Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

Phyll -- love your animation holding the poodle's tail. Can hardly wait until you find that perfect baby. Mine is cuddled up next to me right now.

Well, I found my baby! Kept looking at the picture of the little 6 mos old Imperial Shih Tzu in the paper every morning and today decided to call the lady one more time... the one who told me last week she was turning me down... and ask if we could come and meet the puppy. So we had a long conversation on the phone, and we agreed to go out to her farm at 3 pm. Bottom line... we both fell in love with this puppy and brought her home with us. She is a total DIVA!! But adapting so well, and she is going to be perfect for us, I think! We took her to DD & SIL's for dinner and she behaved very well! A little afraid to play with the big dogs but they were very gentle with her. Got jealous when DD had her little Gigi on her lap so she had to let our Zoey sit on her lap, too! And when DGS came home, barked at him until he picked her up and let her lick his face!!

post-220150-13813139416588_thumb.jpg

post-220150-13813139417011_thumb.jpg

post-220150-13813139417292_thumb.jpg

Oh, what a cutie she is! I am glad the lady finally relented. I guess she had to make sure that you are totally committed to her/your puppy. Hurray for you and your new friend. :thumbup:

Phyll - congratulations on adding Zoey to your family. Pix #3 I noticed she is cuddling while you are on the computer.

I knew you would find the perfect one.

Joyce

Now the walks everyday begin. Sometimes twice daily. Great for us and them.

Joyce

Phyll - congratulations on adding Zoey to your family. Pix #3 I noticed she is cuddling while you are on the computer. I knew you would find the perfect one.

Now the walks everyday begin. Sometimes twice daily. Great for us and them. Joyce

Yes, we're working on walking on a leash... a new experience for her but she's getting it. Also... i use my handicap scooter as my neighborhood "golf cart"... like yesterday I put 5 miles on it! So trying to get her used to riding in the basket for short trips to the grocery store, etc. When she gets better with the leash, we'll walk some of that, but when I go across the busy highway, I will probably use the scooter a lot. The cars and trucks freak her out. But after her near hysteria yesterday... today when I left for the gym wihtout her she was quite upset. She ranout the door with DH when she saw him uncovering it and jumped on the scooter floor. And she resisted going in to her crate for the first time since we got it. So when I got back from PT I took her for a ride over to get my latte. She was much more relaxed about crossing the highway this time. But--yeah... I am for sure getting a LOT more exercise! LOL

I have a Kong that I place Peanut Butter in and place it in the crate before I put Gizmo in. He associates something great tasting with being placed in the crate. Just a thought.

Today marks three months since banding.

What a difference!

* I can cut my toenails without passing out.

* I am wearing a dress shirt with a 17.5" collar.

* I have a belt that I last wore two years ago and I am in the fifth notch.

* Six trousers are in for alteration --taking them in rather than letting them out!

*I can put my socks on without help and no longer am confined to loafers and slip ons -- laced shoes again.

* My wife is smiling when she sees me and my daughters tell me how proud they are of me.

* The dog that used to hide whenever I picked up the leash now cries, barks, and jumps at the front door at the mere mention of "going for a walk."

* I wore the heels off a pair of sneakers and wear a pedometer with a goal of 10,000 steps per day.

* My tidy-whities are drooping and I fit into chairs that used to require a shoe horn.

* To date I am down 79.6 pounds and now am logging my measurements to track the losses in inches, too.

* I have not had any insulin since two days after banding, cut my oral meds to 1/4 of my pre-op doses, weaning off one drug at a time under the supervision of my family doctor. Blood sugar is gradually declining and well within the recommended borders.

* In short, I am truly living life again, thanking the Lord for leading me to this path, allowing me to serve others in a multitude of ways. I continue to be blessed through His grace.

I had my second fill last week and felt the restriction right away but have adjusted well without ever revisiting what I consumed. Met with my nutritionist earlier this week and I am making smart choices and learning to adjust my food selections to achieve my daily and long term goals.

Although I haven't attended the support group meetings and want to, the best I can do is meeting with them once a month (they meet twice each month). I have a time conflict: I feed the hungry with my Mission Committee volunteers the same night the support group meets.

Enough about me though. This blog is a wonderful resource and an easy means to share and exchange ideas. Please actively participate.

As always,

I have a Kong that I place Peanut Butter in and place it in the crate before I put Gizmo in. He associates something great tasting with being placed in the crate. Just a thought.

That's a great idea. I was looking at those Kong toys at Target this morning. But does the peanut butter leave a mess? You could put a treat inside, right?? I have the little tennis balls...although two of them are already lost!! Under furniture somewhere, I'm sure. She doesn't seem to mind the crate though. Protested only once... when we were getting ready to go to the gym yesterday.. because she wanted to go too! RV test this weekend!! Going "camping" for a couple of days. Cat is NOT happy and she has few places to hide from Zoey in the RV. Expect she'll spend a lot of time behind the couch! Getting concerned about her... she's old and she does NOT like this intruder!

What a difference!

* Six trousers are in for alteration --taking them in rather than letting them out!

*I can put my socks on without help and no longer am confined to loafers and slip ons -- laced shoes again.

* My wife is smiling when she sees me and my daughters tell me how proud they are of me.

* The dog that used to hide whenever I picked up the leash now cries, barks, and jumps at the front door at the mere mention of "going for a walk."

* I wore the heels off a pair of sneakers and wear a pedometer with a goal of 10,000 steps per day.

* My tidy-whities are drooping and I fit into chairs that used to require a shoe horn.

* To date I am down 79.6 pounds and now am logging my measurements to track the losses in inches, too.

* I have not had any insulin since two days after banding, cut my oral meds to 1/4 of my pre-op doses, weaning off one drug at a time under the supervision of my family doctor. Blood sugar is gradually declining and well within the recommended borders.

* In short, I am truly living life again, thanking the Lord for leading me to this path, allowing me to serve others in a multitude of ways. I continue to be blessed through His grace.

I had my second fill last week and felt the restriction right away but have adjusted well without ever revisiting what I consumed. Met with my nutritionist earlier this week and I am making smart choices and learning to adjust my food selections to achieve my daily and long term goals.

Although I haven't attended the support group meetings and want to, the best I can do is meeting with them once a month (they meet twice each month). I have a time conflict: I feed the hungry with my Mission Committee volunteers the same night the support group meets.

Enough about me though. This blog is a wonderful resource and an easy means to share and exchange ideas. Please actively participate.

As always,

WOW!! That is GREAT, Will!!

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Welcome new friends.

I finally did it. Made "Onederland" this week. 195 lbs.

My new knee is doing well and we're spending the summer in Jersey.

Did I tell you guys that our street was hit by a tornado 5/12.

Congrats, Will. Wish I could get my Hubby to do it, too! He is reluctant to be put under sedation.

Also, Jerseygirl, good for you! Sounds like things are improving for you,too! Sorry to hear about the tornado. Did you have damage to your property? We had a tree loose several large branches on our back fence on June 1 here in Florida. It finally got fixed on Friday. !st a company came to remove the tree branches, and then fence company came out to repair the fence.

Phyl, keep on going with that new family member.

I finally did it. Made "Onederland" this week. 195 lbs. My new knee is doing well and we're spending the summer in Jersey.

Congrats on ONEDERLAND!! And the new knee! I had my left one done last summer. I am Very pleased with it.

Sorry about your tornado!

Congrats, Will. Wish I could get my Hubby to do it, too! He is reluctant to be put under sedation.

Also, Jerseygirl, good for you! Sounds like things are improving for you,too! Sorry to hear about the tornado. Did you have damage to your property? We had a tree loose several large branches on our back fence on June 1 here in Florida. It finally got fixed on Friday. !st a company came to remove the tree branches, and then fence company came out to repair the fence.

Phyl, keep on going with that new family member.

Yeah... new adventures every hour!! LOL

Jersey - congrats on onederland. Yippee.

Phyll - I only put a smear of Peanut Butter on the kong and he licks up every bit - no mess, at all.

Congrats to Will also. Life is getting sweeter every day for you.

Need to ask you all a question. Are any of you having problems with feeling cold? Every since my band I am noticing that I'm constantly cold. I do realize as we gracefully age there are problem with our body thermostats. But I cannot believe that I could go from not having an issue and wake up from surgery and under blankets when it is 75 or so degrees inside. Will be bringing it up to PCP next month, but thought I would ask you all first if any of you have noticed this.

What a difference!

As always,

Way to go Will! It's it amazing how much better you begin to feel as the weight comes off? Yesterday I went on a Garden tour that I was unable to do the last few years, becuase it was to difficult to walk. It is hard to explain how much I enjoyed the day to someone who hasn't been though the same type of experience. Keep it up, it just gets better and better.

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Welcome new friends.

I finally did it. Made "Onederland" this week. 195 lbs.

My new knee is doing well and we're spending the summer in Jersey.

Congratulations! Looks like you are doing great by the looks of your ticker. Sorry to hear about the tornado. I hope everyone was O.K. Good to hear from you again.

Hi All: I am new to this site. After 8 months of researching and doing my required tests I have decided to do this surgery. Got spooked by reading about some complications which I will not do again and changed my mind mid-stream. Most of you say its the best thing you ever did for yourself. I being 62 have devoted most of my life to raising my kids, watching grandkids, and keeping hubby happy. This is something I need to do for "me". Did any of you have "heparin" shots to reduce the risk of clots? This is one of my major concerns. Also how was the recouperation from this surgery. Is one week realistic before going back to work??? I also watch my 2 grandsond ages 6 & 2 two times a week. Hubby is semi-retired so he will be with me to help out. Sorry for rambling but now that this is "real" I have so many questions. Thanks for any replies. Cat lady