Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Great idea, Janet. Maybe LBT should talk to some of their advertisers about that. Between sponsorships, vendors, and $$ from attendees, maybe something could be put together. I go to large quilt shows every year - sponsors, vendors, lots of quilters spending lots of money with said vendors. I think the organizers of these shows must be doing okay because they are growing and adding shows every year. Three or four have been added to the list this year. Could be worth looking at...

Becky - Yep I can tell you that when I met my other lucky #7 girls it wasn't ackward at it - it was like we had known each other for years.

So Yes - I bet we would have fun..

I wish LBT would do a bash like the other lapband board did.. That would be great - but it would take alot of time and $$ to do it - but wouldn't that be great a LBT convention...

What other lapband board? Is there another place? I go to Obesity Help sometimes but find their boards harder to navigate, I get lost real easy!

I have my gym clothes on this morning and plan on hitting the gym before the grocery store. Can't do much on weight machines yet but will do something cardio.

Yesterday I went through all my pants in my closet and sorted through what fit and what didn't. Today I plan on going through the blouses and sweaters. Those seem to fit longer though as who doesn't like a baggy sweater? At least I do! But if it has a XX in the size or 22+ it's still gonna go! ;)

What other lapband board? Is there another place? I go to Obesity Help sometimes but find their boards harder to navigate, I get lost real easy! :cursing:

Yahoo has a "Group" called Smartbandsters. They had a "Bandster Bash" in Seattle last Feb on President's Day weekend and I think they're going to do it again next year. I think that's the one she's talking about. They do a clothing exchange, before and after slide show, etc. and have lots of good speakers including some on plastic surgery. I think some of the docs come, too, including one or two from Mexico.

Hi all! So glad you're all still here. I've been gone (in my own world) since the first part of July, haven't done my weights since July 2nd, haven't been regular with my exercise and let myself slip into old habits due to work stress & hours. BUT.......thanks to my band my weight has stayed the same. I learned so much about myself and so much more aware of how I react to things when I don't have time or take the time to take care of myself. This time of year at work is typically chaotic & stressful, but it caught me off guard & just slipped up on me.....but good days & bad days balanced out. So, I'm thankful I could come back here for some tough love and understanding & hope in some small way I might help someone else when they hit a bad place in their journey.

Phyl - love your new picture! You can see how your success makes you feel from the inside out.

Janet - thanks for the PM to help me swallow my pride & come back to face the music! Thank you.

Denise & Chris (Snowbird) - I really enjoyed lunch on Monday while you were both in Phoenix visiting. It makes such a difference to talk one on one & in person, with other banders. You both have done such a great job and I appreciate your friendship and support.

Hope everyone is having a good week! Carol:redface:

Judy - google Yahoo Groups, pick the first entry, then search on their home page for Smartbandsters - I just did that and it came right up. You can join from there. See you there....

Hi girls! I am having my band Friday and am I feeling the nerves!!!! But I am also excited too. This site has really helped me get rid of a lot of my fears but the anxiety is still there. :confused2:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:thumbup:

Hi Everyone

I had my surgery on Monday 8/25 and home yesterday. Today I feel so much better than yesterday so I have to hope that each day will be like this going forward. Janet you said you were back to work Day 6 - that's great! The doctor doesn't want to see me for three weeks but I planned on going back to work on 9/8 - I thought two weeks would be good as I too have an office job so I don't think it will be a problem.

Would like to draw on some of your experiences though. I have read a lot on here about bandster hell - that shouldn't be happening now should it? From the time I woke up I have been starving and I wasn't allowed anything but ice chips until yesterday afternoon. There were six bariatric patients done the same day on the same floor and they had me in with a women who was in a car accident - Breakfast, lunch and dinner came through for her. I thought that was wrong - should have been with other patients who had the same thing going on.

Has anyone else experienced HUNGER the first couple of days?

I am doing the SF Jello, popsicles, broth, tea (no coffee) and it's just not cutting it.My poor husband has been eating while I am asleep but today I didn't sleep much so he made spaghetti for dinner (my homemade sauce) I thought I was going to jump out of my skin.

The good news is that I came home without any diabetes medication to take. That was the biggest reasons for this, the weight loss will be great too but first and foremost I need to get healthy - so while I was in the hospital my sugar numbers were so good I won't need to do a think. I have a follow up appt 9/18 -do you typically get a fill then?

Just would like to hear how you handled this hunger!

Sandi

Welcome new bandsters, This is a good place to be. OkieChick, don't be afraid. It is going to be great for you. We are all scared of the unknown! It will be just fine. As far as hunger right out of the hospital, I did not have that at all so all I can say is keep up with the liquids and be patient.

Beckyo

I have been starving. I do not have my first fill until the 10th and today has been a really bad day. Some days I am able to handle it, but today was not one of them. I am trying to stick to Proteins when I want something extra as that seems to satisfy me the most. With restriction from the fill do you continue to get this hungry? I feel so discouraged today.

OkieChick, getting nervous before hand is normal. I couldn't understand it when it hit me as here I was so excited to get my date and then as it approached I started freaking out. I just told myself that I made this decision with a lot of thought and research with a clearer mind (not one freaking out before surgery) and rested in that. It's normal to get scared before any surgery I think.

DeeDee, nope wasn't hungry til about the 2nd or 3rd week and I was on mushies and then solids at that point. Are you getting in some Protein Drinks?

Beverly, you are officially in bandster he$$. My hunger did go away on my first fill for about a week. Then it was back and it went that way for about 2 or 3 fills. Now most of my hunger is in my head. I think it will depend on how aggressive your dr. is on fills. Hang in there.

Okay now this is a rant: Is it too much to ask of a person to call and tell you they aren't going to make it when you make plans with them? GRRRR Tonight was a lap band support group through my dr/hospital. It took me an hour to get there. It was the 3rd time this gal and I had made plans to go to a group or class together, she cancelled the previous two at the last minute, but at least she told me. I drove an hour to meet her, and NO SHOW!!! So frustrating. I did say for the group and it was okay, but it's not a group that I will continue with as it's too far, I already go to a different one. A couple weeks ago I was to meet someone else for lunch for our 2nd try, she no showed the first and then no showed again. These are all lap band folks too. And after no showing, not even an apology or explanation or anything. Next time I said no. But I was really excited to meet some fellow banders (the gal tonight I have met before) so am so disappointed. Rant over.

Hi all. I got my band August the 8th. the 17th I left my home on a business trip. I received absolutely no guidance from the hospital... except ice chips the frist 24 hours and liquid diet for 2-3 weeks. I am feeling a little lost at the moment. I am living on Protein Shakes and baby food veggies. I find myself not hungry most of the time... but when it hits... oh my:drool:... I muster up the will power and drink some Water.

My first question is.... when does the first fill usually take place... and does one start over with liquid diets?

thanks for listening:confused:

Edited by soccerdadks

Welcome SoccerDad,

I have not been banded yet, so can't give you specific advice from experience, but wanted to welcome you anyway. I know some docs recommend Clear Liquids like broth, apple juice - others go for "full" liquids like creamy Soups, smoothies - "anything you can get through a straw". Would your surgeon's office be able to give you more guidance than the hospital did?

From all the posts on this thread I do know one thing. The first few weeks are tough - lots of questions, new habits getting established, major changes for those who are banded. I can't wait!! because it will also be very rewarding to start moving toward my goal. Others on this thread will be a great help to you, 'cause they are doing it too. Good luck to you!