Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

The jar thing sounds like a great idea. I am going to pass that along to the weight loss bible study I joined. I need a visuial aid too. I guess m&m's wouldn't be good to use.:blushing::lol::biggrin: WAY

ah no probably not!! :) My jar would be empty and I don't even like chocolate much but M & M's I make an exception.

milkshakes and Soup today... that's it so far...

I really need to get back on track!!

The jar thing sounds like a great idea. I am going to pass that along to the weight loss bible study I joined. I need a visuial aid too. I guess m&m's wouldn't be good to use.:):lol::blushing: WAY

No, I don't think M & M's would work for me. I used colored paper clips once and made a long chain I hung from a magnet on the refrigerator. It was nice to see!

The jar thing sounds like a great idea. I am going to pass that along to the weight loss bible study I joined. I need a visuial aid too. I guess m&m's wouldn't be good to use.:blushing::lol::biggrin: WAY

M&M's.. funny.. haha. Charlene you have a cruel sense of humor...

:)

milkshakes and Soup today... that's it so far...

I really need to get back on track!!

Hand cuffs coming out Candice... :biggrin: Come on the holidays and summer are over... Back on track girl... :blushing:

M&M's.. funny.. haha. Charlene you have a cruel sense of humor...

:)

food cop on partol:sneaky:

No M&M's they would never make it to the jar !!!:thumbup:

Hand cuffs coming out Candice... :blushing: Come on the holidays and summer are over... Back on track girl... :)

food cop on partol:sneaky:

No M&M's they would never make it to the jar !!!:biggrin:

I know that's right! Hey, Janet on the other thread you were talking about amounts you eat. Do you eat 1 cup of food? My doctor wants me eating 6 half cups of food a day. I find if I eat a cup of food it does hold me for a longer time. And what do you eat for Snacks? Or do you eat snacks? Just curious. I am getting a fill Sept 8th and I hope it helps this hunger.:thumbup:

A visual for weight loss is great, I like both the colored paperclip chain and the glass of beads, ideas

All i have as a visual is the chart/graph that i see on MyDailyPlate when I change my weight..

I did lose .75 # on vacation, so that is 4.75 since my fill on 8/8/08. I am sure all the seafood I ate on vacation helped me out alot.

Definitely a slower weight loss for the past 2 months, but I knew that would come.

I know that's right! Hey, Janet on the other thread you were talking about amounts you eat. Do you eat 1 cup of food? My doctor wants me eating 6 half cups of food a day. I find if I eat a cup of food it does hold me for a longer time. And what do you eat for Snacks? Or do you eat snacks? Just curious. I am getting a fill Sept 8th and I hope it helps this hunger.:party:

Charlene

I usually eat 1 cup per meal - this morning dannon light and fit yogurt and 1/4 c granola - starving by 11 had a Fiber One Bar - lunch 1 cup if not a little more of pinto Beans with some ham - 1 bite of lemon cooler cake (sliver bite) - this afternoon hungry but didn't eat anything that's a lie I remember i had one 2 x 2 chunk of watermelon and drank my Water - just got back from exercise and am not hungry right now - dinner will be 4 oz fish - 1/2 c rice and 1/2 c veggies - then a pudding - fudgecile or popcorn -depending on my hunger it could be 1 or 2 or all 3.

I am a night time eater I have always been and always will be - I have always budgeted my calories to compensate for this - I usually don't eat snacks during the day cuz I have to save those calories for my night time munchies -

I tell you all that I am a food addict as longs as I don't eat I am fine but once I start - it's like someone opened the flood gates - this is mostly at night but I am always tell everyone - I can eat dinner and be physically full but want to eat more.. My band stops me from eating a lot at one time but it doesn't stop me from grazing.... And I could do that..

Last night had 4 may 5 oz of steak - small read potato and 4 small Brussels sprouts - then about 2 hrs later had fudgecicle and 2 pudding all sugar free -

Snacks - 100 calorie popcorn - sf choc & banana & choc puddings 60 calories - string cheese -80 calories fiberone bar 130 or a Protein Bar 190- watermelon 100- sf fudgecicles 100- pringles lite (made with that olseo something - 14 chips for like 70 calories - and may have with lite sour cream - 24 tostedo bite size chips 130 calories -

Attached is a sample menu...

A lot of pple say that fill helps their hunger - for me it does and it doesn't - I do stay full longer (as long as I am eating hard protein) but I can't say that it takes away my hunger 100% - I still think about food and want to eat food - and I do - now it's just healthier food and less of it and not as often - I have learned that being hungry isn't going to kill me - but being fat was - and when I can't ignore it any more - I find something to eat that will be filling and not full of calories..

My doc told me I need to eat more during the day so that I didn't want to eat at night - I have tried and tired it doesn't work for me - so I do what works for me .. I budget my calories to feed my hunger when I don't have the control - which for me is at night.

I am a firm believer in doing what works for you - if eating 1 cup for the 3 meals makes you feel full and for a longer period then do that.. It's up to you but you really do have to find out what works the best for you - so that you will be able to make this a lifetime change...

Ok another book of Janet's - I am sure glad you guys don't complain about my long post:lol:

Deedee---that’s a great first week weight loss . . and . . .yes. . . I do think it’s “normal” to lose that much. I had Clear Liquids for the first 2 weeks and it does take a LOT of weight off.

Long2TobThin---Wow! That’s a great idea! I love it! People are telling me that I look really different but it’s hard for me to understand because I can’t SEE it. Maybe what you are doing will help with that.

Sunshine---It really does sound like Water.

As you can see---I have changed my ID from RugmanForever to Desdemona (the Italian pronounciation!). I guess with the weight loss I’m feeling more like a Desdemona than a Rugman!

Well, how about giving me some advice. I sure need it. My dr took half my Water pill, half of my blood pressure meds and half of my sugar meds from me two weeks ago and I'm feeling fine. But, I am retaining lots of water. So she told me to increase my Protein. But I have gained 5 lbs in a week. How did I do it and and how do I lose it now. Is it water weight? I was only getting about 30-40 gms of protein a day and the rest was carbs and fruits. Help me please. I go to ssee my surgeon tomorrow and when he sees I havent lost only maybe a pound, hes gonna have questions and I wont know how to ans. HELP ME.

lINDA

A visual for weight loss is great, I like both the colored paperclip chain and the glass of beads, ideas

All i have as a visual is the chart/graph that i see on MyDailyPlate when I change my weight..

I did lose .75 # on vacation, so that is 4.75 since my fill on 8/8/08. I am sure all the seafood I ate on vacation helped me out alot.

Definitely a slower weight loss for the past 2 months, but I knew that would come.

Lynn,

that's good to still lose while on vacation. Most people gain. You must be so excited to see a "1" in front of your beginning weight instead of a "2". Keep it going!!!!

Well, how about giving me some advice. I sure need it. My dr took half my Water pill, half of my blood pressure meds and half of my sugar meds from me two weeks ago and I'm feeling fine. But, I am retaining lots of water. So she told me to increase my Protein. But I have gained 5 lbs in a week. How did I do it and and how do I lose it now. Is it water weight? I was only getting about 30-40 gms of protein a day and the rest was carbs and fruits. Help me please. I go to ssee my surgeon tomorrow and when he sees I havent lost only maybe a pound, hes gonna have questions and I wont know how to ans. HELP ME.

lINDA

Linda

Drink more water - which will make you pee more to get the water off - Only 30-40 protein - I am suppose to have minimum 60 - reduce your carbs - I know a girl who says that for her carbs make her retain water and my trainer told that to my workout partner too..

He is going to understand if they have taken away your water pill - they may need to put you back on it.

Are you tracking your calories have you changed your eating or exercise since going off your pills and gaining the 5 lbs - if you haven't changed your eating then I would say it's water weight..

Talk to your doc about it..

Good Luck... Janet

lINDA

Linda, add some good quality protein like chicken or fish you don't have to eat much to get some good protien it's usually like 7gms protien in an ounce I think. If you don't have room in the pouch for more protein, cut back the carbs and fruits. Eat protein first, for me it's supposed to be 80% of my meal and eaten first, then if room the carbs as in fruits and veggies and if still room the carbs like whole grains. Also be sure you are getting a minimum of 64 oz of water. Seems strange to drink when you are retaining but you really need to to flush it out. Also, I've heard if you put lemon in the water it helps as a diuretic, not sure about that though. Good luck. Congrats on getting off some of your meds.

Well I am off to my PCP today to see if I can get to the bottom of this awful rash. It has spread up to my breasts, between them, on them, under them. I'm just miserable. Why won't it go away??? GRRRR

Last night I had my support group and was so sad to hear the leader is leaving. So far no one has stepped up to take it over, you have to be 6 mos post op so I couldn't if I wanted to. I hope they find someone as the next closest ones are just so far and hate dealing with driving at night in the winter.

Scale still not moving back down. GRRR