Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Hi all I'm back after being sick since last Thursday!! I have a really bad cold/flu thing!! My first this fall/winter and it's got a good hold on me!! No fill yet for me!! But, I have noticed I'm eating more food (size portion) and the holiday is coming and I find myself having to really fight off the urge for candy (Chocolate) and so far I'm still in the game plan. I may need to call sooner and see about a fill!! I still have restriction but not so sure if I can make the 6 week plan we made for my next visit!! I just would hate to fall to flat on my face if this slight increase in the amout at each meal will make a huge difference. I sill have my will power going for me as well..... I'm excited for our soon to be bandsters and I wish you can make April for your seminar. I hate that you have to wait so long!!

Edited by LiveLoveLaugh

Hello all,

Its been a while, I have recieved and finished my paper work. I also have my doctor on board. My first appointment is this Friday and I can not wait.

That's awesome!!! So many new to be bandsters I love it!! So we meet this Sat. 3/22/08 at Delaware Park. We mentioned the juice Bar as a spot to meet @ 8:00am I'm not sure the exact location of this place. Directions would be wonderful so we all know and we won't have anyone left behind!!!

Hi Everyone,

I finally met the good Dr. Hoffman! He is very much passionate about the LAP band systems and is even offering the Realize (i'm going with the LAP). I gave my paperwork to my Dr and she's going to fill out what she needs and send it in.... now the waiting begins :cheers2:.

Unfortunantly I wont be able to meet with you guys at Delaware...maybe next time!

I'm glad you got the ball rolling. I don't know which band I am going to go with.

ok...I found th eweb site.!!Yah!! It is noce to have others to talk to who went throught the procedure. The walk on Saturday at "9am" was fun. It was fun getting together and talking to you guys. We should really do something more often with those of us who went through it and those that want more info, and I was thinking more on the lines of a social gathering, not a "scheduled meeting". ONce the warmer weather hits I think we should hit the beach!!

keep me posted on any further happenings/walks.

Teresa Hooper, banded 3/10/08

Great job all.... Yea I'm willing to meet up anytime..... I know once we got walking around the park it was harder to chat about our bands in detail. I did enjoy getting the walk in..... But, as you all know I'm a bigger bander and it's much easier on my treadmill at home (it seems) walking. Once I drop more weight and get my pace up to snuff I'll be able to keep up with everyone and talk more while doing it!! I enjoyed being part of the group and everyone looks fab and it's so wonderful having others share the same thing I'm going through the great, the good and the sometimes bad. Some eveings during the summer we could meet out for some drinks, outside coffee bar etc.... Nothing full of calories...... LOL, LOL, LOL

Morning Everyone ... I thought the walk in the park was a successful turnout, I'll be there next Saturday at 8:00am, but I feel the same way about not being able to speak with everyone while walking. We could always meet at Delaware Park and sit on the grass and talk .. of course only if the sun is out! I TOTALLY enjoyed meeting everyone! Cynthia, we never exchanged information, so I have no way of getting in touch with you. Can't wait to the weather breaks .. the sky is the limit for us all!! :wub:

Hello Im just looking into this surgery. Could you tell me a little about what I can expect

New to this thread and the Lap Band community. No band as of yet but am really considering. Interested in learning about most experienced and trusted doctor to perform the procedure. I am going this alone and not telling anyone right at the moment and would like any information. Have read previous comments which were helpful. Is there a good informational site known about the entire procedure from beginning to end. One person mentioned South Beach diet. Was that the doctors preference and are there other diets used. How much weight do you have to lose before the surgery, and many more questions or is it better to just get going?:confused2:

I'm also in Buffalo, NY. I called BCH just the other day for the paperwork. I asked about Dr. Posner, but this thread is making me lean toward Dr. Hoffman instead! He sounds fantastic.

Wish me luck.