Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February/March 08 plastics

ok, there are quite a few of us going for plastics in February / March.

so far:

Feb 11 - Nina (TT w/ mega lipo) & OUSooner (abdominoplasty)

Feb 14 - washinginwa (TT) & Eugenia (brachioplasty)

Feb 19 - mommi-hammi (TT)

Feb 21 - esmeralda (TT, BL/BA, lipo)

Feb 22 - nurseamy (TT, Lipo of waist/thighs/back/side boobies & a Breast Lift)

Feb 29 - losingjusme (TT, lipo of flanks/'trunk', mons 'lift')

March 5 - Karey (TT)

March 7 - Marypetunia (panni/mons 'lift')

unknown - Buffie (breast augmentation/brachioplasty)

ok, there are quite a few of us going for plastics in February / March. what are your thoughts about us not only having our individual threads but our own big thread ???

thoughts???

so far:

Feb 11 - Nina & OUSooner

Feb 22 - nurseamy

Feb 29 - losingjusme

March 5 - Karey

i read that TamifromAL may also be squeezed in there as well...

Awesome - you got a date! Who did you go with? This is getting exciting :eek:

forgot to post this link.

here is a great plastics forum. they also give suggestions for compression garments, etc..

Plastic Surgery Recovery, Cosmetic Surgery, Anti Aging Skin Care, Message Board, Product

here is more than likely where i will be ordering my compression garment from - http://nouvelleinc.com they do custom fittings as well and when i called she said it would ship same day!!

February and March are going to be busy for us girls. I'm having extended Tummy Tuck and breast lift and implants on February 14 at the cosmed Clinic in TJ, MX. I'm excited and scared. I look forward to reading everyone journey.

Connie

Thanks for the post!!

My DH and I fly in on Feb 13, surgery on Feb 14, fly home later afternoon on Feb 19th. Assuming all goes as planned.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for good luck for all of us!

Connie

Great minds LJM!! I was just thinking earlier that we should all start up our own thread so that we can motivate each other! :eek:

Could you add to the list what operations we are all having so that you can see it at a glance?

I cant believe how many of us there are, I hope that it gives everyone else as much inspiration as I have got from the previous plastics threads.

Have you stuck to your eating plan for the day? What time is it where you are at the moment?

How is everyone else doing?

Nina x

nina,

great idea ... i will ASSume everyone is having a TT for now, if im wrong, please correct me ... (yup, im a lazy bleep and am not going to check individ threads.)

Mine is TT with mega Lipo (his phrase not mine!) Oooh I love the sound of it.....MEGA LIPO....LOL

Guess I am the token man around here, huh? LOL I am telling everyone I am getting abdominoplasty. It sounds much more masculine than a TT. :rolleyes:

Great idea, LJM! I'm just not good enough about consistently posting to handle a thread on my own, but really appreciate a place to touch base with others going through the same thing.

I am officially booked for 2/15. I'm getting a lower body lift, port replacement (to low-profile port), breast lift/augmentation, a little Lipo on my thighs, and a medial thigh lift (groin incision). If the surgery runs too long (I think he said over 5 hours), then he'll have to postpone the thigh lift.

Tami

Great news Tami!!

This thread should be fun to read when we are all posting while on pain meds at the same time! LOL

Two questions that I'm toying with right now, and would love other's input on:

To unfill or not? I haven't had a fill since May, and consider it to be a fairly moderate fill level (1.75cc in 4cc band). I never PB, never have acid reflux, but still occasionally get a little stuck. To be honest, I don't want an unfill, and don't even want to ask my bariatric doc, because I'm afraid he'll say to unfill! Oh, but then again, I'm getting a port replacement. Do they unfill for a port replacment? :rolleyes: Seems like they actually might have to.

And regarding the port replacement, should I see about getting the low-profile port under the muscle (JulieNYC mentioned that possibility)? My port is very visible through clothes. I try not to hate it. I try to think of it as a very special memento from my war with obesity, and even rub it for good luck when faced with food temptations. But, alas, I hate it. I feel like an alien implanted a larvae in my abdomen, and Junior is just trying to poke out to say, "Hi, Ma!"

Are you guys going to consult with your bariatric doc before surgery?

Tami