Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MaineGeneral Bariatric Center

I just noticed that there is a Maine forum here and thought I would chime in on this thread.

I was banded on March 19th (waving to Kerri with the same "birthday") at Maine Medical Center with Dr. Wolff and doing alright. Still having some pain that keeps me on meds at night and a few other odd issues. I posted tonight on another thread about my little self pity party today :thumbup: I guess these things happen.

It will be nice to stay in touch with some other Mainers going through the same journey!

Veronica

Hi Veronica, and welcome to the Maine forum! How cool is it that we were banded on the same day! yay!! How are things going for you? Are you still on liquids? It surely gets better as each day goes by! The only discomfort I feel at this point is minor port pain once ina great while, especially if I move the right way.. I was thrilled to start mushies today!:) Hope you are feeling better, and I am super glad you found us here!

:eek: Kerri

Just checking in with everyone! Kerri, how's the mushies?? Have you returned to work yet? Hi to everyone else, too! Shrinking v, basketgirl, alexsmom34, Galina, I hope I havent' left anyone out! I'm watching all of your progress from afar, and can't wait to be banded...still waiting for that final nutritional appt and submit to ins...long wait.

take care, talk to you all later!

Sarah

Hi Sarah:) All is well with the mushies! I am so glad to be able to eat again:) I have gained 1lb, which I expected, getting off the clear liquid phase. I am not back to work until next Thursday, Dr.Trieu has patients take 2 weeks:( I definitely feel good enough to go back though! I have my post op appointment next Tuesday. I am excited to get the okay for work and more activities! Hopefully I can keep my weight down until my first fill. I am expecting some weight gain with the introduction of normal foods, but I would be devastated to gain it all back!

When is your last nutritional appointment? It must be coming right up! You will be a bandster before you know it!! Hope everything is going well for you:)

~Kerri

Hey Kerri- My last nutritional appt is 4/15. I still have to meet with the trainer, do pre op stuff, insurance approval, final consult, oh man, it's so far away!! I'm thinking that the last leg of waiting should be faster, as I don;'t need to wait another 4 weeks between nutritional appts, etc. I'm hoping I can do my pre op at the hospital I work at, and just fax the results... that would save alot of time, because I wouldnt need to really schedule stuff- if they have an opening or cancellation where I work, as a co-worker, they will grab you out of work last minute to get stuff done- the insurance waiting game scares me a bit- I did come up with 1 more comorbidity, ( kind of):blush: though! When I was in the hospital w/ the flu 2 weeks ago, I noticed one of my glucose readings was fasting, at 125!! That wasn't ususally an issue for me, but when your body is all meesed up with a virus, like the flu, it can reak havoc on your blood sugar! The nutritionist told me to fax that baby in!:scared2::w00t: I can use all the comorbidities I can get, as I only have a qualifiying bmi, asthma,joint pain, and mild hypertention- not all real die hard qualifiers! But, that 125 sugar sure is!!

Glad you're doing well- talk later

Sarah

I am down 8 lbs now.....:smile: I have 47 to go! My goal is to get there by July 1st...I bought some ensure this morning, and I had one, they are pretty good and you get your Vitamins and stuff. So, I need to start eating more fish for Protein. I love Beer Battered Haddock or Talapia, YUMM! Anyhow, have a great night all!

:biggrin:Hello everyone. I am in the beginning stages of my weight loss journey and looking for support. I have had one appointment with a nutritionist and plan on attending the next Waterville seminar. Anyone else going?

I can't weight to BE HEALTHY!

Hi Jennifer.. Congrats on your loss! That's great:) Are you planning on going back for another fill eventually, of are you satisfied where you are?

Welcome behealthy! It's always great to see more Mainer's on here:) Is there a Waterville bariatric program? I know Augusta has some meetings there, just wasn't sure if there's a program there?

Anyhoo, congrats on getting started on your weight loss journey, and finding this site. It is full of info! Let us know if we can be of any help to you:)

Sarahh.. are you out there??? lol.. Hope everything is going along smoothly with you.. You are too funny with the increased blood sugar reading.. lol.. My understanding was that if you have a qualifying BMI and one comorbidity, you are pretty much set as far as approval goes. Have you looked through the insurance thread about BCBS at all?? (I think you said you have BCBS? lol).. I'm forgetful for sure!:scared2:

My mushies are still going great. I am eating most of my Protein for now! yah!!:sad: I can't wait for Wednesday, as I will be able to eat some more "normal" foods:) Also Tuesday is my post op, so I'm pretty psyched to weigh in on their scale.:wink:

I'll stop rambling now lol.. Hope everyone enjoys this warmer weather coming up, I'm soooo excited! Take care all,

~Kerri!!

Edited by k_podski
sloppy fingers;)

Kerri- yeh, I'm here, just alot goin on! So glad to hear you are able to eat your protien now! Doesnt' the surgery seem like eons ago?! Look at how far you've come! Good luck at the post op appt- I have searched the bcbs thread, but nobody seems to have my exact health plan! I have Anthem bcbs- Health partners. I just want things to go quickly! I hope it isn't too long after my last nutri. appt to when I can schedule my date! I've heard anything from 2 hrs to 30 days on the ins approval- let's hope for the 2 hrs!!

Behealthy- welcome! You are getting into a fabulous program with Dr Trieu and McKee! The office staff is so nice, and they dont seem to mind being bugged with "stupid"questions or requests! Good luck with your nutritionist appt!

Well, I'm off to bed, so I can wake up to another $ucky Monday!!

See everyone later!

Sarah

Behealthy- Dr.Trieu did my Surgery:).. As Sarah said, the Augusta program is wonderful, and everyone is so helpful! Good luck at the seminar, and don't be afraid to ask questions, they have all the info you need:)

Sarah,

I just looked in my planner. My last nutrition appointment was 1/24, got approval on 1/31. First fitness guru appointment and nurse consult was 2/14, second fitness guru appt. and final consult with Dr. Trieu was 2/21. Received surgery date 2/28 for 3/19, and a pre op date of 3/12.

Hope this helps.. I can't remember if I put up the dates before? lol.. As always there's a disclaimer with my experience, but I figured it would give you an idea:) I am sooo crossing my fingers for you to have a 2hr approval!:crying:

Off to make myself eat something.. gahhhhh.. So glad I'm not hungry, but it's hard to eat when your not.. I guess there's a first for everything lol..

:)Kerri

Kerri- thanx for the timeline! It is very encouraging! I hope the real food is going well! Yeh, I know I still have a long ways to go, but I'll get there! Sorry it's so short tonight- going to bed-

Sarah

Hi Sarah-

Glad the time line helped:) I had my post op yesterday. I am down 17lbs from the last time they saw me, and 25 since I started my journey:) I had one stitch poking out, so they pulled it up a little bit and snipped it.. EEK! I'm a wimp, but it really didn't hurt, I was just being a chicken. I have my appointment for my first fill May 13 at Maine General!

Stupid me I never asked them what kind of band I was going to get before surgery.. Dr.Trieu said they have been using a new band for the last 2-3 months. It's called a AVG or VGS.. lol.. Too bad I asked and can't remember lol.. He said that the advantage to it is that it's pre-filled with 3cc's (hence the fact I am NOT hungry). Also the older bands had the balloon around most of the inside of the band, but doesn't go fully around because of how the band clipped together around the stomach. In this band the balloon goes fully around the inside, leaving less chance for the erosion on the stomach.. Hope I explained that right lol..

Also, if I ever get to a support group at the same time as you, I have like 8 Isopure's left.. If you want them you can have them. I just can't drink them! They're expensive little buggers to be wasting:)

Anyhoo, I'm going to get my butt in gear, and bring my note to my employer. Back to work tomorrow!:thumbup:

~Kerri

P.S. Sarah, have you tried the Special K Protein waters?? I want to buy some, but don't want to waste any more money on something I won't drink lol.. I was curious if it had the protein-ish after taste??

:wink_smile:

Kerri- Glad to hear everything is going so well! Why can't you drink the Isopure? Is it the taste? Yes, I have tried the premixed special K drink-= the fruit punch one.. To tell you the truth, I liked the alpine punch Isopure better! More Protein for your buck. The special K has 5 or 10 I think- If you can't stand the Isopure, then it might work for you! Thanks for the update on the new type of band! Do you know if you also got a low or high profile port? Not too much of a difference, but the low profile port shows less on a thin abdominal area, which we are all aiming for!

Thanks for the updates, and have a great time adjusting to real food!

Sarah