Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Exercise Challenge

Salsa and Texas!!! Your both doing great!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up Ladies!!!!!

Great Job!!!

I am not a fan of the Stair MAster either...i like running and bikeing and swimming too much for that :smile:

I cant do Eliptikill either.

Today : Ran 30min

Spin Class : 45mins

Late for work : again!

candy Bars consumed last night: 2 (i know i know)

Temperture in Wisconsin : FREAKING FREEZIN!

Wow - you guys are really burning it up!

I have a confession - I haven't been to the gym in a few weeks. I know, I know.... Been focusing on other stuff in life right now and the motivation for the gym is super-low. I also have this knack of getting away from something and not wanting to go back, even though I know I'll enjoy it when I do go. I've got a million excuses (want to get home and get the dog out, not wanting to leave if i go home first, knowing I'll cancel my membership if I get to move to CA, etc. etc.)

On the other hand, it's getting dark later now, so I'll probably be back to daily walks at the dog park soon, which is good exercise too.

By the way, Daddy, I was over in your area this weekend (in Wausau). It was D*MN cold!!!! It was in MN too, but sheesh - we need a break!

Hi Guys,

Everybody is doing a fabulous job this month!!! Congrats!!!

I thought I would check in, I am SO sick right now. It started on Monday with a cough, which I didn't pay much attention to, but by Monday night I had chills and a fever. Yesterday I spent the entire day in bed, with barely a waking moment.

I am feeling slightly better today, no more chills or fever, and I might try to get a very light workout in later, if I feel up to it (but right now I am not feeling very up to it, to be honest).

Will check in later if I manage to get a workout in today.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Crazy Ates February Exercise Challengekaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

7/28 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

Pizzi, keep moving. Push through all those excuses for not making it too the gym. You've come so far and you're getting so close to goal. Don't lose sight of that now. Even if you only go for 30 minutes, you will benefit tremendously. Be good to yourself.

Whosya, I haven't had a candy bar since being banded. I'm afraid if I ever start I won't be able to stop. Moderation has not been my strong suit in the past. I wonder if I'll ever feel like I can trust myself with candy? Maybe its better if I don't.

Frangi, I hope you did not workout today. You will get much more benefit from resting until you feel strong again. A couple of days off will not hurt you.

Salsa, good job. You're going to be at goal in no time.

I did my strength training today and 30 minutes on the treadmill.

Crazy Ates February Exercise Challenge

10/20 Cardio Sessions

3/8 Weight Sessions

I got in another 1.5 hours, but it was lackluster. I didn't run because my legs are really sore today. I rode the bike for most of it. Tomorrow I will be back to the regular workout.

I haven't had a candy bar either, though I am beginning to think that my Protein bars aren't much better. I am going to stop eating them daily and instead only eat them every other day! I have really learned to make the right food choices and the substitutions that I have found seem to be working for me. It is really nice to finally realize that all food is not the enemy...the WRONG food is...and it is a battle that I am winning.

We can do this. I am a food cop on the July board, so I am just going to remind you that 650 calories takes at least an hour to work off in the gym...I know I don't want to work out an additional hour. I think the phrase goes "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" well I have changed it for me "nothing tastes good enough to workout an additional hour!" Just a thought. Forget what happened today or yesterday and move on to tomorrow...a new day...new food choices...and yes MORE exercise!

Alright Salsa! Only got in 20 mins on the eliptical (but I like whosya's spelling better "eliptokill"!:biggrin2:) this morning. I'll try to do a tape to make up for it.

Talk to you later!

"Eliptokill," that's funny :mad:

Hi Guys,

I'm back. Wow!!! Was that ever awful! I'm not sure what I had, I assume the flu, but I was in bed sick for two solid days.

Anyhow, I got an easy, gentle workout in today (nothing too strenuous Becky, per your advice) -- it felt good to get out there again.

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone:heart::rolleyes::heart:

kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6100.gifCrazy Ates February Exercise Challengekaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

8/28 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

So proud of myself. My knees were bothering me last night and I was starting to try to convince myself to take the night off, but I fought off the urge. Did 40 minutes on the elliptical and treadmill.

It was funny, I usually pack my gym bag as soon as I come home from working out. So, I get to the gym and realize I never threw in a t-shirt. So I exercised in my undershirt. I wasn't going to use that as an excuse to go home :thumbup: So I wasn't fashionable for one night. Oh well.

Crazy Ates February Exercise Challenge

4 / 20 Exercise Sessions

Lol on the undershirt....hey least you didnt have to work out in your bra.

YOu guys are doing great!! Yeah i stole the Elipikill word from someone:)!

Ok for you ppl that live in the South heres a pic from my YMCA this morning. Not good quality but you can see the snow pilled higher than the cars.

post-220194-1381313647912_thumb.jpg

Hang in there, Daddy! Hopefully that storm system coming this weekend will blow south of you!

We're looking forward to temperatures above 32 degrees by tomorrow(compared to -5 this morning). It's amazing how much better the thirties feel when it's actually 40 degrees warmer than the day before!!

Frangi, glad to hear you're on the mend!

Thanks for the well-earned kick in the pants from everyone - I'll try to get to the d*mn gym this weekend. (grumble, grumble grumble)

Got in my 1.5 hours yesterday and hoping to squeeze in an hour today. Don't know though because I have students that need to finish tests and then my BF bought tickets to the play "Defending the Caveman" tonight. So I have to find the time to workout somewhere between that.

Whosya - That looks like too much snow to me. Supposedly we live where it snows too, but we haven't gotten much this year. I was glad for it early on because I don't know how to drive in it, however I have had some lessons now and it doesn't scare AS MUCH anymore. But I don't want that much snow unless it cancels school!

Pizzicato - I am going to be at the gym Saturday too so when you don't want to go (because you know you won't) just think of me there and perhaps it will be like having a workout buddy!

Frangi - Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I too felt better after getting to the gym when I was sick.

gometros - I agree, better than in a bra. I know if I had to work out in my bra I would scare off the rest of the clients cause I am not pretty under the clothes. Besides, who needs to be fashionable at the gym. It always amazes me when people come in these designer workout clothes with their make up on and not a hair out of place. Do they think they are going to last like that, cause I certainly don't. I drag my butt out of there looking like I just got run over by a train!

Alright back to work I go. Seriously I would rather be at the gym than here today. The kids have another 3 day weekend and they are UNRULY!

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for the well wishes -- :eek: Today I am feeling much better, and I did manage to get my one hour of cardio in.

Sandy, good for you. No excuses -- that's the way to do it!!!!

Pizzi, have fun at the gym this weekend. Remember how excited you were when you signed up a few months ago? You know you belong to a great gym, so enjoy!

Whoysa, just looking at your photo makes me shiver. On a positive note, we're halfway through February, so it won't be too much longer until Spring!!!!

Salsa enjoy the play, and let us know how it was!

Have a great night everyone!!!

kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6100.gifCrazy Ates February Exercise Challengekaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

9/28 Exercise Sessions

weight.png