Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MaineGeneral Bariatric Center

p.s. I could swear that I posted a reply to your last post, but there isn't one showing... Ughh! I'm sorry!

Is your weight loss speeding up any without the extra Protein and calories?? My weight is at a standstill again:( I just don't know what to do. It is so hard to work your butt off and not see results. It's been like 2- 2 1/2 weeks?! GRRRR! This too shall pass.. I guess;) lol

Anyhoo, hope you are doing better today:)

Hey Kerri-

Sorry for the 2nd plateau. Don't give up, it'll happen, and when it does, it'll all drop off at once- Don't forget, with the protien, you are apt to gain muscle, which weighs more than fat. Do your clothes fit any differently?

I'm sorry to go on about the office, but you hit the nail on the head- the later in the process, the slower it goes!! Huh, I thought it was just me being a pestering brat!!

Misery loves company- how's the Isopure and chicken broth!!

Later-

sarah

Sarah,

I was just thinking.. Somewhere on here I have seen that people have a login on their insurance page. In some instances they were able to see what their status was of their claim. Someone even wrote that her status was approved, and she found out before her dr's office did? Do you know if this is an option for you? Just an idea so you could keep track of where everyone is at on your own!

I am sorry the office is being so difficult. I hope they come through for you.. SOON!

As for my plateau.. I guess I'm just rolling with it for now.. I am frustrated, and hoping it will be over soon! My clothes are still loose, but I don't really notice anymore difference. My scale has been broken for a while now, and I've just let it go. I figured it was for the best lol.. I have scale OCD! Today I am going to buy a new one. I'm hoping it will give me the numbers I want to see??

Well, I'm off to get ready for the week- laundry, groceries, tidying up the house, and maybe some more yard work.. Yah! I am just so thrilled. ha!

Hope you are doing better with all the frustrations..I can't wait to come on here and see that you've been approved!

:)Kerri

Kerri= I'll have to try that insurance link thing- thanks! Yeh, it's funny- I'm not worried as to weather or not i'll be approved, it's WHEN! I am not a patient person, and I have had to be more than patient lately, between the whole process of the lapband, as well as a new relationship I began in January- again, I need to wait for others to be "ready" (he's not divorced, YET, and both of us are too damned moral to persue anything until he is- next week hopefully is his divorce "court date" - god it's been 6 years since my divorce, and I'm ready to go on! So, on the phone every morning and night we are... for the past 4 months. come on and get that divorce already!!) and I'm getting to my breaking point!

On the other hand (there are 5 fingers)... lol. , No, on the other hand, I cant figure out how to change my ticker on here, but since I've stopped od'ing on Protein, I am down another 5 lbs this week- so, i'm down 15 lbs total so far... I'm not counting the 20 lbs I lost when I got sick- it all came back- Water weight. I am only going to count the pounds I have honestly lost on my own. I am also down from a size 22/24 pant to a 16! I dont have any clue how 15 lbs could do that much, but I guess it was the protein adding muscle, which weighs more than fat, you get the picture- the weight hasnt' melted much, but the jiggly has. sorry bout that- had to say it!

Well, good luck with the new scales- I'll bet they will be good to you! Post new pics sometime- your progress is encouraging!

Later!

Me

I hope the insurance thing works for you! I wasn't sure if you had tried it yet or not?

Ahhh relationships! lol.. I'm sure it sucks to have to be in limbo for so long.. Putting your life on hold is never any fun, but it seems you are adjusting well! lol.. Hurry up and wait really does seem to be your motto. I really hope that things get moving for you! Man, you say you don't have patience, but I think you're fooling yourself !

Congrats on another 5lbs! From a size 22/24 to a 16?! That is freaking amazing! I tried on a 16 yesterday, but they were just too tight. grr.. I'm waiting for that day though- To officially be out of plus size:) Keep up the good work. Have you thought of doing any before pics? I almost didn't, but I am so glad I did! It helps keep me motivated. I was so happy to see a change after I hit the first 20lb mark! I can't wait to see more, I just want to be out a year already! lol.. I guess that's my lack of patience speaking:)

If you can't click on your ticker and change it from there, you may need to make a new one. They can be such a pain in the butt!

Hi Kerri- Well, an update- still nothing from insurance...But, I went on an 8 mile hike with my boy's scout den on Saturday, and I was really sore for the next day or so... but, I felt really good about myself that I DID IT! 8 miles on this ol bod isn't an everyday thing, ya know! lol..

So, it got me energized enought to look into joining the YMCA and doing the excersize equip. and cardio equip there. Turns out, since I'm already a memeber, I can use it free anytime! everyday, I do 2 miles on the treadmill, and 2 miles on the bike, for now. I'm sure I'll increase by 1/2 mile or so every week. I'm down another 6 lbs since I began on Monday... prob Water wt, but we'll see- the scales budge down about 2 lbs every other day consistantly. I feel like i'm becoming addicted to working out! Who friggin knew!

So, enough about that- Did you get your new scales the other day? What food stage are you at now? You must be happy to be able to eat somewhat normal food by now, I would guess- Any problems so far? I know you have a fill coming soon- good luck with that!

Take care, and happy losing1

Sarah

I have lost NO WEIGHT for a month. I don't understand it at all I am only getting about 1000 calories a day...I should be dropping some weight. I have been the same weight for such a long time, I am very discouraged, I have Heart Burn every night and sometimes I get reflux when I am sleeping, if I could drop the reflux and heart burn and loose the weight I will be SOOO happy!:thumbup:

Hey Kerri and all- I just called my Ins co and I was approved yesterday!! :thumbup::thumbup:They are mailing the forms to the office so they can schedule the remaining appts with Nick and the pre op stuff!! FINALLY!! Can't chat long- i'm at work, so I just thought I would spread the news!!

Sarah

YAYYYYYYYY SARAH!!!! :party:I am sooo freaking happy for you!!!!!! You must be so relieved! It's about time:) I bet you are psyched! Congratulations, and thanks for the update:)

Yay!!!!

:thumbup:

Jennifer, I am sorry that things aren't working out for you:( Can you get back in to talk with a doctor? Are feeling adequate restriction? It seems like you may be ready for another fill, but at the same time the reflux sounds like you're too full? I hope things start looking up for you. Keep your head up girl, you can get through this!

Hey all- YEHHHH!!

Just scheduled the rest of my appts! 5/6/08 with Nate, 5/13/08 appt with nurse, and then 2nd appt with Nate , and my final consult with Dr McKee is 5/16/08!! They said that I should know my surgery date by 5/19 or 20, and the actual date would be within a month of that...I'm hoping for a couple of weeks, rather than a month! My insurance approval took about 4 hours. It took 1 day for the ins company to mail the letter to the dr.. pretty quick, when all is said and done!

I have so much going on in May between this and stuff at work and home, I hope it will all go really quick! At least there is a band in sight!! Going to the gym to jog my 4 miles and work out for another hour- Talk to everyone later-

Sarah

Wow, they got you in quick for the appointments! Yay!:blush: I am so happy for you that things are no longer at a stand still! All the waiting is finally paying off:)

Jogging 4 miles?! How the heck do you manage that?? I soooo wish I could jog! Just walking the dogs a mile still kills me:( You will do great with the band!

I am hating this rainy weather right now, I am so unmotivated! I am going to take a nap, then hopefully wake up recharged, ready to do some cleaning.. YAH! lol..

Hope you had a good weekend:)

~Kerri

Kerri- Good to hear from you! How's it going??? The 4 miles is on the treadmill at the YMCA- then I go to the Nautilus equipment, and do that curcut for about 45 min to 1 hr- Yeh, I'm exhausted afterwards, but this is the only way I can see to stay on task- I fugure if I constantly overdo it, then on days I can't get motivated, I won't feel as bad- prob not the best approach, but oh well!

Hope all is well with you! Keep up the good work- talk to you later

Sarah

Hi Sarah:) Good luck with Nate today- He is full of knowledge and energy! I'm sure you'll have a great time:) One more hurdle you've gone over, and only a few left!!

Everything is going well here! I am on all regular foods, and loving it! I really need to work on the exercise part of this deal! I just signed up for our local gym again. I have a schedule set, and I need to stick to it! I'm soooo glad that Summer is coming, I am always out and about, I think it'll be easier to drop some more lbs! Today has been beautiful, and I am so frustrated that I've had to work..

Congrats on all of your hard work! Your ambition is admirable:)

Hope you're having a great day!

Hey Kerri- Best of luck with rejoining the gym! Nate was awesome! He took my routine at the gym and showed me how I can ramp it up with the ball( oh my god, talk about sore!!), and the bands. Man, they tell you not to do full body workouts 2 days in a row- now I know why. I did 2.5 hrs at the gym on Monday, not knowing what Nate was about to put me though on Tuesday! I am just today, beginning to be able to walk again- I ripped tons on muscles in my legs and calves. Plus throw a 13 hr shift running on my feet on Tues and Wed at the hospital! My legs are spent! But, they were so knotted up , that I could feel the muscles formed underneath even more! Well, what Nate does, makes the gym look like sissy work!! If I had balls, they would have been busted!

SO, how's it going with you?? You have a b day coming up in about 3 weeks!! Yeh!! Keep reaching for your goal. You'll get there!

Take care,

Sarah