Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

starting BMI over 50? come on in!

Phyl - I happened to run across your before/after pics...OH..MY..GOD!! You look like a different person!!! Your success is a real inspiration to the rest of us....you look AMAZING!!!!!!!! WOW:thumbup::lol::thumbup::ohmy::thumbup:

Thanks, Michele!

I am so much enjoying buying smaller clothes,

not worrying about sitting in chairs with arms,

going up stairs without huffing and puffing,

finding too much room between me and the steering wheel,

Etc, Etc, Etc... I could go on and on!!

I have a long way to go,

but it already feels SO GOOD!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you! I went to their website and found a lot of flavors that the stores didn't carry. Now if I could find something to chew on besides a toothpick! LOL!

I am already tired of cold shakes, cold tea and cold lemonade. I am not a tea or coffee drinker, but have to take those up to get some warmth into my system. LOL.

I have a friend who is thinking about getting the lap band. I am not sure what his weight is. I just wanted to see if anyone might know what the weight limit is. I know that my Dr. has a cut off but I am not sure what it is. Any info would help. Thanks.

Hi

Im MJ I just wanted to congratulate you on your weight loss and continued success. My insurance just approved my surgery so Im waiting on my letter so that I can get scheduled. I wish you all the best. Is there anything I need to know to get really prepared for the surgery.

Edited by MJN
adding more

I just need some encouragement. I have lost the intial 17 lbs since surgery, and I seem to be stuck. Any advice out there?

How are you doing with the exercise? Are you getting your Water in?

After being on the Optifast shakes for two weeks, I have lost 21 lbs! I saw my dr yesterday and he was vera, vera pleased! I still have until the 22nd, my surgery day, so hope to lose some more! I have lost 37 lbs the last 3 months. Great way to kick start this thing!

Dr. thought I was very determined! :)

Maudie

WOW! That is fantastic. Keep up the great work. Was it only shakes you had no food at all. I have off two weeks from work and even though I haven't even seen had my first consultation yet,(that will be the same day as your surgery) I thought this might be a good time to see how I would do with 2 shakes and a dinner meal. I also plan to exercise at the sit down machines at Curves. I hope to be on line a lot during these next two weeks as I can't afford to vacation. You keep going you have a great starts with 37 gone in 3 months :wub:

Amanda

After being on the Optifast shakes for two weeks, I have lost 21 lbs! I saw my dr yesterday and he was vera, vera pleased! I still have until the 22nd, my surgery day, so hope to lose some more! I have lost 37 lbs the last 3 months. Great way to kick start this thing!

Dr. thought I was very determined! :thumbup:

Yes, that was with just shakes for the most part. I munched on a little celery and baby carrots.

I also had a small organic spring greens salad with 3 oz of white tuna (in water) with a TBS of plain yogart about 4 times. I used Mrs Dash in the yogart. I am to drink 5 shakes a day, but only managed 3 most of the time. I think I drank 4 on two days.

I mix 6 oz to 8 oz of cold Water with ice (I get the softer kind from Sonic or Braums) in a blender with the shakes. I added a pkg of Slpenda or 2 cups of sugar-free syrups for different taste. I also found that with the strawberry or rasberry(made from vanilla) that a squeeze of lime juice helps give it a zester or fresher taste.

I also use caramel sugar-free Syrup and cinnamon for a great taste to vanilla shakes. I also put white chocolate sugar-free syrup in the chocolate and strawberry shakes. I also have used black walnut flavoring, peppermint flavoring and pecan flavoring in the chocolate and vanilla as well.

I had cut back a lot on food, so I can say I have only felt hunger maybe a couple of times. I also drink a lot of water! I am not a cofee or tea drinker and don't like Crystal Light or Kool Aid.

Edited by Maudie

hi my name is sil my bmi was 59. i have to do a 6 months supervise diet. i went for my 4th app.7/10/08 an i have lost 11lbs i cannot believe it my startint weight was 335 now it,s 311. to me that,s a lot can,t believe it wish me luck hope to be band in sept, oct.sept is my last dietian class haven,t got a date yet. good luck to everyone we are determine to do this.god bless.

heool again my mistake the weight is 324, calculated wrong forgive me.

hi my name is sil my bmi was 59. i have to do a 6 months supervise diet. i went for my 4th app.7/10/08 an i have lost 11lbs i cannot believe it my startint weight was 335 now it,s 311. to me that,s a lot can,t believe it wish me luck hope to be band in sept, oct.sept is my last dietian class haven,t got a date yet. good luck to everyone we are determine to do this.god bless.

You're off to a GREAT start!!!

What ever happened to the over 60 bmi thread? Just wanted to check in and say hi. I see that there is some great weight loss going on. Yeah!! Wow! I am really impressed and inspired, and believe me, I needed to be..lol. I am almost to the end of my first year. It is going kinda slow for me, but at least it's going..right? I just have to keep reminding myself of that. Take Care and good luck to all....bev