Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MaineGeneral Bariatric Center

Hey Sarah:)

Yah, I'm excited to finally be joining the gym again! It is effective as of next Thursday, 2 days after my first fill.. I will be getting my butt in gear! I have 13lbs more to lose before June 4.. I really want to make this goal, it would mean the world to me!!!

I'm glad you liked Nate. He is just a ball of energy! The ball kills me too! It is fun but painful, and ohhh do I ache the next day! A good ache though;) I love the bands too, but I hope to be doing most of that stuff at the gym now:) Good luck on your workouts, it sounds like you are a woman on a mission! You go girl! I told my husband I want an ipod for my birthday, I'm hoping it will motivate me.. I know I would be losing more if I was more diligent with workouts.. I need to stop being lazy!

Well, I hope you have a great weekend, and a Happy Mothers day! Looks like a nice few days, I'm still waiting for warmer weather though:)

Keep up the good work!

~Kerri

I'm off for my first fill.... I hope this goes well.. I'm feeling a bit nervous this morning! Just had to share:)

~Kerri

Ok, I've officially been filled:) I now have 5cc's in a 10cc band! I had my first fill at the hospital. It wasn't to bad. I was in and out in 20 minutes, waiting and all! Dr.Trieu said that he was aggressive with this fill, but the barium flowed right through. He also said I must be very careful, as it will be easy to have an "episode" lol... We'll see I guess.. Protein Shakes and Water for the next 24h, then to mushies, then back to normal.. Maybe I'll drop a few more lbs????:thumbup:

Yay!!

:)Kerri

Yeh Kerri! I was wondering when your first fill was going to be!!

So they do the first fill under floro? How weird! That barium stuff tasted horrible, Ive heard- just stomach it, I guess! I'm so happy that you got an aggressive fill! 5cc seems like a lot, seeing as people on this site seem to be happy with a 05 or 1.0 cc fill! I guess with a 10c band, there is alot of wiggle room! Also, that means that youve lost enough so far for there to be room around that band! Way to go!!

I had my 2nd appt with Nate today, then I have my final consult with Dr McKee this Friday! I'm not sure if they said that they would have my date for me on Friday, or if they would submitt it for request for time on Friday.. Oh well- One thing I did find out today, is that my brand new stupid scales at home are wrong!! They were off by 6 lbs! I got weighed today to make sure I wasn't in danger of being within 5 lbs of beginning wt. My scales at home had me 6 lbs heavier!! She told me what the wt was, and I was shocked! 18 lbs down total since the initial appt in Feb.I still feel like I should have lost more by now, but I think, and they all agreed, that my Protein overdose for 4 weeks prob put on more wt than lost. Oh well! Just wanna get the show on the road!

Good luck on your mini goal! You'll make it!

Later!

Sarah

Hi Sarah, yes the first fill was under fluro.. So weird! I saw everything:) It went pretty well! I only had to take a sip of the barium so it wasn't too bad. When they diagnosed me with my hiatal hernia and GERD I had to drink 2 cups of it- blechh! It's not great stuff.

So final consult is tomorrow- You must be stoked! It's about time:) Do you feel like you're at the finish line?? Now all you need is your date:) I personally think that they should send out for a date when you give the the $500.. Doesn't that prove to them that you're going to stick with it? At that point you're already approved by insurance, and all you have left is Nate and the final consult.. Grrr.. lol. They make me frustrated! Anyhoo, enough bickering for today:)

I'm off to work, and maybe the gym, yahoo!

P.S. Congrats on 18lbs! You go girl! You've got quite a jump on me- I'll have to get my butt moving:)

Good luck tomorrow!

Hey girl! Did you lose 5 lbs since your fill?? You are going to be at 190 or less by your birthday!! Congrats!! I just really want to jump on the bandwagon! Thanx for all of your support with my complaining about how slow this seems to be! I know I just have to be patient! Nate was awesome! He says stuff to make you feel good about yourself, but then you think- he problebly says that to everyone to get them going!! Oh well, it sounds good to hear someone like that anyway- I had my Nurse consult before I met with Nate- waste of time IMHO. 10 minutes to tell me everything I already know- most of it from this site, so I guess they have to tell everyone everything! It was worth getting weighed then, because I found out my scales were off at home! Do you tend to fluctuate 5 lbs or so a day? Man, I hate that!

Well, happy losing, and I'll chat with ya later!

Sarah

Hi Sarah! How did the final consult go? What happens now? Waiting for your date? I am soooo excited for you that this is finally happening:) I think I had to wait about a week for my date, but I'm not sure how your Doc does things? As for the nurse consult- I sooo agree! And when I went I had to wait 55 minutes, for a 5 minute visit.. grr... That got to me a little bit! Anyhoo..

I have lost about 4-ish since my fill. The first day I felt really tight, like I really had to take small sips of Water. I don't feel so tight now. I am definitely eating less... Well see:) I have 9lbs to go before being in the 190's, and about 20 days to do it. I think I can do this! My gym pass finally started up on Thursday, but I haven't been yet.. I have had a hectic few days filling in for other people and appointments.. Ughh.. I was excited to sleep in this morning and go to the gym, but guess what? I was called in this morning?! UGGHHH! I only work 12-5 though, so hopefully I can go after:)

I do tend to fluctuate 3-5lbs during the day.. I wouldn't know this if I didn't step on the scale every time I walked by it lol.. Bad habit #247 haha..

Well, I hope you're doing ok, the waiting is almost over! Have a great weekend!

~Kerri

P.S. how are things going with the bf??

Hey Kerri! Glad to see the fill is working! 4 lbs is nothing to shake a stick at. Yes, I agree, I shouldn't hit the scale everytime I walk by it- discouraging to say the least!

The appt went fine- he told me about the 5lb rule from pre wt, but I'm down 18 lbs since first appt, so not a problem- he said that I should do very well with the band if I've lost that much on my own in 2.5 months. He also said that I have really strong abs (under all that xtra fluff), and my skin should mold well- I guess working them beforehand really pays off- I have done kickboxing for 3 years now, and that is the best kind of excersize for the abs. I did ask him what band he uses. He uses the 10cc band, and gives a 2-3cc fill at the time of banding. He asked me if there were any other questions, and I said, "yes, can we do this tomorrow???" He just chuckled, and said, "let's go have Pat submit this to the O.R today instead of on Monday. You seem ready to get this on the road." Pat said that I will hear from her as soon as she knows the date. Man, the past 2 weeks really flew by with the appts!

Things with "talking only" bf are the same- I will im you or email you with the rest, as I keep forgetting that this is a public forum- wouldn't want big brother watching or anything-

look for my IM or Email.

Later-

Sarah

Holy smokes, girl! 18lbs down is great! And to hear that you have good abs.. Wow.. I don't think I have any at all.. lol I'm glad that they submitted you early. I can't wait to see when your date is. I'm going to keep checking, waiting for the god news:)

Everything is still going good here. I def need more of a fill though. I'm not nearly as tight as I thought I was. I think the 4lbs I lost was from liquid and mushies again... Maybe I'll just go on a liquid diet forever lol..

Well, I'm off to work.. Yay.. I am so excited to get out and go camping this weekend, it's something I look forward to every year. This year in particular because of our looong winter! The weather looks great so far, but I'm still crossing my fingers. Do you have any plans?? Do you camp at all? We do it the old fashioned way; tents, no running Water (besides the river/ lake) and no electricity:) Just the way I like it!

Well, can't wait to get the reply with your date! I am so happy for you that it's almost here!

Kerri- Wow! Only 8 lbs to your mini goal!! You go girl!! This has been a sucky week- my Grandmother passed away yesterday, and I am trying to make the arrangements, and work at the hospital, and help dad at the office so he doesnt' need to be there.. Too busy to eat, so I guess I will drop a few lbs by the weekend...

Yeh, I like to camp, same style as you- I do like it if there is a shower in the area...We go camping at Glenn Ellis in NH in the fall. It's in the white mountains, so It's pretty nice.

dbf has D- day in court today!!! I cant' wait! Mixed feelings on his part, but thats to be expected- he just wants to be able to move on!

Talk to you later- have fun this w/e!

Sarah

Kerri- Pat just called, and JUNE 10 is my date! :eek::) I have pre op on 5/29 and all the other physicals and stuff that day too! Oh man, hurry up and get here! I told you I was an impatient person!! I am just SO glad I finally have a date! gotta go- I just had to tell someone!

later 'gator

Sarah

Sarah, so sorry to hear about your grandmother:( Remember to take a few minutes to take care of yourself, girl!

CONGRATS ON YOUR DATE!!!! It's only like 3 weeks! I am sooo happy for you:) Also congrats with the bf- what a relief that must be for you!

What a lot of information for you to be taking in all at once.. Take care of yourself, and if you need to vent, I'm here:)

~Kerri

Ok, Kerri, I think this is our own personal thread now! Thank you for your kind words. Today is being spent picking out flowers, and making arrangements- I hate this- My aunts are kind of having me do alot of this, because " Ive done this before"- as in, my mother died 10 months ago at the prime age of 56, and i have the whole funeral thing down pat... Anyway, more bad news- dbf's mediation hearing didnt go as well as planned, and now they have to wait for the judge to decide- sometime next month... Well, at least it gives me more time to shed the jiggly stuff some more- I told you that we havent even met yet, right? We've talked every day and every night for 5 months now- what an awkward first date this one will be- we already know about everything you could know about a person!- But I am eternally greatfull that he is a huge supporter of my banding. He's tall and really built, but we know eachother's minds, and that is what being is all about anyway. Anyway, I hope you have a great day, and sorry for dumping my crap your way- We should get together sometime and pb or slime or something- just kidding- you r doing great on solids already! Call the office to see if you can get another fill- like .5-1.0 cc or something! Chat later!-- btw if you want to e-mail me...bunit78@yahoo.com.

Thanks for being an ear (or an eye, I guess I should say...)

Sarah

Well, I guess this has turned into our very own thread.. If someone chimes in now, they've got a lot of reading to do! I'm going to call the office today to see if they'll fill me a little more. I'm not supposed to go in for 6 weeks, so I'm afraid they're going to tell me to get lost lol.. I def need more in by 6 weeks! Well, 5 weeks now.

No progress photos as of yet. I'll do a few when I come back from camping.. I'm hoping to get a little tan?? If it's possible:) This morning I was 207.. So one more lb down.. Ughh! I am so close! Luckily most of our camp food is Protein, and I am out and about all weekend, fishing, walking, lugging wood, maybe I can lose a few more:) My husband likes junk food for camp, so I'm going to get stuff I don't care for.. Trying to plan ahead. I hope this works!

Have you gotten any pics of yourself to do comparison? I'm telling you, you won't regret it! It's great to look back on. Did the office do a polaroid of you at your first consult? I'm curious to look at mine. I think it's a good idea:)

Well, off to job #2.. Yay. lol.. It sounds stressful there, not looking forward to this longgg shift!

I hope you are having better weather than I. It's cold and wet here, I just want a nap!