Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

no it isnt scheduled until all your testing is done

Well what if you're Ms. Enterprising and have completed all of your tests by then? :) :) They DID tell us to do as much as possible! :) I think all I'll have to do is like a fasting blood test or something.

then u may be approved quickly. they will want you to go on the south beach diet and many of the insurance companies require you to lose 5% of your weight preop

Efran, do not get too excited over the possibility of summer. I began all of this in February, and I doubt that I will even have it in the summer, possibly August. Most of my testing is already done.

But keep trying. I have a blank copy of the application and could get it to you faster than the office. Send me an address or a fax number.

I called them and have an appointment but had to pay $200 up front. I found someone else so I think I can get the $ back from Suburban.

Well what if you're Ms. Enterprising and have completed all of your tests by then? :) :) They DID tell us to do as much as possible! :) I think all I'll have to do is like a fasting blood test or something.

How did you know what pre-op testing to do without having your 3 hour blitz? Did they give you that info over the phone? Just curious, it seems different for each of us!

judy,

i will be walking on saturday afterall. see u then

judy,

i will be walking on saturday afterall. see u then

Seems like it might be a big group. Hope you are feeling well. See you then.

Good Morning Everyone,

DeeH - I was at the seminar on Thursday. A friend of mine is going to have it done, I did mine in Nov 07 (BEST thing I ever did for myself and HOFFMAN is the BEST at it). You have a partner for life in him!! I thought the presentation was awesome and very informative. I'm was glad I heard it all over again, because the statistic's scared the heck out of me all over again!!

Efran - Are you calling Marietta (859-2067)? She is the one that is in charge of putting together the orientations, my advice is to call and call and call till you get her in PERSON! Good Luck!

The WALK in thepark is still happening, every SATURDAY at 8:00am we meet at the juice Bar ... it's alot of fun! You walk at your own pace! JOIN US! (Hoffman joins us too)

Loraine

Loraine, can you tell I was busy these two days? I did not bug you at all. How did your appt go?

I just got back from Philadelphia tonight, I am beat!

Val--

Thanks for that info, I keep forgetting about the South Beach thing, I have to get my sister's book from her! 5% shouldn't be a big deal for me, whenever I go back on Weight Watchers I drop 13 lbs. in a week. :) But I know they want to get my liver down. I think I also might put myself on a liquid diet for 2 weeks before my surgery in order to REALLY shrink my liver...I just read from a girl on the boards that she went in, they put the scopes in, and her liver was too big to put the band on her stomach and they had to pull out and reschedule! Worst nightmare!!!

Judy---

I had Cynthia (LiveLoveLaugh) giving me the heads up on most things, but they talked in the seminar about the other things one would need. I figured that I would get EVERYTHING done that I could think of or had heard of so that my insurance wouldn't have an issue with granting the surgery. Plus, it would make the time smaller between having the 3 hour appointment and meeting with Dr. Hoffman and then getting a date. My sister called me "Ms. Enterprising." It's been an interesting road, especially delivering the jug of urine to the lab, how embarassing! :):laugh:

Now I just have to get my butt out of bed and get to Delaware Park on Saturdays!!! It's so hard because all week I get up at 5:15 and my weekend sleep is SO precious since my dog will never sleep past 8:00. So I may make the 9:00 meet and chat. Where do you guys end up to do that part of the morning?

--Sally

Edited by bloomerific

Val--

Thanks for that info, I keep forgetting about the South Beach thing, I have to get my sister's book from her! 5% shouldn't be a big deal for me, whenever I go back on Weight Watchers I drop 13 lbs. in a week. :angry_smile: But I know they want to get my liver down. I think I also might put myself on a liquid diet for 2 weeks before my surgery in order to REALLY shrink my liver...I just read from a girl on the boards that she went in, they put the scopes in, and her liver was too big to put the band on her stomach and they had to pull out and reschedule! Worst nightmare!!!

Judy---

I had Cynthia (LiveLoveLaugh) giving me the heads up on most things, but they talked in the seminar about the other things one would need. I figured that I would get EVERYTHING done that I could think of or had heard of so that my insurance wouldn't have an issue with granting the surgery. Plus, it would make the time smaller between having the 3 hour appointment and meeting with Dr. Hoffman and then getting a date. My sister called me "Ms. Enterprising." It's been an interesting road, especially delivering the jug of urine to the lab, how embarassing! :):laugh:

Now I just have to get my butt out of bed and get to Delaware Park on Saturdays!!! It's so hard because all week I get up at 5:15 and my weekend sleep is SO precious since my dog will never sleep past 8:00. So I may make the 9:00 meet and chat. Where do you guys end up to do that part of the morning?

--Sally

Hi Sally, we walk around twice, usually finish about 9:30 am. We start at the Juicery and finish there as well so if any one will stick around to talk it would be there. So far there has not been a formal talk session, except while we are walking. I know some of the ladies are interested in a "sit and chat". I am not sure when that will start though. We probably come by the Juicery at about 8:45 or so, you could join us for the second time around. I usually take off right after the walk because camping season is starting and I usually head out to the campgrounds after picking up my dog.

I have a lot of tests completed as well, just by chance. I am hoping for an August surgery if not sooner. See you Saturday.

i lost about 12 lbs preop and dr hoffman was pleased with that- he said it shrunk my liver nicely. you can watch the surgery on youtube and can see why they need the liver to shrink

Val--

Thanks for that info, I keep forgetting about the South Beach thing, I have to get my sister's book from her! 5% shouldn't be a big deal for me, whenever I go back on Weight Watchers I drop 13 lbs. in a week. :smile: But I know they want to get my liver down. I think I also might put myself on a liquid diet for 2 weeks before my surgery in order to REALLY shrink my liver...I just read from a girl on the boards that she went in, they put the scopes in, and her liver was too big to put the band on her stomach and they had to pull out and reschedule! Worst nightmare!!!

Judy---

I had Cynthia (LiveLoveLaugh) giving me the heads up on most things, but they talked in the seminar about the other things one would need. I figured that I would get EVERYTHING done that I could think of or had heard of so that my insurance wouldn't have an issue with granting the surgery. Plus, it would make the time smaller between having the 3 hour appointment and meeting with Dr. Hoffman and then getting a date. My sister called me "Ms. Enterprising." It's been an interesting road, especially delivering the jug of urine to the lab, how embarassing! :smile::laugh:

--Sally

Sally, did you get your 3 hour blitz yet? I am wondering if you were able to schedule a surgery date. I have done almost all the testing and have insurance approval, but today they told me it will still be a few months! I am annoyed to say the least. Just wondering if they are going to drag it out for you or if you will get a surgery date asap after your 3 hr meeting. I am hoping for early July, two months away, and they are giving me a hard time about that. I am not sure what to do. I have started looking into some other places. I really want Hoffman to do it, but I do not like this "one month between each appointment thing". It is such a waste of everyone's mind. It almost seems like the BGH has not made a real commitment to this program. Heck, I was ready for a hysterectomy in two weeks and I had never met the doctor. So why six months? I just don't get it. Perhaps the 3 hour visit will make sense. Call me after yours so I can see if they made anything clear or explained the delays.

Take care.

Hey Judy,

My 3 hour blitz isn't until the 19th...I'm of the mind that if they can't schedule my appointment with Dr. Hoffman that day, then I'm going to call Dr. Hoffman's office directly. I don't like this month thing between everything either...first they lost my application (which I sent early February), by the time I was able to reach anyone about not hearing anything it was March, then they couldn't get me into the March seminar so I had to wait until April, then they can't get me in for my 3 hour thing until May...seriously, this is getting a little nutso. I know that they're overwhelmed, but I'm feeling the same way you are. I'm still willing to do everything but it's just disheartening. I feel like I'm losing precious time because they say not to start a diet until you have your 3 hour blitz...it's driving me nuts. I'm going to be really vocal at my 3 hour about getting an appointment ASAP.

You've gone to Delaware Park...and there are others out there too...has Dr. Hoffman said anything about all of the waiting?

Hey Judy,

My 3 hour blitz isn't until the 19th...I'm of the mind that if they can't schedule my appointment with Dr. Hoffman that day, then I'm going to call Dr. Hoffman's office directly. I don't like this month thing between everything either...first they lost my application (which I sent early February), by the time I was able to reach anyone about not hearing anything it was March, then they couldn't get me into the March seminar so I had to wait until April, then they can't get me in for my 3 hour thing until May...seriously, this is getting a little nutso. I know that they're overwhelmed, but I'm feeling the same way you are. I'm still willing to do everything but it's just disheartening. I feel like I'm losing precious time because they say not to start a diet until you have your 3 hour blitz...it's driving me nuts. I'm going to be really vocal at my 3 hour about getting an appointment ASAP.

You've gone to Delaware Park...and there are others out there too...has Dr. Hoffman said anything about all of the waiting?

Thanks for all you said, it helped me a lot. I was feeling like such a loser patient because of all my whining and although I am not glad you are having the same problems, it will help me to keep from thinking it is just me. Yes, I did talk to Hoffman about the delay and he thinks we can move things along after the initial visit, which is the same plan that you suggested. I plan on asking for a surgery date at the initial visit if all my tests are completed which I think they will be. You will be the pathmaker for me I guess. Funny, we started the whole process at the same time, back in February. We talked about you today too, as I thought he knew you. You have not met him right? He will help you to move it along once he meets you. My initial appointment is June 2. I already have insurance approval.

I do not know what the deal is with a month here and a month there, but I think between you and I we will surely get an answer. I have shrink and colonoscopy this month and then hopefull I will be set.

Hope to see you at the park one of these days. I would walk during the week if I am in town, would even come out your way. Keep in touch. You are only a little over a week away from your new life, I am so happy for you!