is still happening, every SATURDAY at 8:00am we meet at the juice Bar ... it's alot of fun! You walk at your own pace! JOIN US! (Hoffman joins us too)

Loraine

It's so great to hear how things are going for others...things seem to happen faster and faster, I just want a surgery date!!! I have been rocking all of the pre-tests like I said, one-by-one, week by week!!! :smile:

One of these weeks I DEFINITELY need to get to the Park for walking and chatting.

My sleep study last week ended up being a surprise, even though they can't tell me anything until I meet with my doctor, she did have to put the CPAP machine on me at 2:00 a.m. so any person who knows anything knows what that means. :thumbup: But hey---that's a GOOD THING for insurance purposes, and really, if you have something, don't you want to know you have it? :lol::lol: Especially when I had absolutely no symptoms, so weird.

My psych appointment is a week from today, and my 3 hour blast is 2 weeks from today. Then hooking myself up with Dr. Hoffman then hopefully surgery VERY SOON after that. I'm willing to tell him, "give me 2 weeks, dude, and the weight you want off will be off." I've always been good at losing, not the keeping-it-off which is why we're all doing what we are doing! I would love for a date before June is over.

Yay. :thumbup:

Sally - That is GREAT that you got a surgery date!! When is it?? Keep up the good work and stay on them! You won't regret a thing.:thumbup:

Oh I don't have a date yet...I'm just hoping for June. :) :thumbup: :smile:

For those of you that had Dr. Hoffman, when you went for your appointment with him did they schedule your surgery date then? Just wondering so I can plan ahead.

thanks