Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

POLL - Whats your sweet spot in 10cc band?

How full is/was your 10cc band at 'sweet spot'  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How full is/was your 10cc band at 'sweet spot'

nikki..i'm not speaking from experience, but some of our fills evaporate, etc., so i think it is normal to lose restriction within a month. after you reach goal, i think the ideal time period for fills is once a year.

as for me..i have 6 cc (i think..i'm not keeping up) and i'm not quite at my sweet spot.

well, i THOUGHT that 5cc's was my sweet spot....BUT, i'm going tomorrow for my 5th fill and crossing my fingers that i will have more restriction....

after my 4th fill...hitting 5cc, i had SOOO much restriction and i dropped 10lbs in about a week and a half...BUT, since then, i have had less and less restriction and less and less weight loss. now i almost feel as if i'm wide open again....i'm sooo guilty, i ate like a lil piggy today! i ate only when i was hungry and stopped whenever i was satisfied...BUT...it just toook sooo much more to get me there then usual.

my fear now is that this will ALWAYS happen....will i ALWAYS lose weight and lose restriction bc of the weight loss and then have to get tighter and tighter? or will i eventually get to a fill that will stick and not need any more after that?

this is beginning to get frustrating for me. i work my butt off on the elliptical and still i see the weight going slower and slower and now today, it actually went UP 2lbs!!! gaining definitely means time for a fill!

xoxo, christie

my fear now is that this will ALWAYS happen....will i ALWAYS lose weight and lose restriction bc of the weight loss and then have to get tighter and tighter? or will i eventually get to a fill that will stick and not need any more after that?

You have the same fear as I do. That's why I have been trying to lose weight as quickly as possible bf the band stops working. In my mind that's why I think they say you should try to lose most of your weight in the first 12-18 months of surgery. I don't know if it's as effective after that, but it can help you maintain your weight.

You have to remember that the band gets looser every time you lose weight. You are losing fat around your stomach so that means the band gets looser.

When you get closer to goal, you won't have much fat left to lose around your stomach. My fill that I got in Dec. is still perfect. This is the first time I can say that in a little over a year.

Now if I would just leave chocolate alone, I could get myself to goal.

I am sure your bands must be different than mine. Mine is 10ccs around, but it only holds 4cc's I have 3 cc in there.

I have a 10cc band with 7.2cc's fill. Total of 3 fills with my last one in November and my restriction has been perfect since then. I have had to cancel all of my fill appts since that time. I cannot eat more than 1/2 cup of solids...sometimes less than that. Though, today I was able to eat an entire can of chili. I still can't eat in the mornings...I just drink something warm.

I will monitor my eating and see if I need to get another fill. The chili thing kinda threw me for a loop today.:thumbup:

Chili isn't solid though. I can eat more of something that is mushy or soupy. It's something like steak or chicken that fills me up very fast.

I was filled 3 weeks ago to the 10cc point in a 10cc band and can feel no difference since I was filled to a 7 or 8. I can still eat about the same and I am stalled on my weight loss. I've lost 55lbs since surgery on 8/17/07. Has anyone been filled over 10ccs? My doctor told me they actually hold up to 30ccs. I can't believe that. Should I get more put in? Help!

I have 7.5cc in mine but I'm definitely not at my sweet spot. Most of the time, I'm not hungry so I can go longer without food but I can still eat big amounts of food. I can eat a roll with egg, cheese & salad without too much effort and I can eat apples and pretty much anything I want. I also graze on the wrong foods and as we know they can go down easily. Head hunger has to be biggest killer of weight loss for me. I'm hoping that the next fill will hit that elusive sweet spot. Oh and for the record, I exercise pretty much every day to help combat any excess food intake. Not the way I want to be doing this but that's where I'm at right now.

i have the 10cc vg band and love it, iam at about 9ccs and feel really good hunger is gone i forget to eat somethimes, but when i do i feel there are times i could eat to much, but other times i can't even get more than two bites of tuna fish with lots of mayo down, so going to stay a my current fill for now, untill the weight lose stops, still losing around 2 to 2.5 lbs. a week so feeling good and loving life right now:thumbup:

I had 1 fill of 4 cc and I feel no restriction, i actually think that I gained weight in the past week and a half since my fill. I'm really dissapointed

I had 3cc put in my 10cc band and I can still eat pretty good I havn't lost any extra weight. I am hoping the next fill will really help me out. Also I would like to ask a question if you have no restiction from the band is it possible to stretch it out"? I was just wondering cause some times I eat a little more than I am suppose too. If any one could let me know I would appreciate it very much.

I have been able to eat quite a bit and was told that I was okay by the nurse at my doctor's office (she's been banded as well). She said while you have very little restriction it's not unusual to overeat and she didn't seem worried about me stretching my pouch. If you are worried talk to your doctor's office.

Finally @ Sweet Spot - 5 1/2 months / 7 Fills for a total of 8.5cc's in the 10cc band.....YEAH!!!

Me too!! I have been banded for 6 months and now sitting at 8.5. Had my first PB experience this weekend and although it was awful, it was nice to see some restriction, finally. Now, hopefully the weight will come off more rapidly.