Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Journal Thread

I was so busy switching all of my files from a desktop to a new laptop that I forgot to track my food intake in this thread. I'll start again fresh today.

4/22/06

Breakfast: 8 oz. vanilla Protein Shake made with skim milk

Snack: 20 oz. coffee with non-dairy Creamer and 2 Splenda

Lunch: 1/2 c. ground beef w/ taco seasoning, 2 slices american cheese, 3 extra large olives, 1 tbsp. sour cream

Snack: 20 oz. latte w/ whole milk

Dinner: 1/2 c. ground beef w/ taco seasoning, 2 slices american cheese, 3 extra large olives, 1 tbsp. sour cream

Total Calories: 1212

Total Fat: 74 grams - 56% (ouch, too much fat!)

Total Carbs: 44 grams - 14%

Total Protein: 90 grams - 30%

Hi All:

I have been reading this thread for awhile, and I am coming to the realization that I MUST be EATING WAY TOO MUCH!!! It's no wonder my weight loss is at a standstill !!!

I read them again just now and want to know if this is (seriously) ALL that you eat every day? I am not being sarcastic or critical or a smart aleck...I am totally serious...!!!

I am the leader/coordinator of our support group and everyone says how much they eat....I have been researching and racking my brain to find out EXACTLY how much we should eat and it's all different! Most say 3 ounces at a meal and a small snack in between. Then you read something different everywhere! Is it me or just wishful thinking?

I have also discovered the thread on the ObesityHelp website - WHAT R U EATING TODAY? under the Lap-Band messageboard and Lisa on there posted Dr. Fox's Plateau Busting Diet!!! I have forwarded it to my group and will follow it myself. My system needs to be cleansed....back to the basics! Back on track! I have been at a plateau since last summer and I am totally frustrated...!!! Now I see why I am not losing! The writing is in your thread! And I thank you from the bottom of my heart and the pit of my stomach!

Hugs,

Nancy

ObesityHelp Support Group Leader

Lap-Band Suport Group Leader/Coordinator:help:

I read them again just now and want to know if this is (seriously) ALL that you eat every day? I am not being sarcastic or critical or a smart aleck...I am totally serious...!!!

Hi Nancy! Yes, this is seriously all that I eat on any given day.

Good luck getting off of your plateau! :party:

NancySmiles, I will be 6 weeks Post Op and getting my first fill on Tuesday. I have found that I can eat no more then 2 cups per meal. After my fill, I will have to see if I am full on less. My calorie intake per day now is between 1000 - 1200 calories per day.

Breakfast: 16 oz. vanilla Protein Shake made with skim milk

Lunch: 10 corn chips w/ jack queso dip

Snack: raspberry white chocolate cookie

Dinner: 8 miniature pork egg rolls

Snack: 2 c. microwave popcorn

Total Calories: 1363

Total Fat: 54 grams - 35%

Total Carbs: 145 grams - 41%

Total Protein: 84 grams - 24%

I was sooooo hungry today. I'm so glad I'm getting a fill on Tuesday. I'm in desperate need of one.

Be careful what you wish for, you may get it lol

I found on another thread where someone mentioned Pork rinds, I found them and love them. I make it my snack daily since they have 0 carbs and are pretty filling.

When we go shopping I say gee I wish they made bigger bags of these.

Yesterday while shopping at Sam's club my DH walks up to me and with something behind his back - this is what he gave me

Porkrinds.jpg

So I guess this is my snack of the month hehehehe:phanvan

Now even the kids like them - wish they were green no one would eat them!

Breakfast: 25 oz. coffee w/ non-dairy creamer and 2 Splenda

Lunch: 1/2 c. ground beef, 2 slices american cheese, 1 tbsp. sour cream, 5 olives

Snack: 20 oz. latte w/ whole milk

Dinner: 3/4 Lean Cuisine Herb Roasted Chicken

Total Calories: 749

Total Fat: 43 grams - 52%

Total Carbs: 42 grams - 22%

Total Protein: 49 grams - 26%

Breakfast: 16 oz. Protein Shake make with skim milk

Snack: 20 oz. latte w/ whole milk & 3 Splenda

Lunch: none

Snack: 20 oz. latte w/ whole milk & 3 Splenda

Dinner: 3/4 c. broccoli cheese soup

Late-nite snack: 2 c. microwave popcorn

Total Calories: 1385

Total Fat: 42 grams - 27%

Total Carbs: 117 grams - 33%

Total Protein: 138 grams - 40%

Ok, so I'm catching up on my journaling. Come on everyone!!! And yes, this REALLY is how much I eat. I barely let a bite get in that I don't count. ALTHOUGH, there's probably some skim milk in my coffee that I don't count for. No sugar in the coffee though. Anyway, see below for me "Weekend from Hell Due to Booze" and then the past two days of "Retribution" !!!

Friday -- 4/21

protein bar -- 230

2 Protein Bars -- 380

Half a Quesidilla -- 400

3 Margeritas -- 510

4 vodka sodas -- 280

soco lime shots --150

1950 Cals - 1800 RMR - 160 cals walking and dancing = -10

Saturday

half chicken parm -- 200

carnation instand bfest -- 220

Edamame - 50 cals

3 mojitos (160 each) -- 480

2 chu-cumbers (150 each) -- 320

sake --30

3 vodka sodas (70 each) -- 210

2 soco lime shots (70 each) -- 150

1660 cals - RMR - dancing -- holy cow batman!! look at all that booze!!! :faint:

Sunday

half a milky way -- 130

3 bloody marys (120 each) -- 360

one bottle wine -- 150

2 chicken fingers + 3 french fries - 300

2 vodka sodas -- 210

1 soco lime -- 75

Armurulla -- 275

half mac and cheese -- 220

half chili -- 170

1865 - RMR - walking to and from yankee stadium

Monday

half bowl of Cereal -- 100

box of mac & cheese -- 500

2 chocolate bars -- 500

crackers with lowfat cheese -- 90

tuna fish sandwich -- 220

pint frozen yogurt -- 600

2010 cals - RMR ARGH!HH!!! H!H!H! Totally hungover from a weekend of nonstop drinking! Mac & Cheese???? chocolate bars??? What was I thinking!!??! :angry

Tuesday 4/25

Grilled chicken 150

Protein bar 280

Chili 190

Cracker with cheese -- 60

Milky way 130

Popsicle -- 60

870 total cals :clap2:

Wednesday 4/26

cup of milk -- 90 cals

1 cup of grilled chicken + broccoli + light dressing = 150

protein bar-- 240

big leafy salad with cucumbers, 1/2c grilled chicken + light dressing = 150

630 total cals as of 9pm but I'm sure I'll snack when I get home. :clap2:

Breakfast: 16 oz. Protein Shake made with skim milk

Snack: 20 oz. coffee w/ non-dairy creamer & 2 Splenda

Lunch: none

Snack: 20 oz. latte w/ whole milk & 3 Splenda and 1 no-bake Peanut Butter & oatmeal cookie

Dinner: 1/4 c. Campbell's Chunky Vegetable Beef Soup

Total Calories: 790

Total Fat: 24 grams - 27%

Total Carbs: 72 grams - 36%

Total Protein: 71 grams - 37%

Breakfast: 8 oz. Protein Shake made with skim milk

Snack: 10 oz. coffee w/ non-dairy creamer & 1 Splenda

Lunch: 1/2 c. imitation crab meat w/ 1/2 tbsp. mayonnaise

Snack: 8 oz. Protein shake made with skim milk, 1/8 c. premium blend nuts

Dinner: 1/2 serving Louis Rich Turkey Breast, 1/16 c. mashed potatoes, 1 pat butter, 1/16 c. broccoli

Total Calories: 748

Total Fat: 27 grams - 33%

Total Carbs: 57 grams - 29%

Total Protein: 71 grams - 38%

Nothing today, I am not hungry and I feel if I eat, I will PB. I'm going to the kitchen right now to try and get down a shake. :speechles

I think I'm not hungry b/c I have drank over a half a gallon of Water today for the first time in a long time and it's only 5:06PM EST. :rolleyes

TMI: The water is passing right through me. I'm in the bathroom, literally every 5 - 10 minutes.

Not good right...that I can't make myself drink shakes today? (Still Post op 2 weeks). Am I doing more harm than good?

I'll just pretend that today was purification and detox day if the shake starts to taste gross and I can't finish.