Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

I am 5"3 and when i started I weighed 233 I am now 217have to get to 214 for the band .you may not have to lose weight It depends on the doctor I think I am going through Kaiser and they think they are God and make you jump through hoops :biggrin:.I am changing to Atena in Nov. and hope I can get it done through them depends on the doctor I guess.I have diabeties,high blood pressure leg ,back and ankle pain .I just want to be healthy.you may have yours before me at this rate seems I'll be into next year before i get it I'm trying to get it before i leave Kaiser .Hang in there and keep me up dated on your progress:thumbup:

Jazzey

Jazzy, don't you have medicare? are they your primary? I have medicare as my primary, and blue cross/ blue shield as my second but because medicare is my primary i am told that I would have any problems with Blue Cross......they said if medicare pays then they do to.....but I have heard that Atena is really good. I did have Atena years ago and had good coverage. When your on medicare and look for a supplement insurance it is hard to know which one is the best...but maybe it doesn't matter if you have medicare first......Well I sure hope you get yours done soon, I will keep you in my prayers and hope one day soon we will meet back here and both be banded.

I am not giving up just hoping that is comes soon.

I am here in Montana and I have to go to I.F. Idaho to be banded and that's about a 3 hr. drive and in the winter i have to go over the pass and it can be very scary....I signed on with New U...and they are really a great team.....they keep you under their wings for a year, they have classes, support groups that meet reg. they have a gym and trainer there for you at all time.....they monitor your diet reg. a week after surgery they have a get together and dinner for those who were banded that week.......everything is paid for. well hope to talk to you soon.....I still have to figure out how to get all the tickers and stuff on......just haven't tried yet...have a good day, and a big hi to everyone !!!!

Hi All, dropped in too let you all know I am still around. In late July I moved into our new summer home in Livingston, MT from Silver City, NM. Almost the whole time here the temperature highs have been about 10 degrees cooler in Silver than here!!! Talk about a shocker.

I'm in dire need of a fill and am starting to put pounds back on. I hear there is a great fill doc in Great Falls, MT. Will be setting up an appointment with him.

I see Skinny Dip, Doddie and Phyl are still posting. How is it going for you?

Hi, Skinnydippn still here,

If you go back and read some of the past posting, you will notice all the waiting I have been doing; waiting for Medicare to "OK" CMMC to recieve the "Center of Excellents" so they can do Medicare patients. It's been another frustrating month with no word. I go to thier support group meeting once a month. I'm Almost afried to go each month because I'll hear those words."SORRY", :( not yet.

I have Medicare and Federal BC/BS Ins.

Not much more to say except I'm glad to hear most everyone is doing so good in losing. I hope to be there one day.

Don

Hi everyone, hope all is going good for you.....I have a question, what is the diet for shrinking the liver? I have seen all the doc. but have not gotten my date yet, and thought that maybe I would get a head start as I seem to be putting on weight and that is not good.

thanks Rosie

Hi, Skinnydippn still here,

If you go back and read some of the past posting, you will notice all the waiting I have been doing; waiting for Medicare to "OK" CMMC to recieve the "Center of Excellents" so they can do Medicare patients. It's been another frustrating month with no word. I go to thier support group meeting once a month. I'm Almost afried to go each month because I'll hear those words."SORRY", :thumbdown: not yet.

I have Medicare and Federal BC/BS Ins.

Not much more to say except I'm glad to hear most everyone is doing so good in losing. I hope to be there one day.

Don

Sorry to hear about the miserable red tape you are going through. I'm doing downright poorly on my weight loss. I've needed a fill for some time,but with moving to Montana and now have a month full of company coming to visit. Seems like we're in a part of the world that everyone wants to visit.

We head back to NM the end of October... am hoping to get a fill in before then.

Hi everyone, hope all is going good for you.....I have a question, what is the diet for shrinking the liver? I have seen all the doc. but have not gotten my date yet, and thought that maybe I would get a head start as I seem to be putting on weight and that is not good.

thanks Rosie

Doc. put me on liquids and soft foods like sugar free Jello and popcycles, also Protein Drinks. This was for 10 days before surgery...it did shrink my liver a lot. It makes surgery so much easier for you and the doc. Also I've heard of people whose liver was so large that the doc couldn't operate.

Hi Don,

I have a dear friend who is on Medicare and she had to wait over a year for all the red tape and tests, etc., that Medicare requires. She had a laparascopic bypass July 18 and has lost 56 pounds since then! I spoke with her today and she feels and looks wonderful. She says that in retrospect it was worth the wait and she would go through it again for this new lease on life. I know you will also have happy results, Don, and I encourage you to hang in there! It does and will, get better!

Nancy

Ma Rosie - Every doctor seems to have a little different diet. I was on a liquid only diet that required I drink three Low Carb Slimfast or Aktins shakes a day for the two weeks before the surgery.

Hi Rosie,

Actually, it wasn't that bad, as I usually froze the Optifast shakes so they were the texture of soft ice cream. I drank lots of tea and Water and was sooo looking forward to getting my band! I knew that this is my last chance to get healthy and I was anxious to get going! I think the level of my commitment made it easier for me, but I had to wait 6 months for approval from my insurance, so that probably strengthened my resolve, too. I struggle now with head hunger much more than I did then...:smile:

Nancy

Hi Boys & Girls,

We all are young in heart...Right!!! I sure feel younger than I realy am.

Happy to say that I made it to another Birthday (09-01-08) ; But sorry to say W/O the BAND. Still waiting.

I have put my name on the waiting list at a hospital in Northern MS (they have a one(1) year waiting list.) and a Hospital in southern MS. Not sure about their waiting list. But I still thing CMMC, that's the one close to me will be "OKed" sooner than ether one of the others. but it does not hurt to have options.

We are getting lots of rain here in Puckett, MS from "GUSTOV" but the main part went southwest of us and missed us. I'm sure glad of that. Three years ago when Katrina hit we were w/o power for 7 days & 2 hours. I do not want to do that again.

That's about it from the home front, until next time, Keep on losing all you losers. In this case, that's a good thing.:smile:

Don

Happy Birthday, Don! Don't worry...you will get your band. The waiting will just prepare you for success after you have the band.

Nancy

Happy Birthday, Don! You are getting better every day! I am glad to see you have put your name in at other hospitals. I actually have done the same thing - the first one to wheel me to the operating room wins. Each of us has to be our own health advocate, educate ourselves, and research the available information on all health issues that concern us. You are a motivated man - I hope you have a successful banding well before your next birthday and are on your way to a healthy weight and no more weight related issues.