Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MaineGeneral Bariatric Center

Sarah, the Isopure after taste kills me.. It may be just me, because other people don't seem to be bothered by it? I can be funny with tastes and textures sometimes, so it's probably just me:) I have no idea about my port.. I had no time to ask. Unfortunately at my post op I had a bad experience with some things. I'll have to PM you I guess.. I'm not one to complain, I'm a bit frustrated still!

I was thinking about the Special K Water for during the day, instead of just drinking Crystal light and water... I am still drinking 2 Protein Shakes a day to keep up on my goal, but if I could have a couple SpK waters, and hit 2 birds with one stone.. I wouldn't have to drink both shakes:).. Just an idea.. I'm going to buy some tomorrow, it's a bit pricey I see?!?

Anyhoo, I am off to eat some tuna before heading out to my other job.. Yay for real food! lol

:)Kerri

Kerri- Sorry the aftertaste bugs you! If you take them back to GNC, they will refund your $- even open containers of powder protien mixes, etc... They have a 100% satisfaction garantee! Sorry to hear your recovery time was "eventful"- anything I need to try to avoid? Feel free to PM or email me whenever- sometimes I forget I'm typing for the world to see on this thread!

I am still in the hurry up and wait mode- I really hope things speed up from now on...this month at a time waiting is really getting to me, and I have alot going on in May, so I really want my date, at least, so I can schedule my month! Oh well, I guess I'm just complaining to complain!

Later,

Sarah

Hi,

I was banded 1/14/08 and I had a hard time finding a Protein Drink I really liked. I decided to try Profect, as my nutritionist said a lot of patients liked it. You can order it at Protica.com. It is pricey, but you get 25 grams of Protein in a 2.5 ounce vial. It comes in a variety of fruity flavors. At first I found there was still a fairly strong aftertaste, but after about a week it's unoticeable.

Hey all.. I finally hit my first 20lb mark! I made a side by side pic to send to my Gram and Gramp so I wanted to share it.. I originally recorded that my weight on day of surgery was 245, but I have thought all along I started at 242?? I'm not sure, so either I am down 21 today, or 24 lol.. I was surprised to see any difference.. But I think there is some:)

~Kerri

33tgwi1.jpg

6fr1cj.jpg

Kerri! Wow- what a difference! You really are on your way! Look at the collar bones, and the side view shows a difference too! Keep up the good work! Thanx for posting pics- inspiring to see- I really am getting impatient now- I think I might just start myself on a 2 week liquid diet on my own, just to get the momentum going... still no surg date. Still have to meet with Nate, do preop, last nutrish appt, insurance approval- it seems like it's never going to be here! I just want a date! At what stage did you get your date? Last nutrish appt? after ins approval? i'm getting bummed-

talk later- keep up the great work!

Sarah

Kerri- I just read back to the timeline you provided- I think I've answered my own question... hurry up and wait-

Sarah

:confused2: Is there anyone out there??? Kerri, Where are you? Hope everything is going well!

Sarah:blink:

Haha.. Hi Sarah:) Yah I'm still here.. Things have been soooo busy since being back to work!

I've been working on the Isopure's to try to keep my Protein up.. I guess they aren't too bad. I like the fact that I can get in my fluids and protein:) I have hit a wall with my weight loss.. I expected to plateau at some point. No fun. I'm hoping to get over this hump soon, so I can lose the next 22lbs!

How's the waiting game going for you?? It's so easy to get impatient, I know.. Have you been going to support groups? I need to get my butt in gear, and get there. I actually enjoy them.. Anyhoo, hope all is going well. I am cooking my Mom's favorite for her birthday tomorrow.. Unfortunately my favorite too eek! lol I will behave, I will behave!! hehe

Chat soon:)

Hey Kerri- Happy Bday to your mom! Sorry about the plateau. It'll get better- Rome wasnt' built in a day! Yep- the time passes, and I still dont' have a surg date! this has been the longest waiting stretch, and it's only for a nutrish appt!!! man oh man, I've lost another 8 lbs on my own, but, man, this process is so slow!

So, you must be on regular food, almost! Maybe you could have a tounge taste of your moms meal! -

I was going to go to this past Mondays meeting, but I got tied up transporting a couch...bummer- We'll have to make a point to get together before a meeting sometime for coffee or Soup or something- misery loves company!

Take care,

Sarah

Hey Sarah! How was the last nutrition appt? Now it's just waiting for insurance, right? You must be so excited to have the last of the requirements done! Were they able to give you a round about when you should hear back? Ahhh... The waiting game is almost over!:confused: Hang in there- It will be here before you know it! Congrats on another 8lbs! I am so glad I was able to lose some before surgery, am I am sure you will be too!

So finally I *think* the plateau is OVER!!! This morning I was 219.5.. That is 30lbs since pre-op, and 22.5 since surgery- 4 weeks ago today:) I am sooo hoping to be under 200 for my birthday, June 4th.. I really think I can do it! I am so freaking excited that the scale finally moved, it's been like a week and a half of struggling to keep up my good habits, and not letting the numbers get to me. I really need to run over my scale, I think I would feel better lol.. I can't keep it in the house- It's killing me?!?!

Anyhoo, I hope all is going well! I def agree that we should meet up sometime.. over Isopure and chicken broth?? lol.. Just kiddinggggg:) Hope to hear from you soon!

Kerri- So glad to hear the plateau broke! You'll be well into onederland before you know it! I know how you feel about the scale- scale THE SCALE!!! Hey, why not? Women burned their bras in protest, why don't we burn our scales (or fat clothes; we won't need them anymore!). Sorry to get off topic there...

Yes, my last nutritionist appt went well, once I got there... It takes 45 minutes, door to door for me, usually. So, when I got delayed at work, and didn't leave work until 3:35, I Knew I'd really have to push it, so I called and told them I'd be 10 min late- that was fine as I was Jackie's last appt for the day- anyway, in Wiscasett, there was a car accident, blocking the road! 10 more minutes waiting (Wiscasett is 35 minutes from Augusta)! So, here I am, 3:45, leaving Wiscasett, for a 4:00 appt, and I'm at least 35 minutes away!! Guess what, I walked in the door at 4:08. Holy &hit! Wisc. to Augusta in 18 minutes! We arent even allowed to do that driving the ambulance!! Oh well, I got there...

I asked Jackie when she thought my date might be around, and her reply was that she had to submit her report, then it had to go to team, then insurance, which apparently they only do once a week, or so. Then she told me that hopefully they could get me in before SUMMER when the Dr's go on Vacation- what a frign letdown! So, that put me in a really bad mood... When I checked out, Jackie asked the receptionist if that was accurate, and she said, Well she's already gone to team, even with only 2 nutritionist reports, phyc is in, and she had actually submitted to insurance while I was in my appt! They said my ins co. usually takes a couple of days, and they would call me with a date- prob. 3 weeks out from now- plus meet w/ trainer, and preop testing, which I might get by not doing because I have had labs, ekg and chest x ray, full body cat scan, and halter/event monitor for 24 hrs- more than they even need! ( Thank god it is all normal!) No pre op diet is required, (i'm on my own, anyway). Sorry to go on about nothing- it's been a whyle since I've written- Yes, we should get together over some Isopure and chicken broth! Talk later- email me if you want- bunit78@yahoo.com.

~Sarah

SO, still hurry up and wait..

Soooo... little miss lead foot! haha.. Doesn't it seem that when one thing goes wrong, everything else hits the fan as well! A true test of strength and sanity!

That is so awesome that they submitted you to insurance already! YAY! I bet it will be sooner than the 3 weeks... They better get you in before vaca's!! I'd strangle them! lol

Well I am of to my *wonderful* job.. It has been hell lately, lets hope the clients have gotten out, and enjoyed the sun- Maybe they had cabin fever?! Best of luck with waiting, it's right around the corner:)

~Kerri

Ok, I guess I was lied too- again! I called bc/bs to see what the status of my approval was, and they hadn't received it! While I was on the phone with them, they called the office to confirm the fax #- She said that it would be faxed on Monday, because they were waiting for the 3rd nutritionist report! WFT?? They told me, in front of the nutritionist, that she was submitting it to insurance as we spoke! Maybe after I left there was some hindsight, and they wanted it to be approved the first time, so they are waiting to be sure they only have to submit it once!? I dunno- I'm just really frusterated! My wt loss really slowed down, which I didnt' understand, because I am excersizing like, 1.5 hrs a day, and eating right, and drinking my isopure... The dietician looked at my intake, and, because I was drinking the protien drinks as well as meeting my protien goal with food alone, I was drinking, with the drinks alone,per day, an extra 300 g of protien and 650 calories! OMG!! I am on protien overload, as I am getting 80 per day with food- with my personal goal of 76 a day. She was really concerned about my kidney function after overdosing on protein! All is fine- I checked- one of the bene's of working in the lab... Anyway, I hope everything is getting better for you! Are you on solid regular food yet? Man, to feel human again, or for the first time is going to be awesome!

Take care, chat later-

Sarah

Hey everyone- I'm getting really discouraged! The office still hasn't submitted to insurance, because they don't have the final write up from the dietician- she's been sick. They said they would prob. submitt at the end of next week... Then, they said that it would take aprox 30 days because of the ins I have. I have been told by alot of people that the ins I have only takes a few days- we'll see... I'm just really gettting aggrivated at the whole process. I know they say it's a 4-6 month process, but come on! I have had more delays and mis information than I care to have! They only had to say this: " Well, hopefully we can get you in before the surgeons go on vacation this summer." I am about to call them and say screw it, I'll go self pay- this just seems like it's taking so long to do nothing!

Sorry to rant and rave- i'm just really getting tired of this " game".

Later-

me.

AAWW!! I am so sorry Sarah- This has got to be seriously frustrating! Hopefully the dietitian will get her butt in gear, and get the paperwork in.. How unfair to you! I too have had many frustrations with the office, and hoped that it was just me and my bad luck. Maybe it's just the office in general:( At first things were great with them, but closer to surgery through now they have seemed really slack. I don't blame you for feeling frustrated! It's one bump after another.

I guess all that I can say, is keep your eye on the prize, and know that YOU ARE GOING TO BE BANDED!! This is the end of the road, and soon it will all be behind you!

I'm sorry this is happening, and hope that things move along before the time line they gave you. Keep your head up girl!