Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Exercise Challenge

Val good job for getting to your early morning pilates class after such a late night -- High Five!

I got a one hour weight workout in this evening -- legs lower body.

Have a great night everyone!

kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6100.gifCrazy Ates February Exercise Challengekaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

3/28 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

Well Fran asked if i would start posting here and i figured why not.

I was banded August 6th 2007, so far i have lost 115 pounds and its soon to be my 6 month aniversry.

For today i did a 45 spin class and 40mins of weight lifting. I wish i could do more i just dont have the time before work to do it. And with 4 daughters there is not time after work...At the weekend i go a little longer.

I proud to be an August Bandster.

Hey Whosya, are you loving your band or what? You must be feeling great. Are you still losing as fast as you did the first few months? Congrats on your tremendous success.

Val, you really mean business. Kudos for the early morning dedication and the killer workout. I was thrilled that NY won too. I'm a sucker for the underdog.

I got in my cardio and I did a very basic beginners weight session for 20 minutes. Frangi, an hour of working the lower body sounds like torture to me right now. I bet you are really getting fit.

Crazy Ates February Exercise Challenge

4/20 Cardio Sessions

1/8 Weight Sessions

Whosyadaddy Welcome!

We're glad your joining us, but you are being far too modest. For those who haven't seen this post, look at what Whosya did yesterday......

4lbs is amazing Jess!!! Way to go!!1

I had a super workout today.... 60mins running yes 60!!! I made over 5 miles...10 min walk.....25 mins on the bike and 30 mins swimming laps..

That is the furthest i have ever run and it wasnt that bad.

Wow, talk about taking this to the next level! Perhaps you should think about starting a Whosyadaddy bootcamp!

Becky, I am SO happy that you started weight training!!!! Good for you!!! You'll be amazed at how quickly the muscles respond to resistance training, especially upper body -- and you will start to see the results of your efforts within just a few short weeks, I promise.

To answer your question, one hour of lower body is torture and it's funny you mention it because I was just talking to my trainer about this. Lower body is my problem area, as I tend to carry the majority of my weight there. The trainer was telling me that, for most people, working a "problem area" is usually the most difficult and challenging -- which makes sense, right?

Have a great night everyone!

kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6100.gifCrazy Ates February Exercise Challengekaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

3/28 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Hey thanks Texas and Fran!

To awnser your questions YES I LOVE MY BAND

I am still losing big most of the time. Usally 2-4 a week but i have been as high as 8 in a week sometimes.

THe biggest challenge was keeping my exercise up when i travel for work which is about 2 weeks a month right now. But i have a whole system for it now.

Whoyadaddy boot camp :) Lol. Sunday was my High day...i dont do that all the time but at least once a week i like to work myself up to a super workout.

Today : Ran 35 mins with 5 mins walk on each side for a total of 3.6miles.

Swam 20 mins of laps. I left the pool at 6.30am and i still didnt make it to work till 7.08. Got to shave my shower/change rountine somehow:)

In Jan i missed 2 days when i did not exercise and they were both day i had to go to church and then fly out in the afternoon for work. Did alot of Airport walking though :)

This month I'm gonna up my goal and really try to make it to the gym two times during the work week and make it four times a week. I did an hour of cardio on Sunday and then yesterday I had an appt. at an office a mile away from the train, a lot of it uphill. So I'm definitely counting that. One mile there and one mile back.

Crazy Ates February Exercise Challenge

2 / 20 Exercise Sessions

I didn't go to work today either because I am still sick. I am feeling better, but still not good enough to go and stand in front of 150 teenagers. So that means that starting tomorrow I am working out 1.5-2 hours a day. Thursday is going to be a bear because I have a 14 hour workday (We have conferences!). Well I will do my best. Good for everyone for keeping up. I actually miss working out.

Sandy, you're getting a good start on your workouts this month -- keep up the good work!

Salsa, I hope you are feeling better soon!

I got two workouts in today, one hour of cardio and one hour of weightlifting with the trainer (arms/upper boday today).

When I returned home from my cardio workout I was greeted by two huge iguanas flanking either side of my entrance so that I would have had to pass between them to get into the house.

Most of the year, I enjoy these creatures and usually they scamper off with no problems, but their strange behavior today indicates to me that it must be mating season (when iguanas tend to act in strange, and unpredictable ways) -- because these bad boys weren't moving.

They just sat there staring at me, probably saying in iguanese "Go ahead sweaty lady, make my day."

Being the total wimp that I am, I didn't take up the challenge, so I just sat there, baking in the sun until one of them finally decided to slowly saunter off.

The other one just sat there and continued to stare at me, and I thought I even detected a lascivious glint in his eye (you know, being the mating season and all), but I can't be certain of this.......

5/28 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Frangi that's funny!

Who'sya, you are an inspiration! I think I will add swimming to my workouts two times a week. Since my Pilates class is so early, I could hit the pool then and still make it to work by 9:30.

I got in some time on the recumbent bike, weights and abs today. Pilaters in the morning.

Take care all!

Val

Got another Pilates workout in today. I didn't make it to the pool but maybe tomorrow! I am feeling a little discouraged today. Those 4 lbs that I thought were Water on Monday are still there!:confused: I have to figure out what I need to change. I feel like I'm working out so hard and not getting results. I hope I don't sound overdramatic. My frineds say I'm a drama queen. I am trying to stay realistic and motivated but it gets hard when the scale is moving in the wrong direction. I know this is not my usual upbeat self but this is where I am right now.

Got another Pilates workout in today. I didn't make it to the pool but maybe tomorrow! I am feeling a little discouraged today. Those 4 lbs that I thought were Water on Monday are still there!:confused: I have to figure out what I need to change. I feel like I'm working out so hard and not getting results. I hope I don't sound overdramatic. My frineds say I'm a drama queen. I am trying to stay realistic and motivated but it gets hard when the scale is moving in the wrong direction. I know this is not my usual upbeat self but this is where I am right now.

I hear you Valstar! The last 3 days i havnt been eating right and it really gets to me. My advice: Join Sparkspeople and track everything you eat for the next week or 2! THat really helps get me back on track.

If you need accountability i will check your foods for you on there.

You can also track your exercise.

I know its a pain in the butt but when i track it i do way better.

Thanks for the response. I actually have been tracking. I average between 1000 and 1200 calories a day. I did however just go through my food chart and I realize that my sodium intake has been very high and I realize I have not been taking my Vitamins and meds the way i should. I have been eating a lot of Soup and crackers. I am going to increase fruits, vegetables and Water over the next few days and eliminate as much sodium as I can. I hope that helps.

Val