Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

wow! it is great to see other women in my age bracket. I had my surg. on 6-09-08 and had my first fill on 7-15-08, however, i could eat just about anything i wanted but i hold back and eat just protien and vegetables. question, my doc told me no fluids 20 min before meals and 1 1/2 hrs after. I am not mistaken cause he wrote it down. I am thirsty all the time cause I can't get my 64 oz. in, and sometimes i am so thirsty i guzzle the Water and get bloated. did your docs tell you this and if not when and how much can you drink. also what is Pb I see it in different threads, dont know what it is.. thanx and good luck to all.:teeth_smile:

wow! it is great to see other women in my age bracket. I had my surg. on 6-09-08 and had my first fill on 7-15-08, however, i could eat just about anything i wanted but i hold back and eat just protien and vegetables. question, my doc told me no fluids 20 min before meals and 1 1/2 hrs after. I am not mistaken cause he wrote it down. I am thirsty all the time cause I can't get my 64 oz. in, and sometimes i am so thirsty i guzzle the Water and get bloated. did your docs tell you this and if not when and how much can you drink. also what is Pb I see it in different threads, dont know what it is.. thanx and good luck to all.:thumbup:

I was told 30 minutes before and after meals for drinking water. And find that tough to deal with. Bur always have a glass of ice water on my desk at work so drink whenever I can

Try not to guzzle, it may cause some burping and the water may come back up. It has happened to me a few times :teeth_smile:

My doctor also told me not to drink 1/2 hour before and 1/2 hour after eating. He also recommended drinking from a sippy cup so I won't guzzle down liquids. I'm trying to find one without the Little Mermaid or Sponge Bob on it.

Good Luck to both Orea and Dianne! It is soooooo worth it. I needed to buy a special outfit for a work dinner in August. Prior to surgery I was a 22-24 so I was looking in the plus dept yesterday. Finally after everything I tried on was too big, I sort of tippy toed into the Normal Peoples' size dept. Oh my God, tried on a 16, thought it was okay, my sister said, "wait, that's too big".....got a SIZE 14 gorgeous suit.

Orea and Dianne it is a wonderful feeling.....No more cholesterol problems and good bye Type II diabetes......who can ask for more?

Your in my prayers and thoughts! The worst part of the procedure is the THIRST until the doc lets you drink Water. At least for me.

That's really something to look forward to!

As for me, I reached an important mile marker today: As of now, I have exactly 200 pounds to lose. It surely beats where I started. It's going to be a great journey. :teeth_smile:

Bandofgold...Who did your surgery? I am working with BGH and Dr. Hoffman...hope to have surgery Sept or Oct!

My doctor also told me not to drink 1/2 hour before and 1/2 hour after eating. He also recommended drinking from a sippy cup so I won't guzzle down liquids. I'm trying to find one without the Little Mermaid or Sponge Bob on it.

I don't want cartoon characters, either. I went on Ebay and got some tupperware sippy cups. But you know, those mugs they make for drinking coffee in your car would probably work, too, if they have a relatively small hole at the top. I also found that the tops for my Magic Bullet type blender work well too, because of the relatively small hole at the top. (My blender is by Tribest; I got it from Amazon.)

I LOVE this support group!! Thank you, everyone, for all the encouragement and great tips. I got my band 9 days ago and I am still drinking protien shakes (with a little Soup in between). I think that I've lost 8-9 pounds so far..........

I go walking everyday for at least 20 minutes (more when I have the time). It really helped with the gas right after surgery. Looking forward to being able to get back into a regular exercise routine. I used to go to CURVES at least 3 times a week.

I am interested in finding out more about what you are allowed to eat when you get back to solid foods. I read that you don't really lose until then. Is that true?

Also- Is there a local support group that meets on a regular basis for lap-banders? I live in Hammond, LA.

Later, band-mates!!

Check with your Dr. The Dr. I use has support group meetings.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I have been very calm today. I am so looking forward to tomorrow. I will post as soon I feel I am able.

Orea, I have you in my prayers for Wednesday and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Edited by BeverlyDiane

Dianne, I don't know if you are still on here (probably trying to get a good night's sleep!) but I have been thinking of you all day and you will definitely be in my thoughts tomorrow. I pray you will have a successful LB day, and an easy recovery. You are on your way!

God Bless!

Hi all;

My weight loss has stopped - I was doing so well for 4 months and now I have not lost for 2 weeks! Even though I exercise every day and last week 2 x a day.

Thoughts I have about it

My body is adjusting to my weight loss so far

I need to go back to liquids and start the 5 day pouch test

I need to have patience

I need to keep going and trust

I need to not eat sugar

I need to have patience again

I need to keep exercising

Weight loss will happen when it happens but it's hard to wait it out

Any other ideas gals?

Sadie (who is not known for her patience)

Yes I've had this to happen to me several times. If I eat meat (beef) this happens and also rice. I've had to eliminate rice from my diet totally. I've found that if you eat slowly putting the fork/spoon down and chew until the food is liquid or very soft this will help a great deal.

Sadie--been there.

Just keep going. If you are doing the right things, you WILL lose...eventually. I do think your body needs to "adjust." Also, you don't have that much more to lose--it will be slower now. Just enjoy and MAINTAIN what you have accomplished so far.

This journey is not just about the loss. God knows that I am an excellent dieter. I just STOP when I get to my goal. Those days are over. I will exercise and make good choices for the rest of my life...regardless of the scale.

This is a bump--it will pass--but continue with the lifestyle change anyway. You'll get there.

And promise me, when I am feeling what you are feeling, you'll write the same back to me!

Judy

217/170/132 Banded 5/13/08

Sadie: I sympathize with you. That is how my body seems to lose weight----lose a pound or 2 or 3, plateau for a few weeks. It is frustrating, but the scales do go down and we have to be patient and stick with it. The worst thing we can do is give up. Remember, even if it goes off slowly, with our good eating habits and the band, we will not regain this weight we are (so slowly) losing. Besides, you have done really well, and you will continue to do this well until you reach your goal.

BTW, I am in day 3 of the pouch test, recording what I eat (as usual on myplate), and still haven't lost another ounce. I will persevere and eventually, it will come off.

Think of this: if we lose too easily, at our age, we would get massive wrinkles, as our skin is not as resilient as it was when we were teenagers. So, a slow loss is probably more aesthetically appealing for most of us. Aaah, I'm trying here to see the positive in the Looooong journey I am on.

Good luck to all. To the new bandsters: hang in there. It gets better every day (especially when the scales drop!).

Nancy

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I have been very calm today. I am so looking forward to tomorrow. I will post as soon I feel I am able.

Oreo, I have you in my prayers for Wednesday and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Know that you are in my heart and my prayers, too. :-) We are embarking on the adventure of our lives!

Hugs,

Orea