Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February/March 08 plastics

I have kind of a dumb question, I work in an office and its been almost 4 weeks since my surgery are we allowed to wear heels?? I have been wearing flats but I cant stand it anymore because I always wear heels and I forgot to ask the doctor if I was allowed to wear them or if I had to wait a certain amount of time??

I wore heels at less than a week post op.

I wore heels at less than a week post op.

That comes from a woman who had sex after 4 days. Geesh to be young again!

Hi everyone, Karey referred me to this thread & it is an excellent one! Thanks Karey.

I was banded in May 2004 & it was a long journey that has taken forever to get to this point, but the journey never really ends does it?! I've lost approx. 150lbs (from 300lb+ ... I kinda stopped weighing myself at that point, to teetering between 154lbs & 160lbs). My goal was 150lb before PS, but I was close enough!

On 12th March I had a TT, Breast lift, Lipo on the outer thighs (saddle bags / more like saddle-suitcases on me!) & my port repositioned, it was really protruding.

In just under a week, I'm beginning to feel more like myself now, getting a little more mobile & not having to take much in the way of pain meds. I saw my belly button for the 1st time today (as the dressing came off in the shower), it's right there, cute as a "button" & not 3inches deep! I'm still swollen in the belly though. I didn't have drains. The lipo feels like I was kicked really hard in the hips, it's not so bad for me, & my boobs don't ache at all, I just have to be weary not to stretch too much! The TT is really what's been the most uncomfortable.

I'm going in to see my PS tomorrow to remove some stitches. I can't wait to get this new body moving again, & especially coz I did have a de-fill before my surgery, I'm eager to get it filled again & start exercising as soon as I'm given the ok.

Thanks to everyone here for sharing, it is so helpful.

IceCream: Glad you found the thread. Sounds like your doing really well! I guess being younger helps! Glad the pain is getting better from the TT. You've really done well on your weight loss. Can you tell what your new body is going to look like? I have totally thrilled when I look down and see that the pannus is gone!

Nina, are you out there? You have been very quite!

I've started itching like crazy. It does get better, right?

Just checking in to say 'hi' - I may not post everyday, but do come to check in and see how everyone is doing.

Where are Neal and Nina? When they don't post for a day or two it makes me worry about them . . .

Karey - I posted on your thread and am wondering if you have started using the silicone sheets yet? I ordered some off of MMH too and plan to start using them on Monday.

It feels like all I have done is EAT since I had my TT and I am so lucky I haven't had a big gain . . . If I had gotten an un-fill before my surgery, there is no telling how much weight I would have gained.

I hope everyone has a great weekend . . . Happy Easter.

Lynn: I did get the silcone sheets but haven't started using them. My doctor said to wait until after 3 weeks and then to use vaseline twice a day. He said to wait on the silicone to see what the scar is doing. They are expensive so I guess I'll wait for a while. Every doc is different. Did yours tell you to use the silicone or did you just purchase them on MMH?

Okay, I posted my first "after" shots on my thread. Pretty scary to put yourself out there like that! I'm beginning to appreciate everyone elses courage for doing it!

Do you mean you are using Vaseline instead of say - Vitamin E Oil, Mederma, Cocoa Butter, or did I misunderstand ????? I am just curious. I have been putting a little Vitamin E Oil on my belly button and of course can't tell a bit of difference yet, it is just too soon - silly me . . .

My doctor mentioned the sheets and told me he would like for me to use them, but then didn't get me any, so I took the initiative and ordered them myself off of MMH after my Nurse friend confirmed how well she has seen them work . . . So, we'll see I guess . . .

I too love everyones pictures and feel like such a loser since I don't have any. Maybe I'll get the nerve to have a friend take some of me next week and I'll try to post them. The bad thing is - I don't have ANY. I didn't take any before the band and I didn't take any before the TT - so really, there is nothing to compare me to at this point. It makes me sad and mad at myself now that I didn't realize how nice it would be to have those pics. Grrrrrrrrrr . . . . .

Lynn: Ask your doctor for a copy of your before pictures and then just doctor them up so you feel comfortable with them. Yup, my doc said to use vaseline. He said that a lot of people find Vitamin E irritating to their skin. Said its not that important what you put on the scar, the massage in the direction of the scar is the most important thing. Said to massage it a minimum of twice a day. Kind of a pain when you have to get the tortue/garment on and off to do it. Huh?!

Hi Karey,

I had some stitches taken out on Wednesday, The PS was very pleased with how things are looking, hardly any Fluid build up in the tummy, barely any bruising in the boobs. The only thing he was surprised about was that my hips were really bruised & didn't look that different despite having taken out nearly 500ml from each hip (I think thats the right mesurement... anyhow he said he took out alot.) & it's really bruised... very purple. He did say before I went into surgery that depending on swelling & bruising it could actually look worse than before! Has anyone had this kind of thing happen? I have really pronounced saddle bags & would love for them to be gone, as I was expecting from the lipo... it's a little too early to tell ofcourse, but everything else is looking good. The boobs are standing up & the tummy is nice & flat ( albeit a little swollen still) ... All in all I'm really happy.... just still have to take it easy!