Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Exercise Challenge

Val, try not to be so down on yourself. You've done a fantastic job so far. We are going to have up and down days. So many factors influence our weight on a day to day basis. Like you said, too much sodium can really screw with you. Building muscle, which you certainly are doing, is a factor too. If you need to make a few adjustments to your diet, you can do it. Look what you've accomplished so far. Remember how fantastic you feel? Don't let a number on the scale mess with your mind. Just keep working your band and your body and you'll be at goal before you know it.

I managed to get in an hour of cardio and 20 minutes of strength training today. Frangi, I hope you are right about quick results with the addition of weight training. I'm going to need some motivation to stay with it.

Crazy Ates February Exercise Challenge

5/20 Cardio Sessions

2/8 Weight Sessions

:eek::biggrin::eek:BREAKING NEWS!:):biggrin::eek:

I RAN 1 MILE TODAY!!!

That's right I made it one full mile today and didn't die. I wasn't certain that I was going to be alive when I was finished, but I kept going. That in itself is huge but considering that I then went on to walk 3 more miles (varied the incline and speed) and then did 30 more minutes on the bike. I tried for 2 hours today because I am so far behind, but that is a really long time to work out so I am going to have to just workout for 1.5 hours for the rest of this month to make up the time I have missed in the last few days. Oh well! I don't care, I RAN A FULL MILE TODAY. I have been waiting to do that since 4th grade!:eek::biggrin:

WOW Salsa!!!!!!!!!!! Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats amazing you did a mile today!!! Im proud of u.

Today i did 30 mins running and 45 min spin class.

Still 5 mins late to work ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I did an hour of cardio this morning. I skipped the last couple of days so it felt good to get in a vigorous workout today.

6/20 Cardio Sessions

2/8 Weight Sessions

Frangi, Val, Dave, Salsa, etc., where is everybody? I'll start worrying if you don't all check in soon. Whosya, did you dig out and get to the gym?

I did my hour of cardio this a.m.

7/20 Cardio Sessions

2/8 Weight Sessions

Becky, thanks for thinking of me. I have been traveling since Wednesday and I just got home this evening. Keep up the good work! Yes, I do promise that you will start to see results from your weight training soon -- so stick with it and you will be very glad you did.

Whosya 10K run? Wow!!! Way to go :thumbup:!!!!

Val keep your spirits up. You are doing all the right things and the scale will start moving downward again very soon. I was on a plateau, and then I suddenly dropped 5 pounds in three days. I suspect that this is how it will go for you as well.

I got two workouts in while I was away, a 45 minute walk on Thursday, and a 2 hour hike on Friday. Tomorrow, back to my normal routine.

Have a great night everyone! It's good to be back in touch with my workout buddies!

kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6100.gifCrazy Ates February Exercise Challengekaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

7/28 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

Okay I have been so busy the last couple days that I have been sneaking in my workouts when I get the chance. I really don't think there is going to be anyway that I am going to get to my goal, but this month started out crappy when I was so sick. However I am still hitting the gym even though I haven't been posting. I should be back here on a regular basis tomorrow.

Becky and Whosya you are doing fabulous. Frangi welcome back!

Did a 25min run today with a 45min spin class. I think im going to do 5 days of this this week just to mix things up...although ill miss the swimming..(and the hot tub)

Hey Becky, frangi, Salsa, whosya, etc,

I have benn crazy for the past week but I am making to the gym! I don't know if I mentioned that besides being a full time mom, grandmom and worker, I am a fulltime student! Two papers due this week and I finished the last one this morning! Did a dance aerobics class yesterday and a pilates class today.

By the way, upping my Water, lowering my sodium seems to have done the trick. Those extra pounds from last week are gone plus some! :)

Keep up the good work everyone! Talk to you soon!

Val

Really weird. My shoulder was killing me on Friday. I could not lift my arm at all. I don't think it was related to eating or anything, since I didn't eat anything unusual or more than usual (just a yogurt and an apple). So I didn't get to work out on Friday. It was feeling better by Sunday, so I got my hour of treadmill and elliptical in. Then I went back onto the treadmill for 15 more minutes to try a more challenging setting.

3 / 20 Exercise Sessions

Plugging along here. I did an hour of cardio yesterday and today. Will lift weights tomorrow.

9/20 Cardio Sessions

2/8 Weight Sessions