Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Hi Everyone,

It's been a few weeks since I've been on and there are so many new bandsters! Still working on getting approved but I was wondering, if anyone has United Health Care, do you need to have a repeat of a sleep apnea test if you had it done two years ago. I have severe sleep apnea and have been using a cpap machine since then.

Any info would be appreciated.

I have United Health Care, didn't need a sleep study but then again UHC would not pay for my surgery and I had to do self pay.

Can anybody tell me how to correct my ticker? My dau downloaded it for me, but put in wrong info ref weight etc. I have no idea how to change it. Also, this is probably a stupid question, but when you refer to 75% Protein and 25 % carbs, what are u counting, weight, calories or what? I'm lost.

Linda

Long2bthin - and anyone else who has gray or white hair

I went from years of coloring my grays (since my 20s actually) and decided to go "natural"

especially after seeing the rare photos of myself (like driver's license) with not-so-nice hair color of what I thought was a dark blond/light brown. :)

The white REAALLy aged me - and with pale skin and the weight I looked disgusting. :crying:

I found color-depositing Shampoo and conditioner

tried it and liked it.

It's hard to find - online it's pricey if you can find it -

but I found a nice version at the Sally Beauty chain stores.

It's available in blond, brown and red -

I picked the brown and used both the shampoo and conditioner.

It looked great - or at least that what several people told me.

Even the dog-rescue lady (a total stranger) complimented it.

I now use a shampoo for brunettes and added a generous glug to the shampoo and the conditioner and alternate with each shower.

Looks subtle and natural - like I'm just starting to go gray. :)

Just a suggestion for those who DON'T feel comfortable with gray or white.

July 10th was my day! :) I just started eating regular foods at 3 weeks. Sometimes I can eat a few spoonfuls of oatmeal and feel full and it almost gags me :crying: and then other times I feel (and) can eat a whole lot of food. I actually ate a whole bowl of oatmeal this evening.

The 1st post op I had lost 4 lbs but of course that was right after all liquids. Now I feel like I've gained that back. :tt2: My next post op is Aug 11th. I'm still healing so is this telling me that I'll probably need a fill? :confused2: They said to eat until I get full but sometimes I think I'm eating TOO much. I'm still sore. Except some days I can't feel it much ... then later in the day it hurts like it's sticking me on the inside. :) Is this normal? Well just thought I'd ask to see if anyone else feels this way. TTYL everyone.

MsPriss4:tongue:

I eat a lot of veggies, spinach, cucumbers string Beans , broccoli, etc. is this a no-no, or is this an o.k. carb. i do not do any starches, bread potatoes, rice etc. but my weight is just staying the same. I bought the book weight loss and gastric adjustable band, does anyone have it and what do you think of it. I just got it today, and have not had an opportunity to read it yet. thanx, and good luck to everyone.

All of those veggies are fine. You want to stay away from peas, carrots and corn. Those are all high carb veggies. A lot of people think they are eating healthy by dipping carrots in ranch dressing and it's a double whammo. High fat, and high carbs. This is okay for someone who isn't trying to lose weight, but not for us.

That article in Time was interesting. When I was in the weight loss stage,

I did hard cardio for an hour a day 6 days a week. Now that I am on maintenance I do 45 min. 5 days a week.

My understanding of bandster eating is 3 ounces of lean Protein, and half a cup of non starchy veggies or fruit. My mentor says no one ever got fat from eating veggies. If you still have room after that, a little of a high Fiber complex carb. This will provide you with the nutrition you need and not overfill your pouch. Measure out your portion and when it is gone, stop eating and go do something that will divert your attention. :-)

I'm showered and dressed and ready to head for the hospital.:) See you all on the flip side!

Orea

Hi Linda,

To update your ticker, go to www.tickerfactory.com, put in your password and change your weight and put in today's date. Then you save it. It's as easy as that. I pasted the whole thing into my signature for lapbandtalk.com. To track calories, Protein and carbs, I use www.thedailyplate.com which is so easy to use, free once you register, and helps me monitor what is actually going into my mouth!

Orea and all new bandsters: good luck!

Nancy

To update my ticker, I usually just click on my ticker and it takes me to a page to update. I just put in my password, change the weight and voila, it automatically updates it here. but today that wouldnt' work and I had to create and save a whole new one.

I got rid of my ticker. I got sick of looking at it.

Thinking healing thoughts for you Orea!

I have such a long way to go.....sigh..... Just watching that ticker move down (albeit slowly) helps keep me motivated. That and reading all your posts and talking with my friends. Oh, and I'm going to a support group for my doctor....I mean at my doctor's office.....tonight. Actually, I seriously doubt if my doctor needs support; he seems to have it all pretty much together!

Nancy

Gall Bladders, who needs 'em anyway?

I just got home from my surgeon's and I am going to get the surgery to have it removed. He recommended it due to my symptoms and my abnormal ultrasound. He said he used to do several gall bladders a day before he concentrated soley on bariatric procedures but still does several a month on his bariatric patients, so I feel in good hands. Wednesdays are the day that he sees all the prospective bariatric patients so the office is swamp. The gal that schedules the surgeries was so busy she said she'd call me in the next few days and get it scheduled. It will probably be in the next week or two. fun fun!!

On a positve note, I lost 7 lbs since my last fill 16 days ago!!! And I got a .5cc fill today. I felt I just needed a 'tweaking' I can eat more than I was but still have some restriction. We'll see how this goes.

To update my ticker, I usually just click on my ticker and it takes me to a page to update. I just put in my password, change the weight and voila, it automatically updates it here. but today that wouldnt' work and I had to create and save a whole new one.

I've been unable to update my ticker also. For the last several days, everytime I click on it, it just opens the image in a full screen. I don't know what they are doing at that site, but it was a lot simpler than it is now!

I think there is something wrong with the ticker site. There are a lot of people having problems with it.

Joanie, Thanks for the encouragement! You’re weight loss is an inspiration!

Katarina, welcome to the group! Congratulations on your band!

Maggies, welcome to the group! Waiting is hard! I’m just starting and waiting too. We are starting from about the same numbers! Keep us informed.

MaryD, People always have a horror story to tell you, no matter what you are having – a baby or surgery or whatever! I just listen, thank them and forget it all! Positive support is very important that’s why this is such a great place.

Lizalee, Interesting article! Thanks.

MsPriss4, Congratulations on your band!

Orea, thinking of you tonight!

Long2bthin, Congratulations on your loss! Sorry to hear you another surgery so soon. I’m sure having so much faith in your surgeon will be a plus!

My daughter and I have narrowed it down to 2 Drs and facilities. One in Pittsburgh and one in Erie. We are making appts to go to the informational sessions in Erie first. I heard from my insurance co and my attendance at weight watchers last year, will meet my supervised diet requirement. I'm glad!

So i need a psych eval and i meet all the insurance requirements. Onward, forever onward!

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening!

Pat