Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

POLL - Whats your sweet spot in 10cc band?

How full is/was your 10cc band at 'sweet spot'  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How full is/was your 10cc band at 'sweet spot'

I think they say you should try to lose most of your weight in the first 12-18 months of surgery. I don't know if it's as effective after that, but it can help you maintain your weight.

That is more for gastric patients, since their pouches start to expand after 12-18 months. Lap-banders should have continued restriction. That's why you normally see lap-band patients lose slower and longer than other WLS patients.

It's hard to remember how long it took to put the weight on, it's going to take awhile to get the weight off too.

Slow and Steady wins the race.

Hello All,

I just had my 5th fill. I'm up to about 5.5ccs in a 10cc band. So far, I've don't think I've felt any restriction. I can eat an entire sandwich without a problem. I know...be patient! But obviously if I could diet without the band I wouldn't have needed the surgery! So I'm getting a little frustrated. Anyway, I'm going for another fill the beginning of January. I'll get to that sweetspot...I just hope it's soon!

Cheers and Happy Holidays!

Im at exactly 3 cc's and thats my spot 14 months out and below goal weight :thumbup:

I have a 10 cc band and have 6.8 cc. I feel restriction most of the times. I am able to eat descent sized meals every other day. Sometimes, I have difficulty getting the food down depending on what I have previously eaten. I have lost about 8 pounds since my last fill.

My clinic or PA seems difficult to understand. I went from 5.2cc to 7cc, in for unfill(of course!) and to 6.5cc and a second unfill that same afternoon to 6.1cc. Im okay now, tightness has let up after 4 days, but it makes me nervous about going up SO much at one time. For me, the fill doesnt really become stable or "settle" into routine until 7th day. Stress really causes tightness issues and pain on my left side and up thru shoulder and down arm(rest helps). Does this sound familiar toanyone?

maddy

Had a fill today took me to 8cc's and boy am I tight,I may have even past my sweet spot,I think I will just try liquids awhile to see if it loosens up some because I have lost really slow for the past three months and really want to lose some weight. Water went down slow but no problems , I did try a few bites at lunch and it came back.Just liquids for me now till I see if its gonna loosen up a tad.

I had 2 cc when my dr. put my band in and I just had my first fill on 1/7/09. He put in 3cc so I'm up to 5cc now and have no restriction. He said it should last 6-8 weeks! But he did say to come in when I stop losing so that is good. And believe me if I go a week without losing anything I will be calling! LOL! I do notice a very small difference but it isn't much. I hope I can hold off for 2-4 weeks minimum for another fill. I do love my band though!

Your comment really helped me. I think I am losing SO VERY SLOW. My surgery was exactly one year ago and I have lost 35 lbs. I have had 4 fills 1/2 cc each fill and one 1 cc. I really wanted to lose much faster but my BMI is really down. The scale is slower than my BMI. How many fills did it take you to really see consistant lost without dieting.

I still am dieting, watching what I eat very carefully

i was banded end of oct 08 had 1 fill 4cc never had any restriction ,havn't lost any weight, really feeling down thinking its just not going to work for me. i have appointment for next week for a fill hoping he will give me 2cc so i can start on my journey. what do you think?

I found that if you want to start seeing the weight come down, go FREQUENTLY to your doctor for fills. Some people go every two weeks. Don't be discouraged, get to the doc. and start having your regular fills. I think I could have had some additional fills, but my doctor is non-aggressive with them. Doesnt want me too tight. Hang in there.

Had a fill today took me to 8cc's and boy am I tight,I may have even past my sweet spot,I think I will just try liquids awhile to see if it loosens up some because I have lost really slow for the past three months and really want to lose some weight. Water went down slow but no problems , I did try a few bites at lunch and it came back.Just liquids for me now till I see if its gonna loosen up a tad.

Hey bamagal,

How are you doing with your fill now? I am in exactly the same spot you were in, got filled on Wed. and am hoping if I can wait it out a few days, it will loosen up some. Today is better than yesterday, I have been able to keep everything down, which is a HUGE improvement!:(

Hey bamagal,

How are you doing with your fill now? I am in exactly the same spot you were in, got filled on Wed. and am hoping if I can wait it out a few days, it will loosen up some. Today is better than yesterday, I have been able to keep everything down, which is a HUGE improvement!:)

A week in now and it is much improved,thanks for asking :(

But I know this is the fill we have all waited for.Before now I have been able to eat chicken,steak,some breads,nothing really gave me a problem if I was careful.Now believe it or not stupid things are a problem like oatmeal and Greek yogurt they seem to just cove the hole and block the air so nothing goes down unless I drink and thats a no no.But for the most I can still eat chicken and a good cut of steak as I said just have to be very careful and chew chew chew.The amount I can eat is much improved,I could eat a cup or more if it was kinda mushie ,not now oh hell no believe it or not 4 or 5 bites and I am done and very satisfied,so yes I think I have finally found the "Sweet Spot":thumbup:.So as long as you can get liquids down and soft veggies I would give it a week,takes me that long for the swelling to go down so I know where I am at.But Tracy if you can not hold your liquids and you have alot of pain please just call doc and see what he says cause I do not want to advise you to wait if you are real uncomfortable,I just know how I swell with a fill and hoped it would get better in a couple weeks and it did.So good luck and remember small bites then chew well and wait a few minutes before taking another bite .

A week in now and it is much improved,thanks for asking :(

But I know this is the fill we have all waited for.Before now I have been able to eat chicken,steak,some breads,nothing really gave me a problem if I was careful.Now believe it or not stupid things are a problem like oatmeal and Greek yogurt they seem to just cove the hole and block the air so nothing goes down unless I drink and thats a no no.But for the most I can still eat chicken and a good cut of steak as I said just have to be very careful and chew chew chew.The amount I can eat is much improved,I could eat a cup or more if it was kinda mushie ,not now oh hell no believe it or not 4 or 5 bites and I am done and very satisfied,so yes I think I have finally found the "Sweet Spot":thumbup:.So as long as you can get liquids down and soft veggies I would give it a week,takes me that long for the swelling to go down so I know where I am at.But Tracy if you can not hold your liquids and you have alot of pain please just call doc and see what he says cause I do not want to advise you to wait if you are real uncomfortable,I just know how I swell with a fill and hoped it would get better in a couple weeks and it did.So good luck and remember small bites then chew well and wait a few minutes before taking another bite .

It sounds as if you have found that elusive "sweet spot". Thats exactly what I was thinking, just because I have never had too much restriction, was always able to eat pretty much whatever I wanted, but I have been fighting this last 15 pounds forever, and decided a fill might be just the ticket. Hopefully now that my band is working for me I will finally be able to lose it.

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences, will definitely wait it out and accept that my band is actually working!

T