Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

POLL - Whats your sweet spot in 10cc band?

How full is/was your 10cc band at 'sweet spot'  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How full is/was your 10cc band at 'sweet spot'

Finally @ Sweet Spot - 5 1/2 months / 7 Fills for a total of 8.5cc's in the 10cc band.....YEAH!!!

I have a question for you, can you tell me what your disaster was with 8.5cc's.....I have a 10cc band and now I have 8cc's but still dont have restriction....i am thinking of getting another fill....but would like to hear your story...thanks

I too am feeling like you...i have 8ccs in a 10cc band have not only lost 5lbs since I was banded in Feb......I got a fill on Sat. and maybe, MAYBE feel alittle restriction but can still eat anything I want and as much as I want....very frustrating!!!!!

right now iam at 9cc and some times have restriction and some i dont thinking of getting another fill, any one have any suggestions???:cursing:

I just had my first fill this morning - 3cc. The doctor said that was agressive and the next one is usually 1.5cc bringing it to 4.5cc. I have to say at lunch with my CIB - I feel totally full and it took me awhile to get 12 oz down - so I hope the feeling continues! She said the opening right now is about 6cc so about 1/2 width of your thumbnail and would be about 1/2 that after the 2nd fill.

I am curious how people say they are at 11cc in a 10cc band?

Good luck to everyone!

So far 7 cc's seems to be working really well. I too had stalled out for a couple of months and was about to give up hope when they gave me another cc. Apparently at this particular doctor's office they had never gone beyond 6 cc's in anyone's band. I'm like a walking, talking freak of nature now. :tongue:

I have 5cc's in a 10cc band and feel good restriction for now,I hope it lasts awhile as next month being Christmas I really don't want to get a fill during the holiday.

Hi, my first fill was 1.2cc, 2nd was .05cc, third 0.5cc = 2.2cc total. I am going in this Thursday for another fill. I have lost a total of 48 lbs. This last fill was the first time I understood restriction. I can eat anything I want, but I get full and I am not starving any more unless I wait too long to eat. I think I want another fill but not sure if thats what I need or not. I don't have that much fill in me but I work very hard on the exercise and I also work very very hard on the food end. I do want to be able to eat, but I don't want to not be able to eat regular food. I can eat popcorn or anything right now, except I don't do well with roast (too stringy) and I don't do well with bread at all so I don't eat it but I can eat Pasta okay. I went to dinner the other night and had egg plant parmesean, a salad and a side of Pasta. Ate 1/2 salad, both eggplants and 1/2 pasta. Do you think that is too much to be able to eat? I don't loose every week but my average is pretty good. I do walk 2.4 miles every day though.

Beckyo

If you are losing and you are happy with that weight loss then you are where you need to be,what you do not want is to be so tight you can not get in the calories you need.When you stop losing then you need a fill or you get hungry a couple hours after you eat then you need a fill.

I am currently at 7.5 and definitely have restriction- to sweet spot. Had been too full and that was awful!

I have had 8 fills, and I currently have 6.75 in my band. I was up to 7cc's but couldn't keep anything down, including Water. So I went back in and had the .25cc's removed. I am still losing around 1.5 to 2 lbs a week. I had my surgery 1-30-08. I feel like I have reached that ever elusive "sweet spot":thumbup:

Hello All, All of the posts have been very helpful. I was banded on 9.23.08 and have had 3 fills since then. I believe that I am currently at 4.8cc in a 10cc band. I have no restriction. I can eat anything and in any amount. I'm in bandster hell. I know everyone is different. I know that I will eventually find my sweet spot. I don't have a lot of patience. I have not lost a pound since the surgery and my DR says that's OK. But I'm slipping back into my old habits. What have you done during the time when you were still waiting to find your sweet spot? Any hints?

Many thanks!

I have 4 cc in a 10 cc band. I feel restriction, but not overly so. I'm afraid to over fill and I'm loosing consistently and don't feel hunger much so I'm just going to sit where I am until things change.

For those of you who are actuively losing or on their way to goal, believe they are at their sweet spot and comfortable with their band control - please take the poll about where your sweet spot is/was.

thanks

What exactly is a "sweet spot?" Also, when you can eat more food does that mean you need to get a fill? I haven't had my first one yet, but I have noticed that i am eating a little bit more. Does that mean my stomach has adjusted to the band and is stretching out? I have been banded for 2 weeks.

I had my 4th fill last thursday for 5 in a 10. So far I'm loving this spot of restriction. I can't eat more than 1/2 cup each meal, but most importantly, I'm not HUNGRY between meals!! I'm not worried if this doesn't turn to be my sweet spot because I'm awefully proud of myself for making this band work for me, not vice-versa. I'm 7mos out and have already lost over 80% of my fat weight!! No, it's not luck...it's just simply following my doc's rules and sticking to it!!