Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

No, unfortunately I have not met Dr. Hoffman yet, I tried during my seminar but he wasn't feeling well and kept getting called to the ER. And I haven't been able to get out to the park, and this weekend I'll be out of town...it's hard for me to get out there so early! With regards to speeding things up after the initial, did he mean after the 3 hr. or after his initial visit?

I hope we all can help each other out through all of the red tape!

Colonoscopy??!!!!??? They never mentioned that...dang....

No, unfortunately I have not met Dr. Hoffman yet, I tried during my seminar but he wasn't feeling well and kept getting called to the ER. And I haven't been able to get out to the park, and this weekend I'll be out of town...it's hard for me to get out there so early! With regards to speeding things up after the initial, did he mean after the 3 hr. or after his initial visit?

I hope we all can help each other out through all of the red tape!

Colonoscopy??!!!!??? They never mentioned that...dang....

After the 3 hour blitz he felt he could move things up, so do like you said, ask for an appointment with him right away, if they do not help you page him or call Lisa or go up to her office, 319. Don't worry about the colonoscopy, you are under 50. I am the oldie but goodie of the group so I get the honors. I am pretty sure you will not need one. It would be so cool if we could get banded the same day. If you get a surgery appointment let me know and I will ask for it as well. It seems like I am running only a week or two behind you.

He said he will be at the park next Saturday, you would get some time with him there as he is usually careful about spending time with each one of us as we walk.

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a long time. Anyway I finally completed all my testing, had my 3 hour blitz and meeting with Dr. Hoffman this week. Hope to have a surgery date!!!!

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a long time. Anyway I finally completed all my testing, had my 3 hour blitz and meeting with Dr. Hoffman this week. Hope to have a surgery date!!!!

Hi, how long ago did you have your three hour blitz? I am just wondering how long from blitz to meeting with surgeon. I have my 3 hour on June 2.

good luck.

Have you ever been to the park to walk on Saturdays with Dr. Hoffman? I just wonder if we met.

Good for you Brubear!! Hope it comes quickly for you...I just went to the seminar the beginning of May and am still waiting for the first appointment

I also saw Dr. Lelito. My cost was only $15 too. Your insurance must not cover him.

I canceled with Suburban and made an appointment with Dr. Lelito as he takes my insurance, CHAMPVA. I am not sure how much I will have to pay for him but it is not much. I see him on May 30, a few days before my 3 hr blitz.

MY 3 hour blitz was March 13. I was told I had to have a sleep study, bloodwork, urine test, and psych appointment. I had that done within 2 weeks. I then had to have a second appointment with the dietician which was April 16. I tried to see the doctor earlier but I was told I had to wait 2 months from my 3 hour blitz to see the doctor. Hopefully you will have better luck with the scheduling then I did.

I also went to Dr. Lelito. He is good. I had a $20.00 copay to pay at time of visit, but I had Independent Health.

I have yet to make it to the walk in the park, I have two little ones so sometimes its not so easy to get a family member to watch them so early.

Edited by brubear

Yes, you must ask for Dr. Hoffman or you will go into the lotto of the three doctors. What they do is after the seminar you attend they pick 1. goes to Posner, 2. goes to Forbes and 3. goes to Hoffman... and the number starts over again so every third person on the list goes to Dr. Hoffman....Anyone who wants Dr. Hoffman should let me know by private message with your name and other information and I have a contact @ BGH where I can send your information so that they can make it a priority for you to be seen by Dr. Hoffman from the very start. SO if your gun ho on seeing him you must make it your priority to note that choice. You as the patient have the right ot choose you doctor no matter WHAT noone on the staff can tell you other wise... YOU MUST VOICE YOUR CHOICE when making your first appointment after the seminar has been attended!!!! Or even mention when checking into the seminar... Can't hurt!!

HI Loraine - Honey you hot mama... Man your looking fabs when I saw you Tue. I'm so proud of us... Even the Boss man is looking so good and healthy!! Man can you belive it's taking two months out to see our Dr. Hoffman??? Weird huh or he's getting that popular!!

Edited by LiveLoveLaugh

MY 3 hour blitz was March 13. I was told I had to have a sleep study, bloodwork, urine test, and psych appointment. I had that done within 2 weeks. I then had to have a second appointment with the dietician which was April 16.

Brubear...how come you had to go back for a 2nd dietician appointment? Was that to check your weight or what?

I went for my psych today, he told me that BGH has "their own" psych that they use and he asked how I came across him, and I told him it was you guys on this website! :wink2: So who knows if he'll come by "looking!" But thanks for the referral, guys--Dr. Lelito was really nice and welcoming, especially when I told him that my PCP was a tool. :) Ha ha. :)

So--that means all I've got is my 3 hour blitz next Monday! Unbelievable! I'm hoping that I can get squeezed into Dr. Hoffman's schedule ASAP after that. I just wish that I could meet him prior to my blitz...but being out of town this coming weekend does not help that plan! Of course I have to have all of my tests faxed and all that jazz as well. But it's all just so exciting! :)

Yes, you must ask for Dr. Hoffman or you will go into the lotto of the three doctors. What they do is after the seminar you attend they pick 1. goes to Posner, 2. goes to Forbes and 3. goes to Hoffman... and the number starts over again so every third person on the list goes to Dr. Hoffman....Anyone who wants Dr. Hoffman should let me know by private message with your name and other information and I have a contact @ BGH where I can send your information so that they can make it a priority for you to be seen by Dr. Hoffman from the very start. SO if your gun ho on seeing him you must make it your priority to note that choice. You as the patient have the right ot choose you doctor no matter WHAT noone on the staff can tell you other wise... YOU MUST VOICE YOUR CHOICE when making your first appointment after the seminar has been attended!!!! Or even mention when checking into the seminar... Can't hurt!!

HI Loraine - Honey you hot mama... Man your looking fabs when I saw you Tue. I'm so proud of us... Even the Boss man is looking so good and healthy!! Man can you belive it's taking two months out to see our Dr. Hoffman??? Weird huh or he's getting that popular!!

Brubear and Lorraine, did you have to have a second dietician meeting?

Sally, at least you will probably have it in July. I did mention you to him so he is aware that you have asked for him. I will tell him when I see him about the 2 month thing. I am trying to quit fighting them all, but we will all be curious about the outcome of your blitz. Le tus know!!

it is a great store to work at, actually i was able to buy shirts at christopher and banks- some shirts i am down to a size 14, yahoo!

Yes you have to go to a 2nd dietician appt one month after your initial visit. My 2nd appt is tomorrow with Jeanne.