Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

The south beach diet is recommended or a low GI diet. Which is what the South Beach is. I was told that I had to lose 5 percent of total weight.

Called the number for Malissa but was redirected to another number but I did send for information packet. Am already on my own diet but only lost 10 pounds and regained 6 in one month. Wondering if a different diet tan South Beach is recommended for diabetics. Good luck all who have done or r close to doing.:sneaky:

Good Morning Everyone ! Saturday is suppose to be a BEAUTIFUL, SUNNY day, good day to meet at Delaware Park @ 8:00am, meet at the same place (juice bar) ... I'll be there! Have to take advantage of those nice sunny days in Buffalo! Hope to see you there! :)

Hi everyone!!!

I had such a great time reading this thread!!! I've been communicating with Marietta at BGH; my first application (that I sent in early February) was lost at the hospital and by the time I realized that, I had missed the March seminar date. I'm now scheduled for this Thursday night, going with my sis (who is my support person), and my other sis wants to check it out and I'm so very very excited!!

So, do you get to "pick" your doctor? I definitely am going to champion the Lap-Band even though they will push gastric bypass for me. I like to see that Dr. Hoffman will stick by your decision, because I was thinking that if the doctors pushed the bypass that I might cave.

I've had quite a journey with all of this, my regular doctor was a complete bi**h with me about all of this, prompting me to not see her again once I had my paperwork into BGH...and as soon as I am approved for the surgery, I'm leaving her. I guess she's against any unnecessary surgeries, tests, etc. which I guess is how a D.O. is (she's not an M.D.). She claimed that I never talked to her about my weight. Um, what kind of doctor DOESN'T ASK? She has basically ignored it the whole time I've been her patient. Do you guys know if it's a major deal if you don't really have 3 years documented "trying?" I've been trying since the age of 12! I definitely need something to help me in my goal to become healthy, and at least I've proven to myself that I can lose the weight in a healthy manner.

I can't believe that it's all really happening!! After the seminar, will I be able to call on Friday and start scheduling appointments? And can you usually get all of the appointments on the same day (just because I'd have to take 3 different sick days for them, and that would suck)?

I'm so psyched to be a part of this community!!! You're just all so inspiring!

Wow, anyway, that was a pretty long post! :ohmy:

--Sally :crying:

Edited by bloomerific

Bloomerific your in the right place..... Welcome to the best journey of your life...... I'm in the same boat as you weighing in at over #400. Your not alone and yes the other doctor's will try and push the Bypass..... Not our buddy Dr. Hoffman if you walk in wanting the Band he'll educate you on that and help you understand how wonderful this tool is for weight loss........ We all have been on many diets in our life time and just fill out the three year diet history as such, the plan dates, weight lost, weight gained back etc....... Sometimes memory is tough so fill it in as to what you need it to be!!! I love my band and the good doctor helping me reach my goals to become the healthy slimmer person I know I'm going to be!!! Dr. Hoffman knows his stuff when it comes to the band and is here for us to make it happen. Meet him and you'll know he's the doc for you!! No detail, no question, no medical procedure will go past him without his full attention and good hearted concern. So jump on the band wagon we'll take ya for the best ride of your life............. Cynthia

Edited by LiveLoveLaugh

Sally, I'm sorry to hear that they lost your 1st application, but it WILL happen for you and once it does ... it will be the BEST decision you have ever made in your life. Definately, get Dr. Hoffman ... he's the best, insist on it!! I remember going to the orientation, it was a DEFINATELY eye opener for me, I never thought I was a statistic! WOW. Listen to everything that they have to say and try to talk to Hoffman after it. I'm glad you found our Chat-link!!

Cynthia - We missed you Saturday at the Park, hopefully you can make this Saturday! I asked Lisa @ Hoffman's office to call you and give you my #, did she? Hope your feeling better.

Well I will definitely be asking for Dr. Hoffman if Drs. Forbes & Posner would insist on gastric bypass. The procedure frightens me to no end, the idea of not absorbing Vitamins freaks me out---I just know that when I'm smaller, I'll stay smaller. I like to work out (I know, freak!) but I get frustrated and lazy because I can't do it to the amount that I would like. And since I've *always* been a big girl, I've never had the chance to really do active things, though I love to be outside and hike and whatnot. That stuff I can do, but I'd love to whitewater raft and climb and stuff. :thumbup:

Thank you all for being so welcoming...I can't wait until Thursday!!!

Question: do all three doctors attend the seminar?

--Sally

Edited by bloomerific

Hi Cheryl50 ... Dr. Hoffman is at Buffalo General Hospital - its the Comprehensive Weightloss Clinic on the 15th floor. He is the Best! 859-4024 (Lisa, his asst). He has been doing the LAP-BAND procedure for quite sometime. His passion for his patients is OVER-WHELMING! I'd definately give her a call to get the ball rolling.

Bloomerific .... All three (3) doctors speak for a brief moment. Dr. Forbes is the woman, Dr. Posner is one of the doctors and Dr. Hoffman has short light brown hair,nice smile. They all introduce themselves ... I have an appointment with Hoffman today ... I will mention your name, so introduce yourself to him, if you can. Good luck!

Loraine, thanks! :puke: I will DEFINITELY introduce myself to him, I would love to get my appointments all set up ASAP so I can have my surgery done ASAP. :) :) Losing the required amount of weight will probably not be a big deal for me, losing has never been the problem, it's the keeping it off that is. Which is why we're ALL doing this. :) :)

Oh my gosh, I'm so excited!!

Edited by bloomerific

Loraine, How are you..... I missed you guys as well... Out sick with the flu for a few days...Much better today... Hoping the kids won't get it!!

So going to see our buddy Hoffman today!! I go back next week the 8th for my first fill!! I can tell I need one at this stage. Do you have any fills yet??? Let me know how it goes etc........ Did you have a lot of people show up Sat. WHat a nice day too.... I did get a call from Lisa Friday on my cell and she left your information. Sorry I was a bit to sick over the weekend to think about using the information. I'd love to get a social Calendar going for the spring/Summer for some fun also!!! Whatcha think??

Hey Cynthia, my appointment with Hoffman got switched to the 8th. He is not feeling well today. I don't know if I need a fill yet, it would be my 1st if I get one on the 8th. Call me anytime, we can start to put the Event Calendar together, otherwise are you planning on coming to the park on this Saturday? I'll be there as long as it doesn't rain or snow. I hope your feeling better.

Sally ..... don't worry...I talked to Dr. Hoffman's office and gave him your name, so make sure you introduce yourself to him on Thursday, you can even mention my name to jog his memory. Also, I don't know where you live, but we have been meeting every Saturday at Delaware park to walk, including Hoffman. 8:00am at the juice Bar

Loraine--thank you soooo much!!! :tt1: I wish I'd found this website months ago, I could've had my surgery by now, lol. :unsure:

I live in Lockport, and I will definitely start coming to Delaware Park with you guys! Of course, this weekend I have a dress fitting (which by the time my best friend gets married in September, I won't fit in it at all!!!) at 10:00 a.m. and I wouldn't be able to get back and forth before then, so this weekend's out but I will definitely be joining up! Would my dog be allowed? :scared2: She's sort of well-behaved. She'd be fine with the walking, and would be fine for a while while in the juice bar! :lol:

I had dreams of buying clearance clothes at Target last night, must be a sign! :frown:

okay - sent the papework in (via fax and mail), sent letters to my pcp and gyno (because I see him far more often and for much longer than the pcp so his records are older and have more info) requesting they send their records to BGH (per the letter).

What now? Do I wait to be contacted? Should I call Hoffman/Posner's office? Is there anything else I can do right now?