Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

POLL - Whats your sweet spot in 10cc band?

How full is/was your 10cc band at 'sweet spot'  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How full is/was your 10cc band at 'sweet spot'

I am at 9.5 cc in a 9 cc band and I am still hungry. :huh2: Still obsessing about eating large volumes of food. I frequently get food stuck. I wish I had a gastric bypass so I would not be able to eat sugar-laden foods, which is what I crave because of antidepressant side-effects. I'm depressed that I am maxxed out and I lost for a few days then the hunger came back.

I've had 7 fills and my last one took me to 8cc's. I'm too tight and the only reason I havent' been in to get a little out is bc I'm having a tt on May 1st and will be getting a complete unfill on April 30th. When I go back in I plan on having him put in 7.5 - I think that will be pretty close to my sweetspot. I'm close enough to goal and feeling good about myself that maintaining is more important to me then the losing.

7 months out and I finally voted for 7.5 cc's. I have really good restriction right now although I was too tight at first. I think this is perfect bc I don't get hungry and a very small amount fills me up.

My fill status was as follows: (all in a 10cc band)

Surgery: 3ccs (no restriction)

4 weeks post-op: +2cc (no restriction)

5 weeks post-op: +0.5cc (no restriction)

5.5 weeks post-op: +0.5cc (no restriction)

6 weeks post-op: 0.75cc (yeahhh - restriction)

So finally I'm at restriction at 6.75ccs in my 10 cc band!

Where does everbody go. It's like you find a good thread and then it stopped a month or two ago. Doesn't anyone want to follow up. I'm feeling the same way others on this site do and I'd like to talk to someone from this thread. Let's see if anyone looks it up.

Im finally at restriction - 8.5 in a 10cc band. 8.0 was just not enough and 8.5 might be too much, especially around my TOM. During that week I PB almost anything other than mushies. I am not complaining though as my weightloss has finally picked up!

I was banded on 12-18-07. I went for a fill after 2 months but had to go have an emergency unfill because I couldn't hold anything down. I asked the surgeon to leave some fill in as I wanted the restriction. He said he could not and removed the 2 1/2 cc's he put in my 10cc band. My question/comment is that I still feel good restriction and am wondering if this is normal. Sure I can eat very soft foods in a little more quantity but for the most part, three or four bites and I am full. 5 or 6 bites and its off to the bathroom to throw up! All this said, I have only lost 3 or 4 lbs in the last month. That is 59lbs in 5 months. I guess I should not complain. Any comments would be appreciated.

Bunman

:lol:Yesterday I had my fifth fill to 6.9 in a 10 cc band, and for the first time, restriction. Hallelujah!!!! Now I can really get going on this weight loss journey. My symptoms are only being able to eat about five pieces of meat and I'm full, and am not thinking about food as much inbetween meals. I've been waiting for this moment from the beginning, so I hope it's for real.:thumbup:

i currently have 8.5cc/10cc band & have so for the last 2 months. i have an appt on tuesday and plan on asking for a slight unfill (1 - .5cc).

over the last month i have progressively gotten tighter. i can no longer eat bread, my morning Breakfast has been replaced most days with a Protein Shake, and hot meals have to be reheated more than once & can take close to an hr to eat.

i just don't care to be this restricted & is sorta snuck up on me. don't mind chewing more & slowing down; i just like to eat my meals (vs drinking them) - don't want to eat soft food (which i've stayed clear from) & more importantly don't want to risk any damage to the band should i be too tight.

I thought I was alone. I have just over 11 and have no restriction. I go Wednesday and I am hoping he puts in .5 to give me some restriction back. I am so frustrated and depressed.

In my jillion fills and unfills, or so it seems, I've found that we aren't always where we think we are. I've had the Fluid taken out about three times and completely put back in to test my level. Some nurses can pull all the Fluid out and some can't so it isn't as cut and dried as we think. That having been said, I think I'm at 7.5 now. 8.25 and I couldn't swallow spit. 7.75 and I couldn't swallow mushies. To be honest, I can't eat much in the way of solid things now. I can eat very rare steak and extremely moist chicken. I can eat some ground beef if I'm careful. I can definitely fill up on mushies if I am not careful.

I am never really hungry. Head hungry...yes, but not hungry. I still have to make the decision to eat what is good for me. I was upset when one nurse told me it is 10% band and 90% won't power. But she was right in a way. However, I've never lost 65 pounds in my life so I don't care if it is me or my band. It is working.

I've been up to 5 in a 10 cc band and now down to 2ccs and while it's not the "sweet spot" or the "g spot", I'm not pbing and I can eat a "healthy" amount of food. I'm trying to avoid the "sweets" as they are my downfall and am losing probably too slowly for even a snail to see but I think things are definitely changing for the better. If I'm too tight I want to fight it now because it's just the way my make up is. I'm also on antidepressants and other meds that may not help me with weight loss but would much rather be on my meds than off of them and a crazy a** "B":w00t:

It's true, I really haven't had the right amount noted unless a surgeon has done it, that's not a good thing is it? All of my band fill screw-ups were done by "fill techs or fill nurses" and it wasn't until the surgeon got out all the saline out that I ever knew the exact amount and the problems then resolved. So what I've learned is 1. get your surgeon to do your fills, 2. if you can eat a couple pieces of pizza you're probably not filled enough, 3. if you can't swallow your own spit, you're over-filled, if you can eat ice cream and Cookies, cakes and brownies you're not going to lose weight:blushing:

I am at 6.5 cc's in a 10 cc band and I have good restriction and it feels so good not to be thinking of what to eat next all the time.

I have 5.6, I think in a 10cc band. At my second fill I didn't feel restricted at all, so went back in to ask why. My doctor said that at first I must have had post-op internal swelling that has since subsided, so I needed more for construction. She initiall gave me 2cc, but Water was "stuck," so took out 1cc. Can't wait for my next fill scheduled next week because I am not restricted enough yet. Maybe this time?

I only have 3 cc in a 10 cc band, and I feel absolutely no restriction. ANd when I'm hungry, I'M HUNGRY! I'm going back in on Friday, and maybe I can make the case for an increase of 2cc, but most likely it will be 1 cc for a total of 4 cc. No weight loss this past month. But no gain either. Wish me luck!