Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ladies? (waxing question)

Honestly, I've got such bad hand/eye coordination that there's no way I'm willing to shave myself, especially since I'd have to use a mirror. Plus, between my genetics and my PCOS, I'm a hair-monster. Even though I'm sure it'll be painful, I'd rather go somewhere where they'll get all the hair. I'm willing to wax (actually, I use Nads) my forearms myself (again, I'm a hair-monster), but there ain't no way I'm waxing that myself.

Glad to hear someone else with PCOS waxes their arms! I thought I was the only one. I wax/nair/shave whatever gets the job done and is handy when I notice its grown back. I hate it.

I did try waxing the hoohoo once. HUGE mistake. When I finally got up the guts, after my body was a complete stress ball, I ripped the wax off and immediately the area turned PURPLE. All of the blood rushed to that area apparently. I couldn't do anymore and just shaved.

I have tons of horrible hair removal stories, cause I too am a hairy beast. lol. How about the time I used nair on my legs, left it on for LESS than the recommended 3 minutes?! Felt a mild burning. Washed it off immediately, the burning got worse. I had burns up and down my thighs. After a few days the burns scabbed over but some left a mild scar on my thigh. I wish it was "in" to be hairy. But unfortunately, I hate hair. I'd have everypart of my body electrolysis-ed with the exceptions of the hair on my head, eyelashes and eyebrows.

Glad to hear someone else with PCOS waxes their arms! I thought I was the only one. I wax/nair/shave whatever gets the job done and is handy when I notice its grown back. I hate it.

I did try waxing the hoohoo once. HUGE mistake. When I finally got up the guts, after my body was a complete stress ball, I ripped the wax off and immediately the area turned PURPLE. All of the blood rushed to that area apparently. I couldn't do anymore and just shaved.

I have tons of horrible hair removal stories, cause I too am a hairy beast. lol. How about the time I used nair on my legs, left it on for LESS than the recommended 3 minutes?! Felt a mild burning. Washed it off immediately, the burning got worse. I had burns up and down my thighs. After a few days the burns scabbed over but some left a mild scar on my thigh. I wish it was "in" to be hairy. But unfortunately, I hate hair. I'd have everypart of my body electrolysis-ed with the exceptions of the hair on my head, eyelashes and eyebrows.

I frequently joke that my parents' mailman must have been Greek or Italian! Seriously, my forearms are HORRIBLE. I HAVE to wax them, especially if I'm going to be wearing anything without sleeves.

I also wax my arms when I can be bothered. Yep I have PCOS too. I used to have almost a small beard at once stage, but after 4 years of electrolysis - at 1 hour a week for about 6 months to start with! Its finally barely noticeable, but I still pluck out a few each day. The arms are nowhere near as hairy as they used to be, but still hairy than a lot of guys. I just can't be buggered to get them waxed all the time. I do like the look after they've been done though.

I've had a couple of brazillians. I'm still a big girl, I don't care what others think, if I want it done I'll get it done, no matter what size I am. Anyway, its like waxing anything else, the more you do it the more desensitised you become to the pain. I do think the worst bit is the hair in the crack of your behind though. That's a sensitive area!

Wellll... I've had it done, and done by a professional. As for embarassing I figured - whatever it's like going to the gyno -they've seen one they've seen them all. And because this is their job they will be nothing but professional about it. At no time will your "goods" be staring them full on in the face. You go in and undres from the waist down, they give you a "paper cloth" type of thing that you lie on and then it folds up over you and you hold on to it, you move it to help them with different areas but it also covers you up where they are not working on it.

Does it hurt - sure it does, how bad? Well I don't know I have a high tolerance for external pain (a few piercings and tattoos attest to that) but it's worth it and sooo smooth after. You can buy something to "roll on" after you shower that stops ingrown hairs and whatnot. And it doesn't give that crazy itchy feeling that shaving does when hair comes back in.

My opinion - if you think you can handle having it done then schedule one with a professional at a salon/spa as it's just another day and another dollar for them.

OK...I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I know it's going to hurt like hell, so my question is what are the costs like? Do they vary from place to place or are they pretty much the same everywhere?

Mine was $80 but i had my eye brows , lip and chin done too .

I think the Bikini Wax was $60 ?

Mindy

Has anyone here tried a Brazilian bikini wax? How painful and embarassing is it?

OMG! I would love to get it, other than my head, I wish I didn't have hairs anywhere else... and I don't care about the pain, but the embarrassment is huge... I don't think I can....

I do the marketing for a local salon/spa that does brazilian's among other things. It is just a common everyday thing for them....you see one muff you've seen them all. There is nothing to be embarassed about, seriously. If you go to a reputable salon, its no big deal.

yikes, I don't know, how long does it take? and how much does it generally cost? and how long does it last? I don't know if I can go through with it.... but I will think about it....:eek:

I had to share this with all of you!! I thought it would add to this topic.

All hair removal methods have tricked women with their promises of easy, painless removal - The Epilady, scissors, razors, Nair and now...the wax.

Read on..........

My night began as any other normal weeknight. Come home, fix dinner,

Play with the kids. I then had the thought that would ring painfully in

my mind for the next few hours: "Maybe I should pull the waxing kit out

of the medicine cabinet."

So I headed to the site of my demise: the bathroom. It was one of those

"cold wax" kits. No melting a clump of hot wax, you just rub the strips

together in your hand, they get warm and you peel them apart and press

them to your leg (or wherever else) and you pull the hair right off.

No muss, no fuss. How hard can it be? I mean, I'm not a genius, but I

am mechanically inclined enough to figure this out. (YA THINK!?!)

So I pull one of the thin strips out. Its two strips facing each other

stuck together. Instead of rubbing them together, my genius kicks in so

I get out the hair dryer and heat it to 1000 degrees. ("Cold wax,"

Yeah...right!) I lay the strip across my thigh. Hold the skin around it

tight and pull. It works!

OK, so it wasn't the best feeling, but it wasn't too bad. I can do

this!

Hair removal no longer eludes me! I am She-rah, fighter of all wayward

body hair and maker of smooth skin extraordinaire.

With my next wax strip I move north. After checking on the kids, I

sneak back into the bathroom, for the ultimate hair fighting

championship.

I drop my panties and place one foot on the toilet.

Using the same procedure, I apply the wax strip across the right side

of my bikini line, covering the right half of my hoo-ha and stretching

down to the inside of my butt cheek (it was a long strip) I inhale

deeply and brace myself....RRRRIIIPPP!!!!

I'm blind!!! Blinded from pain!!!!....OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!

Vision returning, I notice that I've only managed to pull off half the

strip. CRAP! Another deep breath and RIPP! Everything is spinning and

spotted.

I think I may pass out...must stay conscious...must stay conscious.

Do I hear crashing drums??? Breathe, breathe...OK, back to normal.

I want to see my trophy - a wax covered strip, the one that has caused

me so much pain, with my hairy pelt sticking to it. I want to revel in

the glory that is my triumph over body hair. I hold up the strip!

There's no hair on it.

Where is the hair??? WHERE IS THE WAX???

Slowly I ease my head down, foot still perched on the toilet. I see the

hair. The hair that should be on the strip...it's not! I touch. I am

touching wax.

I run my fingers over the most sensitive part of my body, which is now

covered in cold wax and matted hair. Then I make the next BIG

mistake...remember my foot is still propped up on the toilet? I know I

need to do something.

So I put my foot down. Sealed shut! My butt is sealed shut. Sealed

shut!

I penguin walk around the bathroom trying to figure out what to do and

think to myself "Please don't let me get the urge to poop. My head may

pop off!"

What can I do to melt the wax?

Hot water!! Hot Water melts wax!! I'll run the hottest Water I can

stand into the bathtub, get in, immerse the wax-covered bits and the

wax should melt and I can gently wipe it off, right???

*WRONG!!!!!!!*

I get in the tub - the water is slightly hotter than that used to

torture prisoners of war or sterilize surgical equipment - I sit.

Now, the only thing worse than having your nether regions glued

together, is having them glued together and then glued to the bottom of

the tub...in scalding hot water. Which, by the way, doesn't melt cold

wax.

So, now I'm stuck to the bottom of the tub as though I had cemented

myself to the porcelain!! God bless the man who had convinced me a few

month s ago to have a phone put in the bathroom!!!!!

I call my friend, thinking surely she has waxed before and has some

secret of how to get me undone. It's a very good conversation starter

"So, my butt and hoo-ha are glued together to the bottom of the tub!"

There is a slight pause. She doesn't know any secret tricks for removal

but She does try to hide her laughter from me. She wants to know exactly

Where the wax is located, "Are we talking cheeks or hole or hoo-ha?"

She's laughing out loud by now...I can hear her. I give her the rundown

and she suggests I call the number on the side of the box.

YEAH!!!!! Right!! I should be the joke of someone else's night.

While we go through various solutions. I resort to trying to scrape the wax off

with a razor . Nothing feels better than to have your girlie goodies

covered in hot wax, glued shut, stuck to the tub in super hot water and

then dry-shaving the sticky wax off!! By now the brain is not working,

dignity has taken a major hike and I'm pretty sure I'm going to need

Post-Traumatic Stress

Counseling for this event.

My friend is still talking with me when I finally see my saving

grace....the lotion they give you to remove the excess wax.

What do I really have to lose at this point? I rub some on and OH MY

GOD!!!!!!! The scream probably woke the kids and scared the dickens out

of my friend. It's sooo painful, but I really don't care. "IT WORKS!!

It works!!" I get a hearty congratulation from my friend and she hangs

up.

I successfully remove the remainder of the wax and then notice to my

grief and despair....THE HAIR IS STILL THERE.......ALL OF IT!

So I recklessly shave it off. Heck, I'm numb by now. Nothing hurts.

I could have amputated my own leg at this point.

Next week I'm going to try hair color......

I almost peed in my pants..... I literally had to run to the bathroom.... I'm at work......., not to mention I was laughing out loud like a mad woman and got some dirty looks from some co-workers....:eek:

I had it done about 5yrs ago before I put my weight back on yet again. and I loved it afterwards. i've always been a full shaver and it's so hard to get it all and the razor bumps are brutal afterwards. As soon as i get back down to a weight i'm comfortable with I'm so starting to have it done on a regular basis. I get my eyebrows waxed every two weeks they are woofers, so waxing is something i'm pretty use to but whoo hoo let me tell you when I had it done there is no pain quite like it tech suggested taking motrin before i get it done again, to dull the pain just a little. Althought it really hurt there's nothing like it once it's done. So afterwards because your pores are open and your swollen and sore down there they told me to go buy desitin. So there i was laying in my bed spread eagle with desitin on my hoo ha lmao but it did help. I tell all my friends to suck it up and atleast try it once. You never know.

I got my hooha waxed for the 1st time yesterday. It hurt but it wasn't too bad. For me, the worst part was just having someone doing that. I know it is their job but it bothers me to lay there while a strange spreads your legs and applies hot wax to one of the most sensitive areas of your body and then rips your hair out by the roots. I know it will get easier each time and I plan on maintaining it. My sister and my best friend also got waxed before I did. It was a girls day of turture. LOL :laugh:

I do Brazilians all the time - I guess it's a personnal preference on how I feel "down there". It may be intimidating at first but it does not hurt as much as you think. As for embarrassment, go to a spa - they do it all the time. I am sure they have seen all kinds shapes and sizes. It's just another day at work for them. However, if you are not comfortable, do a bikini wax first to "try out" how you feel about the pain.

Plus your partner will love you, too!

I can't say I've read every post, but has anyone asked what about the big droopy mons? I'm down more than 100 pounds and the mons is going to need be lifted with plastic surgery when the tummy gets tucked...

has anyone addressed this with the waxer? Or do you just put your goods out there to be waxed and let them deal with the saggy texture of the skin with out comment?

I would assume you just have to let them deal. they pull the skin tight anyway so they'll just have to pull a little more, I mean I'm positive they've seen it all, and that's there job if you feel bad tip um more thats my moto, when i get a pedi if my feet are rough i tip em more.

ok i have been thinking about doing this for awhile but like alot of you here I have been chicken. I use to shave a while ago but I have not in a year or so and really it was just too much work for me to want to again. so my question is do you need to "trim" it down before you go or is "natural" ok???

I shaved myself bald once when I was young - this was during some kinda erotic fun - and suffered from a severe case of the itchies for days afterwards. I phoned up my mum in order to whine about this and she fell over laughing.

The itchies were awful bad. I found myself dry humping the corner of my desk in order to try to find some relief. Since then I have left that region alone. It looks like my own personal part of the Canadian wilderness. As long as it remains wildlife free I am cool with it. I was thinking of applying to the federal government in order to get it recognised as a national park. Now I simply don't think about it all that much. But I had spent many years watching Sex and the City and I am curious about crotch wax jobs.

I am falling out of my chair laughing at this one !!!