Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 3rd - Anyone Else?

Hi all;

I'm a March 3rd also and go for my nutrition class today. I am so ready for this.

I have only 3 days of liquid diet I think. Being banded by Tom Brown in Denver and my partner is getting banded too. Self pay $9,900 x 2 Ouch!

It will be worth it however since we are both starting to have significant physical problems.

More later- good luck to all!:biggrin:

Sadie

Hi Sadie! Congratulations! Glad to have another resource to share experiences with after getting banded on March 3rd. I'm a little nervous but ready to get done!

OUCH!!! Two of you self paying. I'm sorry about that but what a great investment for you both!!!

I'll be talking to you soon!

Terri

Sadie11,

It will be nice to have the support of your partner through the process. My husband wanted to have the procedure done, too. His insurance wouldn't cover it. He is planning on dieting with me and trying to do it without a lapband.

I have been on my liquid diet for almost 2 weeks. I was suppose to do it for two weeks, but I started a couple of days early because I am a teacher and I didn't want to get sick the first day of the liquid diet while I was at school. Anyway, I have alreay lost 15 pounds. The initial weight loss has really got me motivated and ready for March 3!

Counting down the days!

Wow, there is quite a few of us. I am scheduled for Tuesday March 4th. I have been on Optifast since Feb 19. I too miss chewing and texture. These shakes taste nasty even with vanilla flavoring. I also take a slimfast at night as my dinner. Last night a I bought an Atkins brand one and I had this morning for Breakfast, it tasted like Mocha coffee, not bad but strange after taste.

I keep thinking the same thing, this will not be forever, this will not be forever, but the dayssss aarrreee sooooo looonnngggg!!!! especially at night. BUt I take it one day at a time.

As a previous poster mentioned, my doctor also is using the REALIZE band on me. I super excited..... I didn't know it's prefilled. I have my preop visit with him on Monday, so I will definitely ask. I do know that I am on a clear liquid diet for 2weeks after the surgery.

I am so happy for these boards. Everyone here offers so much support.

Thank you ALL!!!

We are almost there everyone! :biggrin2: 3 more days! Starting clear liquid tomorrow-Friday.

We have to leave the house at 4:30 am on Monday- Yikes- glad to be finally at this point.

Best to everybody next week! Be sure to check in and let us know how you are doing.

I wish you success on your food journey!

Sadie from Colorado

Yesterday, I finally met the nutritionist. I too have to start my clear liquid diet on today. I think this is going to be a very long weekend. But the benefit will be worth it. I am the first one of the day for the band. I have to be there around 5am. Let’s get it on!

:biggrin2:

i'm skedded for noon on monday. damn, it's getting close. oddly, i don't actually have to start my liquid diet until sunday. go figure.

good luck everyone. talk to you on the other side!

Had my pre-op consult on Thursday and they actually changed my surgery time from 9am to 7:30 am. I have to be at the hospital at 6am.

I'll be sending good vibes to all of you who are also taking this journey on Monday.

Incidentally - still no liquid diet for me. I just can't eat anything to heavy or rich on Sunday and absolutely nothing after midnight.

Whimsy,

We have the same diet... Curious we have such an easy diet before hand. Oh well... Im sending you wonderful vibes for a speedy recovery from surgery.

Hoping we have great weight loss and get super healthy.

Jules

I am scheduled for March 3rd too! It's Saturday night now and while I had planned on heading out for a nice last supper so-to-speak, those plans didn't work out and so I am just chillin' at home. Tomorrow I get a full Breakfast, however, but after that it's all Clear Liquids. Wishing everybody luck and an easy recovery. Let's touch base here as soon as you all feel up to it. I'd love to compare notes and experiences.

I am scheduled for 3/19, have to go for final medical clearance on 3/3 and pre op visit with surgeon on 3/6

surgery with Dr. Gail Wynn, Newark, DE

good luck to all

Here we go!!

Out of the house tomorrow at 4:30am and into surgery at 7:30am. I will be so glad to get this over with.

I can't wait to eat something, anything after this 3 day fast! I've followed the instructions to the letter. Something i plan on continuing. Lost 8.5lbs already. And down a BMI too. Very encouraging.

BTW be careful eating too many things with Splenda- made me very sick!

Luck to all us March 3rd's and hope it goes well for all of you. Let us know how you did.

Sadie