Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MaineGeneral Bariatric Center

P.S. It is so awesome to see so many people on the Maine board! I was so afraid I'd be the only one on here when I joined in September! It's great to have all this support.. Thank you!!

You guys rock!:biggrin:

hey all!

I got my fill today, Dr. Trieu thought my son Chris was huge, he kinda is, he is 5'7" tall and in a mens 12 shoe and he is only 12 years old. Anyhow I went from 1.5 to 2.2cc, hopefully it will stay the way it feels right now. I could feel the differance immediatly. So, I sipped a lowfat chocolate milk on the way home and now i am eating thin Tomato Soup with 2 small crackers in it that are now mush! I am being good I had a farewell to my soda and from now on if I want caffine it will be iced coffee with sweet and low. So, I am doing well...have a nice night all!

Jennifer, I'm so glad your fill went well today! Hopefully, that fill will do ya for a whyle! Dr Trieu is so awesome! He's not my Dr, but he did an info night seminar I attended- He seems so nice! Your son is 6" taller than me! A gentle giant, I imagine- Good luck with the liquids for the next day or 2, and I hope to hear from you soon on the thread!

Sarah

Kerri- Just think, you wont' have to rush out the door Monday for an 8:00 surgery! ok, the dirt on the GNC stuff- HUGE TIP- go during the first week of the month- that's when all their protien stuff is buy one, get one 50% off! I hit it on the head today! I bought GNC pro performance whey Protein, unflavored. You can bake, cook with it, stir it into Water, milk, Jello, pudding, anything! each scoop has 21 g protein. It dissolves almost completely, although there is that protein presence there! - a 1.5 lb can, which is 24 servings was marked $27.99, but rang up 17.99, plus buy one get one 50% off- I also got premixed isopurte Icy orange and the fruit punch kind. It's a 20oz bottle, either orange, fruit punch, mango, or apple flavor. It's clear- and tastes just like Gatoraide. It also packs a whoping 40g protein per 20oz bottle!! 2 a day and your requirement is done! It's a little pricey- $3 something a bottle, but buy one get on e50%off again, the first week of the month!! A case is discounted 20% on top of that, and my GNC GOld card discout was an additional 20%! So, I spent $34.00 there, and saved $84.00!!! Super nice staff, too!

I could go on and on!!! Have a great last bash weekend, and good luck Monday!

Sarah

Just thought I would give you all an update, I am one day out from my fill and I lost one lb..not bad huh? So, I had Tomato Soup last night and I had Apple juice last night to. And lowfat chocolate milk. This morning I have had Apple Juice, and I am making a Protein Powder shake in a couple hours. Then I will make more Soup for tonight. Just thought I would update you all!

Jennifer, Thanx for the update! Congrats on the weight loss! One pound at a time is how we all need to look at it! - And convince ourselves that one pound- gone forever! Once your body realizes (sp?) what's going on, the other #'s will just fall off! Congrats on your continued efforts. You have alot of stregnth to continue your journey after having a bump in the road. Take care, and happy losing! I can't wait until I can go to bandland too!- Hopefully the end of April- not soon enough!

~Sarah

Congrats Jen!! You must feel so relieved to be back on track, and finally feel some restriction!:( Keep up the good work, can't wait to hear how things are going!

:)Kerri

Holy moly Sarah, you hit the bargain jackpot! I have never heard of the Isopure stuff.. It sounds good, and 40g of Protein is fabulous! My protein goal is 80g per day, so 2 of the bottles would do it! Plus help with my Fluid intake for the day as well:) Is there a GNC in Augusta or do you have one near you? I have nothing here and searched for one in Augusta, but no such luck.. I stuck with the Slim Fast because I couldn't find much else, all I have is a Wal Mart:(..

The whey Protein unflavored stuff sounds like a lot help to get the

daily requirements in.. I hope I can get some of that Isopure stuff, $3 a bottle is a bit pricey, but just about what I would spend on Slim Fast..

I'm going to go search again for a GNC in Augusta, and hopefully I can stop in before I go to the hospital tomorrow:) YAYYYY!!!!

Kerri, There is a GNC in the plaza next to home Depot in Augusta- in the Market place across from the Civic center. I think I misquoted the price. I looked at the recipt, and before discounts, it was $3.89 a bottle, i think. Pricey, but get it on sale, it's premixed, clear as a bell, and if $8.00 a day to fulfill protien requirements will do it, it's good for me! Get a case, if you can, on sale- alot at first, but it's the only thing I can tolerate!! Good luck tomorrow!

~sarah

Hi Sarah.. I got the Isopure at GNC tonight. I decided to have my "last supper" hehe at Olive Garden, I had never been so some of our friends got together:) It was a good time plus I got my Protein drinks:) I got the punch and blue raspberry. I got a case for $40, they were buy one get one half off..

I am off to bed, surprisingly I am so mellow tonight?! I cleaned all day, plus when I got home and did shopping for all the liquids I need. I hope I am well prepared..I can't wait to get the showon the road.. We'll see how calm I am in the morning;)

:mad2: Kerri

I am sooo disappointed.. This morning I got a call saying that my surgeon had an emergency surgery, and I need to be moved up an hour.. Ok.. Gives me more time to finish up around the house... While doing laundry they call again, bad news... Dr.Trieu canceled my surgery, he won't have enough time today, I go in Wednesday... WHICH WAS MY ORIGINAL DATE?!??! UGHHHH.. Last night I had my last supper, made sure I had everything I needed was in order, I spent all weekend cleaning, and was ready to roll... Such my luck I guess.. This happened 6 times 2 years ago while trying to buy my house.. I ran out of patience, and just couldn't take it.. This is a big deal here.. GAHHHH!! I AM SO FRUSTRATED.. Well, I Am off to mope around, and maybe walk the dogs to blow off some steam:(

Sorry to complain:(

Kerri!!! WTF??? Man, I'm so sorry that happened! I guess you can look at it this way- you want Dr Trieu fresh and rested when he bands you, not tired and worn out from a day of emergency surgery! I was praying for you at 12:00 noon today for a great outcome- I'll just have to do the same on Wednesday! Chin up, and have 2 more blowout dinners- an excuse for dh to take you out!!

Talk to you later-

Sarah

I KNEW it was too good to be true.. My luck is such... AAAGGHHHH!! I just want to get this show on the road! Thanks for thinking of me at noon:).. Unfortunately that's when they called me to cancel.. lol.. Although maybe the prayers worked to help me keep my sanity.. I can't believe how well I took it!!

Tonight we went out for dinner and a movie with my sister and her boyfriend... One more day to go.. (again..) I can do this! They will call tomorrow with my time to be there.. KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED FOR AN MORNING SLOT! I was starving and soo thirsty by noon today! lol.. I'll let you know the time whenI find out.

OK.. So I wanted a morning surgery.... and that's what I got..lol.. I am reporting to the hospital at 6a.m... Which means I am leaving at 4:30- 4:45ish in the morning.. Holy moly, not the best time for someone who hates mornings to be out and about.. But I will take it! YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! I can't wait!

:) :sad: :) :) Kerri!!:) :) :) :)

Kerri, Ok!! I'll be at work by the time you need to be at the hospital, but I will still be thinking of ya! Tomorrows the day! (Don't forget to change your ticker- It had me confused earlier!! ) Have a great day tomorrow! Just think, you'll be home by 12:00 noon!!

Talk to you later!

Sarah