Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Sue, this has nothing to do with the band web site, but when I saw your name, I was wondering if you ever lived in upstate NY. I went to school with a girl with the same name. Of course it was a year or two ago. lol. Just curious. I'm fortunate I can even remember back that far.

Linda

another upstate New Yorker here, from many years ago..

where abouts in upstae are/were you 2 from

lived in he southern tier (Painted Post), just outside of Corning. No to far from the PA line. How about you?

Didn't realize we had so may New Yorkers here!! I grew up in Buffalo/Cheektowaga.

12_3_5.gif

Hey me too! Born and raised in Cheektowaga, raised my kids in Buffalo (Lovejoy area) and now live in Akron NY. Such a small world

I see my doc on Sept 9th and hope to be banded soon after.

Nah, I wasn't too bothered by them calling me the rash girl. I figure they'll always know who I am now. Not that they are impersonal or anything, but they are so busy sometimes. whenever I've been in with the surgeon or nurse, they focus totally on you, but I noticed once in awhile they gotta look in the file for a name. Now they know me between all my visits, lap band, gall bladder, rash, thrush and of course fills. I did bring them a bouquet of flowers yesterday and a thank you card in appreciation of them always getting me in when there's been an issue. Rash is about the same today but the stronger RX hydrocortisone is helping the intenseness of the itching.

And now for the good news, I lost 2 lbs this morning!! I am one away from hitting 60!!! That makes 10 lbs in the month of August. Not as rapid as my first 2 mos after banding but a pretty good pace, I'll take it!! I joined the Halloween challenge on one of the other boards on here and hope to hit 75 by Halloween.

Thanks Everyone for the suggestions. It is a long weekend now so on Tuesday I will call the doctor and see what can give a little.

I would give anything for a bowl of cream of wheat right now. I say this is day 5 and I feel great - the incisions are looking good and do not hurt at all. I do, however, have this lower back pain. Anyone experience that after surgery? Could that be part of the gas? I didn't start to experience it until yesterday. Today I walked a good bit and that seemed to ease it up some but let me sit down in a chair or try and sleep and it's very painful. Other than that I am great - down 9 lbs. since Monday. Wasn't expecting that either but when you are on nothing but liquids I can't see how you would not lose weight.

Please share any experiences here.

Thanks

Sandi

I lived in Rochester, NY until 1979, then moved to Wilmington, DE

I have been having terrible issues with food lately. last fill was 8/8, and I was doing fairly well. Now everything I eat is causing an issue. And I cannot eat too much at one time. It is such a drastic change, this far out after a fill.

Has anyone else had this issue, or any suggestions from anyone out there? :smile:

Man-O-Man!! I left the board for a while because I was so overwhelmed at work ---and now I just read -- like 50 pages to catch-up with ya'll!! You've been BUSY!!!!

deedee--I did 3 whole weeks of clear liquid after banding too. It was hard. They told me I could add in some skim milk after a week but that only lasted 1 day (I don't think I even drank milk when I was an infant!!!) I did get kinda spaced-out and weak.

Janet--What have you been hearing about the length of time we should wait for skin surgery? I think it's still too early for me to tell -- but so far--the only thing I see sagging are the girls (big time!!). I wonder if I have to wait until goal weight to get them done or if I can do it before goal weight.

Everyone is doing great -- and I'm glad to see so many women in here! Have a great weekend!

I

It can be overwhelming how many pages go by if you miss a few days on this thread. The view first unread tab does not seem to work for me. It always just brings me to the last post.

I am glad to see you back Penny. I thought you were a guy for a long time, since your user name is Rugman!

Hi Denise--

yes---I'm thinking of changing my handle because others think I'm a guy too. When I first joined the board – I must have tried to pick a hundred IDs and they were all taken. I picked “RugmanForever because "Rugman" was an ID for a very special friend (my soul mate) who passed away a few years ago. But I do think I’ll change it one of these days.

Denise---I saw your post about your Vitamins. Are those things really big? I need to find a good vit. that contains everything I need. I'm not taking any and I should. I don't want anything really big -- and once a day would be easiest.

Man-O-Man!! I left the board for a while because I was so overwhelmed at work ---and now I just read -- like 50 pages to catch-up with ya'll!! You've been BUSY!!!!

deedee--I did 3 whole weeks of clear liquid after banding too. It was hard. They told me I could add in some skim milk after a week but that only lasted 1 day (I don't think I even drank milk when I was an infant!!!) I did get kinda spaced-out and weak.

Janet--What have you been hearing about the length of time we should wait for skin surgery? I think it's still too early for me to tell -- but so far--the only thing I see sagging are the girls (big time!!). I wonder if I have to wait until goal weight to get them done or if I can do it before goal weight.

Everyone is doing great -- and I'm glad to see so many women in here! Have a great weekend!

I

Hey Penny glad to have you back - yep our thread was slow for a while and now it's picked up again with the new banded and to be banded 50+ gang...

As far as PS goes - I think it's up to the doc -I have read here where some pple get PS before they have lost all their weight. Me personally I would wait til I got to goal then go for a consultation.. I wouldn't want PS when I still had 50 lbs to go...

My girls weren't great before I lost the weight - they are now TOTALLY defated but what bugs me the most is my arms - the rest is taken care of by good foundation - when my $$$ is right I will look into getting my arms done and my face.. And will aske about the rest of the body - who know how much it will cost to have a body lift - but I think about the pain - I don't like pain.. even for vanities sake... Don't know what I will have done..

I also want arm surgery when I am done with losing. But I hear the scar (elbow to armpit) can be ugly ugly ugly! Does anyone know about this?

I also want arm surgery when I am done with losing. But I hear the scar (elbow to armpit) can be ugly ugly ugly! Does anyone know about this?

I met a girl when in Vegas in June who had the surgery - you could see the scar but it wasn't that bad and she was only like 6 months out from the arm surgery..

They do have a new procdure where they make a hole in your arm pit and pull the skin up - but I don't know how tight they can get it - I think it would depend on how much saggy skin you have.

IMHO I think I will take the scar over they saggy skin and scars do fade with time - I had my gallbadder out 20 yrs ago when they still cut you open and that scar has faded.. I'm a yr out from my band surgery and the port site has faded some still a little redish but not bad..

I met a girl when in Vegas in June who had the surgery - you could see the scar but it wasn't that bad and she was only like 6 months out from the arm surgery..

They do have a new procdure where they make a hole in your arm pit and pull the skin up - but I don't know how tight they can get it - I think it would depend on how much saggy skin you have.

IMHO I think I will take the scar over they saggy skin and scars do fade with time - I had my gallbadder out 20 yrs ago when they still cut you open and that scar has faded.. I'm a yr out from my band surgery and the port site has faded some still a little redish but not bad..

I too am thinking about PS. I think I my vcall the recommended surgeon here in De and get a consult. just toget an idea of what would be involved, and to see if they had some sort of pre-pay option, to get a bit ahead on the cost. I would not plan on having anything done until I was near or at my goal..

I am originally from Lawng Island...now in Vegas!!

Down yet another 2.2 lbs!!! Total now of 54.4 lbs!!! Gooooooooo Looosssiiieee!!!!

Fran

xo