Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MaineGeneral Bariatric Center

Hi Kerri! Glad you are getting closer to "B day". Yes, I got my flu shot. I work in a hospital, so not to would be lethal! The flu shot was supposed to cover both influenza A and B. I have influenza B. The shot this year didn't cover all strains of type A and B... go figure- everyone that has gotten the shot, then the flu has the same story. My advice, wash your hands, don't let your hands go north of your shoulders (don't touch your face,), and when you feel sick, go home and rest. Today is the first day I haven't felt like waking up on the "wrong side of the grass".

Keep healthy! I can't wait to hear about your progress in the near future! I'ts almost here!

Sarah

Hey Sarah:)

Thanks for the advice.. I am a frequent hand washer and when not able to wash my hands I use hand sanitizer. I petrified of germs lol.. I have to do a Blood Born Pathogens recert yearly, and just had mine last week.. I always walk out of that class wanting to live in a sterilized bubble.. lol

Unfortunately Thursday evening I started coming down with what I thought was allergies... WRONG.... It was the worst head cold ever.. I thought my head was going to explode from the pressure:( I took several meds for it, but not much touched it. Finally I found one that worked, and am feeling much better today:) The nurse at the Bariatric Center told me I was not to take any meds starting 10 days pre op.. Today is the 10 day mark (yay!) So there goes my relief! Hopefully tomorrow I am back to normal..

How is everything going for you? Are you feeling better? I have read a lot recently on the flu epidemic, it is so scary! I hope you are feeling better!! I can't find my list of support groups for March with the dates or new directions, I have to call the office tomorrow.. I hope there is a group this week or the beginning of next, I am really needing some extra support! Anyhoo, I will stop rambling, I really need to get ready for work tomorrow... Hope all is well with you.

:)Kerri

Hi Kerri! 10 days and counting!! I have #2 dietary appt tomorrow at 4:00pm. I think there might be a support meeting tomorrow night as well in the new meeting place- I'll find out more tomorrow, and i'll have to hop over to it if there is! That'll be #3 for me. Psyc eval this Friday, then ins approval, surg date, Nate, then B day! I know it's a hurry up and wait game, but my patience is wearing thin- I should keep off the before and after thread here- I'm getting discouraged, because I want to be a year from now, NOW!

I'm heading for bed, 4:30am is coming early tomorrow- stupid time change- I'll be screwed up for weeks! Plus, tomorrow is my first day back to work after being out for 2 weeks with the flu- I"m glad I'm out at 3:00 rather than 7:00pm! Thank God for appointments!!

Take care, Chat later, 9 more days once you get this!!

Sarah

Yes! 9 days!:sneaky: Pre op is Wednesday at 8am.. I am getting a bit nervous because I haven't been feeling "right" for a few days now, and I don't want anything to come up in the pre op:( Oh well, I can't stress, what's meant to be is meant to be..

Things are moving right along for you! yay! Hope your nutrition goes well today.. and the support group. I seriously need to get to another support group before surgery. I hope I can make at least one.. I need it!

I totally agree about the before and after thread.. I am so anxious to be "after" and have the pics and body to prove it:) It's coming though, we'll be there before we know it! I can't wait!

I am off to lay down for a bit, I am so lightheaded I can't stand myself.. It's making me nauseous.. Grrrr...... I hope this goes away!

Take care:)

Kerri

Hey all, I had my surgery done on September 23rd 2004, I have an appt. with Dr Treu on Friday, I was having issues and dumping Protein cause my band was to tight about 6 months ago so I had him take out ALL my Fluid, BIG MISTAKE! I went from 175-220 in 6 months, I have had 2 fills and nothing is happening now, Once a food Addict, Always a food addict. And not having carbs for 3 years my body is storing all my carbs as fat! My Highest weight was 297. I am 5'10" so I don't look soo big, but I am back to needing a nap and I never used to have to have one until I gained weight again! So, Friday is my fill and probably go for a Berium Swallow and figure this out! Jennifer

1 week and counting! I hope your pre op went well! I hope that your lightheadedness is only nerves! they can really reak havoc on you! If you feel like you are coming down with something, load up on Vitamin C and Zicam, if you can. I know there are limitations so close to surgery! Zicam is a spray or nasal swab you can give yourself to shorten the severity and legnth of a cold or flu like virus- worked like a charm for my father!

My nutrition appt went well. I had alot of questions about protien drinks (yuck) answered. I think I'll try the no taste , add to anything powder you can add to anything from GNC. What has worked for you?

Well, good luck, and i'll be thinking about you on your surg date!

(Someone told me something cute the other day in regards to treating the band as a life changing event- "With this band, I thee loose!" How true!! - Talk 2 u l8r!

Sarah

Welcome, Jennifer! Wow- you have alot of band experience compared to all of us! Any last minute advice?? Besides not to get an un-fill? Any and all advice is welcome here, as are you! I'ts great this Maine thread is alive and well again after being neglected last year!

Take care, welcome, and we all cant' wait to hear your advice!

Sarah

Sarah,

well I have had alot of experience incuding them filling me once too much, I ended up loosing 9.5 lbs in 2 days,that was dangerous though I was soo dehydrated, I couldn't even hold down Water. Ummm...the needles for the fills do not hurt at all! Less then a pinch from a shot. They do look scary though. So I am hoping to get a tight band now....It is bothering me gaining weight again. I got down to a sz. 12 jeans and now I am in 18's again...but I kept my skinny clothes knowing I will be in them soon.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The bariatric center just called to say that Dr.Trieu no longer can do surgery's on wednesdays, so they moved me up to this monday.. I am freaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of this sudden I feel so ill prepared.. My countdown just went from 6 days to 4... EEEEEKKKKK!!!!! Holy moly... I am going to be a st.pattys day bandster.. EEEEKKKKK!! I don't know what my issue is.. it's only 2 days earlier.. I can do this.. Well, I really need to get ready for job #2.. Wish me luck:)

Kerri

Yeh Kerri! Man, some people have all the luck!! Just think, by your original surg date, you will be 1/2 way through the liquid stages!!! 2 days may not seem like alot to some, but when you've been waiting for so long, hours even seem to matter!! I am so happy for you! I hope you will be well enough to let us know how it went Monday pm or Tuesday!

I finally have my psyc eval tomorrow, and another nurtrish apt with Jackie 4/15. Geez., it seems like such a long time from now- I just want it done now!!! I'm so jealous, but happy for you. I know it's been a long wait for you, and you deserve a little good early news!

Best of luck this weekend! I'll be thinking ' bout ya on Monday- sending good vibes...

Sarah

That is awesome....I like Dr. Trieu, he is so nice, he said my port is easy to find and fill, I hope he'll fill another cc at least tomorrow. He is just so posative all the time...anyhow, congrats, pray for my fill to work and I'll pray for you on Monday! :smile2:

Thanks Sarah and Alexsmom for the encouragement.. I really need it.. I can't believe I will be banded in 4 days.. oh my.. I already have my weekend planned.. Cleaning, laundry, find my heating pad, buy lose fitting sweatpants, shopping for gas-x strips hehe:) I need to get my ducks in a row!

And Sarah.. About the luck thing.. you made me laugh out loud.. I truly have the worst luck.. honest to God! I am shocked this happened to me! I guess being a st. patty's day bandster isn't so bad. After all I'm 1/2 Irish! I WILL be missing my Dad's traditional corned beef and cabbage meal:( Ok.. and a glass of Guiness hehe

Best of luckwith your psych eval tomorrow!! I think I already asked, but are you doing it at Health Psych Maine? Have a blast with the 567 true false questionaire lol.. Hopefully they give you a computer! I had to take mine the old school #2 pencil and paper way. You are flying right along girl! You'll be there before you know it:)

Alexsmom, best of luck to you tomorrow! I agree, Dr. Trieu is super nice, and so upbeat. He really knows his stuff too. I hope you get the 1cc that you are looking for:) Good luck!

I'm off to try to change my ticker...

:)Kerri

Kerri, have fun shopping! My Psyc eval was at Me General. It went ok. I guess if you lead as much of an uneventful life as I have, you shouldn't have problems. He was astounded to hear that I dont, and never have, smoked, drank, used drugs,or caffeine! I don't drink coffee or soda, and only have food as a bad habit. Nothing else to say or ask, so he sent me into a closet to answer a 136 true/false eval type thing where they ask you the same questions 10x over, just reworded... man, I hate those!

I did manage to go to GNC in Augusta too, and picked up my protien drinks to try, and the powder you can bake and cook with- clear and tasteless...

You say that you never have good luck- well, your luck has changed- now, stay healthy, and get lots of rest Monday afternoon, because I want to hear all about it Monday night or Tuesday!!! I am so excited for you!!!

Sarah

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The bariatric center just called to say that Dr.Trieu no longer can do surgery's on wednesdays, so they moved me up to this monday.. I am freaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of this sudden I feel so ill prepared.. My countdown just went from 6 days to 4... EEEEEKKKKK!!!!! Holy moly... I am going to be a st.pattys day bandster.. EEEEKKKKK!! I don't know what my issue is.. it's only 2 days earlier.. I can do this.. Well, I really need to get ready for job #2.. Wish me luck:)

Kerri

Hi Kerri, Congrats!! on your date. Boy I bet you are excited. Good luck and let us know everything when you get home. Elaine

Yay Sarah, the psych eval is over!:biggrin: I wish I only had to answer 136 questions.. Gahhhhh that was the worst part for me, it took me almost 2 hours!! Was there a question in there " I feel like I'm being robbed" or "People are out to get me".. lol.. I had to laugh at some of the questions.. hehe Some of them wer so random and bizarre!

How much Protein is in the stuff that you found.. Am I understanding it right that it's like the new Fiber stuff out- odorless, tastless, and you can put it in anything??? That sounds wonderful!:smile: I just went with the Slim Fast Low Carb for now.. I have always enjoyed them while on Atkins, so I just decided to stick with what I know..

The OR called today, I don't have to be there until 12:45pm... The good thing is though, that the nurse said I can drink Clear Liquids from when I wake up until 9am:) I am going to be stressing all day now! She said to plan on being there between 4-6 hours total, then they'll drug me up, and send me off.. Sounds interesting! I'm sure I'll have a sleepy hour ride home. (Or so I hope)

Thanks Sallie for the congrats, I am super excited and just getting used to the fact (finally) that this is actually going to happen! I will definitely try my best to get on here when I get home Monday to say a quick hello.. It probably will be around 8 or 9pm:)

Hope all is well with everyone!

:) Kerri