Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Veronica,

I hope your appts at 8am so you can be out by 1pm hahaha!

OK BUgs and Val, today is thurs..

bugs r u prego...???

val is your stomach where it should be...????

Lets here from ya were all waiting for wed, and today is thurs...lol

Nope I'm not prego

Nope I'm not prego

I'm sorry...:)

actually i was out by noon...but not good news, i have a prolapse so it is surgery for me hopefully, have to wait for insurance approval

actually i was out by noon...but not good news, i have a prolapse so it is surgery for me hopefully, have to wait for insurance approval

Oh no val, im sorry, it must be a mild one since it can wait? so that is maybe a good thing. are they sure it wont go back into place since your not having any symptoms?

i still cant eat much even though i am totally unfilled and i have to be very careful of what i eat. im only on liquids and soft foods

So honestly.....

Who after getting the lap band would recommend it to friends and family???

I would love to hear everyones opions on this, it seems to me that its more trouble than its worht and I dont even have the problems that some of you ladies have encountered.

Let me know!!!!!!!!!!

So honestly.....

Who after getting the LAP-BAND® would recommend it to friends and family???

I would love to hear everyones opions on this, it seems to me that its more trouble than its worht and I dont even have the problems that some of you ladies have encountered.

Let me know!!!!!!!!!!

You know Rain, i have totally thought about that lately, and some times I wonder how much was band and how much was diet, cause since i fell off my carb free diet, i am gaining my weight back, and after all ive been thru, even people who know ive got the band say they would never do it. I thought you go get the band, find the sweet spot and your good to go forever more....not this too tight too loose, more surgery, heart burn, stuck, pbing, yadda yadda yadda.:)

And to answer your question, no, i would never recommend it to my family or friends. i think the sleeve would probably be the way to go now and if i had the choice at the time and knew what i know about the band, thats exactly what i would have done...

Edited by vicki's band

i still cant eat much even though i am totally unfilled and i have to be very careful of what i eat. im only on liquids and soft foods

are you losing or gaining weight or just staying the same,,just curious with the liquid/soft diet.

actually i lost 5 lbs. but when i was liquids after surgery i lost 13 lbs the first week. me, i have no regrets with getting the band, this is a little bump in the road but ill get over it

Another update...

My RNY was completed on Friday by Dr. Caruana. I am so pleased that I decided to do this and while Dr. Posner put me through hell, it was a sign that the band was not going to work for me.

I will say that the surgery was more painful than expected but recovery was very quick...very and that is with three young kids including twins.

Thanks again for going on this roller coaster ride with me...what a nightmare with a happy ending.

Another update...

My RNY was completed on Friday by Dr. Caruana. I am so pleased that I decided to do this and while Dr. Posner put me through hell, it was a sign that the band was not going to work for me.

I will say that the surgery was more painful than expected but recovery was very quick...very and that is with three young kids including twins.

Thanks again for going on this roller coaster ride with me...what a nightmare with a happy ending.

Yahoo, Renee, so happy for you, dont be a stranger, your still family to us bandsters, keep us posted on your recovery and wt loss.....:thumbup:

actually i lost 5 lbs. but when i was liquids after surgery i lost 13 lbs the first week. me, i have no regrets with getting the band, this is a little bump in the road but ill get over it

O.K. so i am ambivilent with my feeling re the band, i am soooo glad i lost the wt, i am pissed at myself for gaining 25 back and i just want to get on my way to goal again, but until i have restriction, i cant seem to stay on track, eating everything in site and cant stop myself,,i need a fill. june 2 hopefully...:thumbup:

So honestly.....

Who after getting the LAP-BAND®® would recommend it to friends and family???

Let me know!!!!!!!!!!

Well, although I had (still have heartburn issues not related to the band), I would have chosen the band. I LOVE my BAND ..when I had to have most of the Fluid removed and the hunger pangs started coming back *fiercely* thats when I could tell the difference between being banded and not.

Hopefully, nothing will happen with my band but if it did and I have second choice, it would definately be the Gastric Sleeve. From my understanding, the part of the stomach they removed makes most of the hunger hormone and the stomach does'nt stretch back out the same.

Good question Rain!