Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I got a call from the Dr.'s office. The nurse said she wanted to speak with me about my surgery date!! Unfortunately I wasn't home and have to wait until Monday to return the call (boo-hoo). Anyway, hopefully Monday I'll be able to post my Band date!!

Hi everyone, first of all good luck to all of you new bandsters. Don't be afraid of afterwards. I was terribly scared and I had all kinds of crazy thoughts going thru my head (we all do) but its great now. You do need to have plenty of Protein drinks on hand for after. Something I don't ever do is take my measurements. I need to do that also. I am down about 31 lbs but I think tomorrow I will take all of my measurements and see how that goes. It amazes me how when I read all of these different threads the huge difference in how much people loose throughout the process and how very different everyones fills work. I think at times it is hard to know if your fill is working or not. I do know that we do get fuller on less food now but it it is a unique experience for each and every person. Enough of that, today Barack Obama came to Springfield where I live to announce his vice if he wins, and boy was it crowded in town. TV says there were 35,000 people downtown and it sure looked like it. Everyone wants to see a piece of history being made. Well talk with ya all later.

Beckyo:thumbup:

Then, Becky, all those people are coming to my town next. The Democratic Convention starts here on Monday and they have so many road closures etc. Rush hour for folks working downtown is going to be awful, especially on Thurs. night during the acceptance speech. Obama wanted it to be moved to the Bronco stadium so starting at 530pm, I-25 is going to be shut down for security, that is the main thoroughfare/highway in and out of downtown. It will be crazy. I went to the airport to have lunch with my husband (works there) on Friday and the security was something I haven't seen since I worked at the airlines in the aftermath of 9/11. The protest groups are gearing up, many residents are leaving town and renting out their homes. Hotels were booked solid for months. however, my daughter (works at a major hotel chain) said the past few days the DNC has been cancelling tons of rooms and now they have vacancies they could've sold. It's just a mess. I guess it's always that way when ever anything major comes to town. I remember living in Salt Lake when the Olympics came to town, same sortta deal. Next week in will be Minneapolis' turn with the Republicans. I don't go downtown often but think I will avoid it next week for sure.

Long I agree with you. I have never seem soo much security and road closings from the airport to downtown. I mean everything down there was closed off except one corner and you had to stand in long long line just to go through security one by one. Can you imagine 35,000 going thru one security area. It was crazy and it was very HOT today and there was a blues and barbeque festival down there today taboot.

Beckyo

Just saying hello. Not sure if all my user set-up info was done correctly. I just joined LBT this evening, have been reading posts for a few weeks. I was banded May 12, 2008 by Dr. David Kim in N Richland Hills, Texas, the best doctor I found in all my research. I have had 3 fills in a large (14 cc) band and have lost 54 pounds, so I'm happy about that. I enjoy reading other people's ideas on how to succeed. :biggrin:

weight.png

Welcome lapgandnana.

Looks like you've been doing fantastic since your band!! 54 pounds since your band is GREAT!

I am looking at all the terrific weight losses for all of you since you began the process. I lost 16 pounds before banding, then I was banded on August 6, and I have lost 13 pounds since banding. That seems rather slow to me. I am still on liquids until September 2, then two weeks of soft foods. My first fill is on September 9th. My question: Did you lose more rapidly before or after your fill?

Edited by MaryD

Hi I'm new to this group. I had surgery in Jan. 08 and I am down 55lbs since surgery. I lost 25lbs before. Total 80 lbs. It is slow going now. I went for my 4th fill on Friday. I had restriction before but I am not feeling any now. It is making me nervous. Of course I have not had solid food yet but I will try some today and see how I feel. Then if no restriction I will have to go back to the doctors. Well congratulations you are all doing great and I hope you feel as good as I feel.:biggrin:

Just saying hello. Not sure if all my user set-up info was done correctly. I just joined LBT this evening, have been reading posts for a few weeks. I was banded May 12, 2008 by Dr. David Kim in N Richland Hills, Texas, the best doctor I found in all my research. I have had 3 fills in a large (14 cc) band and have lost 54 pounds, so I'm happy about that. I enjoy reading other people's ideas on how to succeed. :(

weight.png

(not sure how that ticker got quoted as it usually doesn't) anyway welcome Lapbandnana. I also have a 14cc band and had 3 fills. And am down about the same weight. Keep coming back this is a great group of folks and they are so friendly and supportive!

I am looking at all the terrific weight losses for all of you since you began the process. I lost 16 pounds before banding, then I was banded on August 6, and I have lost 13 pounds since banding. That seems rather slow to me. I am still on liquids until September 2, then two weeks of soft foods. My first fill is on September 9th. My question: Did you lose more rapidly before or after your fill?

So you are calling a 13 lbs loss in the 18 days since your surgery slow? That's awfully close to a pound a day if you look at it that way. THAT'S FANTASTIC!! but to answer your question on liquids I lost a lot, on mushies/soft foods, not so much, then starting losing better on solids. It's stayed pretty consistent through my fills so far. But please don't look at your progress as slow. Congrats!!!

Hi I'm new to this group. I had surgery in Jan. 08 and I am down 55lbs since surgery. I lost 25lbs before. Total 80 lbs. It is slow going now. I went for my 4th fill on Friday. I had restriction before but I am not feeling any now. It is making me nervous. Of course I have not had solid food yet but I will try some today and see how I feel. Then if no restriction I will have to go back to the doctors. Well congratulations you are all doing great and I hope you feel as good as I feel.:banghead:

Welcome, Nancy! Congrats on 80 lbs! That's awesome. Glad you are feeling so great, I feel better and better with every pound lost.

cher......They told me that my medicare would pay, and what they didn't pay my supplement would pick up. It just depends on if your medicare is primary, if they arn't they might not pay or not as much. You would think that all insurance would pay for banding with no questions as it is a life saver.... Ma

:)Banane20.gif YIPPEEE!!! I DID IT...I DID IT!!! I BROKE THE 300LB MARK!!! LOST 4.4LBS THIS WEEK FOR A TOTAL OF 52.2LBS!! I LOVE LOOOSSSIIIEEE!!!

FRAN

XO

:)Banane20.gif YIPPEEE!!! I DID IT...I DID IT!!! I BROKE THE 300LB MARK!!! LOST 4.4LBS THIS WEEK FOR A TOTAL OF 52.2LBS!! I LOVE LOOOSSSIIIEEE!!!

FRAN

XO

THAT's AWESOME!!!

Contratulations on your achievement! I can so recall only a few short months ago I crossed that 300 border, and vowed never to return again!! Now my goal is crossing into onederland! Only 29 pounds to that mark. Isn't it fun? Kudos!

Hey, I have to share a NSV. Yesterday I rode one of our horses for the FIRST time. I haven't been on a horse for 30 years!!! When I was young my dream was to have a horse someday and I took a few lessons when I was 21. (Only had done trail rides when I was a kid). My daughters ride and each has a horse, but in all the years of being chief groom and bill payor, I never rode them. Yesterday I just decided it was time--even though I still have a way to go before it would actually be fair to ask them haul me around. Anyway, it was only walking around the arena, trying to remember how to do this...after he was good and tired out from my daughter riding him, so that he wouldn't do anything silly...but hey, it was fun!!!

I didn't remember how HIGH up and FAR from the ground you are up there, at the mercy of this animal! :-) I plan to do this more often now. :)

Then, Becky, all those people are coming to my town next. The Democratic Convention starts here on Monday and they have so many road closures etc. Rush hour for folks working downtown is going to be awful, especially on Thurs. night during the acceptance speech. Obama wanted it to be moved to the Bronco stadium so starting at 530pm, I-25 is going to be shut down for security, that is the main thoroughfare/highway in and out of downtown. It will be crazy. I went to the airport to have lunch with my husband (works there) on Friday and the security was something I haven't seen since I worked at the airlines in the aftermath of 9/11. The protest groups are gearing up, many residents are leaving town and renting out their homes. Hotels were booked solid for months. however, my daughter (works at a major hotel chain) said the past few days the DNC has been cancelling tons of rooms and now they have vacancies they could've sold. It's just a mess. I guess it's always that way when ever anything major comes to town. I remember living in Salt Lake when the Olympics came to town, same sortta deal. Next week in will be Minneapolis' turn with the Republicans. I don't go downtown often but think I will avoid it next week for sure.

The convention always created traffic nightmare, as any big event in any city.

Glad to see my fellow Delawarean Joe Biden on Obama's ticket!!

Fran & Liz, congrats on your victories!!! I crossed out of the 300's a bit ago too and vowed never to go back. Crossing into them is what made me realize I had to do something soon. I haven't had a 1 in front of my weight in over 20 yrs. And now I crossed over the 250's to the 240's so I can say I am closer to the 1's than the 3's now!!!

Am going shopping with my daughter today. I have something to return at Penney's not sure what she has in mind. Tomorrow I go to the dr. and get the results of my 3 mos. post banding blood tests. I am anxious to see how they compare to my preops. May get a small fill haven't decided.